Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How low can Limbaugh go?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low can Limbaugh go?  (Read 36983 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »

You guys talk about MJF using his illness to gain support for Stem Cell research.......OF COURSE HE DID.  He and millions of others that suffer from diseases could highly benefit from the future advances that can be made. 

Him and Nancy Reagan.............
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:40 PM »

Bill, I agree. Its terrible to watch someone you love suffer knowing their could be a cure to their problem out there - its a shame people can't sympathize others just b/c it doesn't directly effect them.  But when it does, they are VERY quick to change their minds.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »

Bill, I agree. Its terrible to watch someone you love suffer knowing their could be a cure to their problem out there - its a shame people can't sympathize others just b/c it doesn't directly effect them.? But when it does, they are VERY quick to change their minds.

Kinda like how I'm Pro-Life.... until my girlfriend gets pregnant!? ?crying peace

j/k
sandman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »

the issue is simple. most people are FOR stem cell research. we're all on the same page there.

some are AGAINST embyonic stem cell research. their argument is simple, they believe that you are taking human life to try to preserve human life. and therefore they do not agree with it.

you may disagree with that statement, but if you take a second to understand where they are coming from, it's not all that crazy. they just have a belief system that differs from you.

and i believe polls show that most people are against cloning of any type.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows.?

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.? But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?? Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really.?

Oh, I totally agree, I was just putting it all out there so people could form their opinions.?

No worries dude, I wasn't responding to you posting it, just to the ad itself - I think its cool to see/hear both sides of the coin? ok

Hey! I am a dudette! Grin

My personal opinion is that I am for the research because I have had people in my life that it has affected personally and watching them degenerate can just rip your heart into pieces no matter what political affiliation you belong to. ?

Just look at Nancy Reagan for instance and the suffering she endured. ? ?

I think pulling out the guy who played JESUS for the response ad was a pretty cheap shot (notice they put him in the ad 1st)!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 04:03:38 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows.?

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.? But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?? Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really.?

Oh, I totally agree, I was just putting it all out there so people could form their opinions.?

No worries dude, I wasn't responding to you posting it, just to the ad itself - I think its cool to see/hear both sides of the coin? ok

My personal opinion is that I am for the research because I have had people in my life that it has affected personally and watching them degenerate can just rip your heart into pieces no matter what political affiliation you belong to. ?

Just look at Nancy Reagan for instance and the suffering she endured. ? ?

I think pulling out the guy who played JESUS for the response ad was a pretty cheap shot (notice they put him in the ad 1st)!

cheap shot??? it was a smart move. they know who they need to get motivated to vote.  hihi

and although the ad is powerful, i wonder if this is a mistake by the Dems. why get the religious right motivated to vote? we'll know the impact in 2 weeks.

the true cheap shot was Fox lying in the ad....

"That ad claims opponents want to criminalize research and prevent the expansion of stem cell research. Those claims are just false and misleading," Ruse said. "Our gripe with Amendment 2 is it creates a right to do human cloning and it creates the right to human egg trafficking for cloning research."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2006, 04:07:20 PM »

Bill, I agree. Its terrible to watch someone you love suffer knowing their could be a cure to their problem out there - its a shame people can't sympathize others just b/c it doesn't directly effect them.  But when it does, they are VERY quick to change their minds.

Kinda like how I'm Pro-Life.... until my girlfriend gets pregnant!   crying peace

j/k

well thats a great example...or how you're against gay marriage, until your daughter comes out of the closet and tells you shes a lesbian....

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows. 

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.  But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?  Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really. 

Oh, I totally agree, I was just putting it all out there so people could form their opinions. 

No worries dude, I wasn't responding to you posting it, just to the ad itself - I think its cool to see/hear both sides of the coin  ok

My personal opinion is that I am for the research because I have had people in my life that it has affected personally and watching them degenerate can just rip your heart into pieces no matter what political affiliation you belong to. 

Just look at Nancy Reagan for instance and the suffering she endured.   

cheap shot??? it was a smart move. they know who they need to get motivated to vote.  hihi

and although the ad is powerful, i wonder if this is a mistake by the Dems. why get the religious right motivated to vote? we'll know the impact in 2 weeks.

I think the religious right was going to vote anyways, just as the liberal left is going to vote no matter what....its the moderates who are going to tip the scales here and like you said, most people are in favor of stem cell research of some kind. 

Surfrider
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 12:55:18 AM »

Bill, I agree. Its terrible to watch someone you love suffer knowing their could be a cure to their problem out there - its a shame people can't sympathize others just b/c it doesn't directly effect them.? But when it does, they are VERY quick to change their minds.

Kinda like how I'm Pro-Life.... until my girlfriend gets pregnant!? ?crying peace

j/k

well thats a great example...or how you're against gay marriage, until your daughter comes out of the closet and tells you shes a lesbian....
Or you are against the death penalty until a child molester kills your daughter.  Or you are against parental notification for abortion until your daughter gets pregnant.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »

Kinda like how I'm Pro-Life.... until my girlfriend gets pregnant!   crying peace

j/k

Or you are against the death penalty until a child molester kills your daughter.  Or you are against parental notification for abortion until your daughter gets pregnant.

good examples, i agree, hyporcrisy is really frustrating and irritating.  good thing i'm pro death penalty so I won't have to have a change of heart  ok

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »

Nope, not really.?

But if we went by that wouldn't everyone have to shut the fuck up about politics? Everyone has to have a day job, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a say or express their opinions just based on what they do for a living. Some of the best political statements were made my people in movies, music (as shown in their art) and even sports figures; Ali, Jim Brown, Arthur Ashe.....

But lawyers should definitely stay out of politics.? Grin

....and Pat Robertson..... and all religious groups for that matter.?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:38:23 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows. 

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.  But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?  Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really. 

But if we went by that wouldn't everyone have to shut the fuck up about politics? Everyone has to have a day job, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a say or express their opinions just based on what they do for a living. Some of the best political statements were made my people in movies, music (as shown in their art) and even sports figures; Ali, Jim Brown, Arthur Ashe.....

But lawyers should definitely stay out of politics.  Grin

....and Pat Robertson..... and all religious groups for that matter. 

I see your point, but its attempting to use that celebrity to get attention or sway opinion.....what makes Kurt Warner's opinion on stem cell any better or more important then yours?  how come they used celebs instead of everyday people in the ad?  See my point.  Its supposed to get your attention and be like "WHOA, Mike Sweeney said hes against it......".  I think the other side is just as bad, I don't really give a shit what Sean Penn or Alec Baldwin thinks (they are both part of F. A. G. after all heheh).

As for musicians and artists...its preaching but its not pushing.  It also is art and that is a form of expression, its supposed to stir up emotions.  As for the sports guys you mentioned, like i said before, those issues personally effected them (same with Magic Johnson).  Yeah there are exceptions to every statement, but generally speaking, i think they should all just shut up.  leave the politics to the people whose job it is and stick to baseball/football.

Personally, I hate how preachy Bono is, but I do applaud him for doing TONS of work.  but its hard to take someone seriously when they are trying to end world poverty but they live in million dollar mansions, wear expensive clothes and sunglasses and once paid thousands just to have a hat of his flown from one country to another b/c he forgot to take it on a trip with him.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »

But that's the thing though, we can't leave it up to the people whose job it is. That's the thing we have to get away from is depending on people to do their jobs and not informing ourselves about what they're supposed to be doing. That's why I think its a good thing that a celebrity gets behind an issue, just for the fact they can draw people to that issue, even if its just for us to say "They don't know what the fuck they're talking about." It causes us to get involved.

Warner is speaking just on religious beliefs, which with me completely makes his opinion irrelevant, which again is my opinion. But he should stand up for what he believes in. Its up to us to listen.

And we're all hypocrites in our own way Wink
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:37:27 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 12:31:50 PM »

Limbaugh is an ass. ?Plain and simple.

Limbaugh is not a politician. ?He's not even much of an activist. ? He's a radio personality getting paid (well) to direct his particular line of rhetoric to the masses. ?Considering his popularity when taking into account his past foibles...he's obviously good at it. ?But rest assured it's 90% schtick.....the man started life as a talentless DJ doing top 40 schtick, so he knows it well.

Now, he's not an idiot. ?He said what he said knowing full well the shit storm it would drum up. And the rise in his Q rating and public awareness. ?And the rise in ratings it would likely cause. ?And, on the marginal plus side, that it would draw attention to the campaign for his "side" of things. ?It wasn't going to "hurt" him with his dittoheads.

Oh, and I wouldn't exactly characterize what he said as an apology. ?It was sort of backhanded and then, more or less, retracted on his show the next day.

All I'm saying is I've never seen him the way he appears in this commercial for Claire McCaskill. So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act, especially since people are telling me they have seen him this way on other interviews and in other television appearances

I think what they're going to focus on is my statement yesterday that he was either acting or off his medications when he was doing these commercials. It turns out he was off his medication. He was not acting, but he was off his medication, and he has admitted in his own book that he goes off medication before Senate Appropriations Committee hearings and the like in order to illustrate the ravages of the disease.

He went on to take a bunch more pot shots at Fox, stirring the pot as is Rush's schtick.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:36:26 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »

Drugie Rush went right back to taking shots at Fox after his "apology". What a total dirtbag.

Maybe he is just jealous that Fox is able to obtain his drugs with a prescription?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »

I hope he keeps talking....say all you want chubs  ok  The more press for this the better

Voters Increase Support for Stem Cell Research After Viewing Michael J. Fox Ad

Republicans' Support for Republican House Candidates Declines

FLEMINGTON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new national study revealed that American voters' support for stem cell research increased after they viewed an ad featuring Michael J. Fox in which he expresses his support for candidates who are in favor of stem cell research.

The study was conducted among 955 Americans by HCD Research and Muhlenberg College Institute of Public Opinion (MCIPO) during October 24-25, to obtain Americans' views on the stem cell research before and after they watched the ad.

The participants included self-reported Democrats, Republicans and Independents. They were asked to view the ad and respond to pre-and post-viewing questions regarding their opinions and emotions concerning the ad.

Among the study findings:

* Among all respondents, support for stem cell research increased from 78% prior to viewing the ad, to 83% after viewing the ad. Support among Democrats increased from 89% to 93%, support among Republicans increased from 66% to 68% and support among Independents increased from 80% to 87% after viewing the ad.
    * The level of concern regarding a candidate's view on stem cell research increased among all respondents from 57% prior to viewing the ad to 70% after viewing the ad. Among Democrats, the level of concern increased from 66% to 83% and Republicans' level of concern increased from 50% to 60%. Independents' level of concern increased from 58% to 69%.
    * The perception that the November election is relevant to the U.S. policy on stem cell research increased across all voter segments, with an increase of 9% among all respondents pre- and post-viewing from 62% to 71%. The Democrats' perception increased from 75% to 83%, Republicans' perception increased from 55% to 62% and Independents' perception increased from 60% to 68% pre- and post-viewing.
    * The advertisement elicited similar emotional responses from all responders with all voter segments indicating that they were "not bored and attentive" followed by "sorrowful, thankful, afraid and regretful."
    * The vast majority of responders indicated that the advertisement was believable with 76% of all responders reporting that it was "extremely believable" or "believable." Among party affiliation, 93% of Democrats 57% of Republicans and 78% of Independents indicated it "extremely believable" or "believable."

Respondents were asked to indicate what candidate they would vote for in the U.S. House of Representatives election if it was held today before and after viewing the ad.
# Republicans who indicated that they were voting for a Republican candidate decreased by 10% after viewing the ad (77% to 67%). Independents planning to vote for Democrats increased by 10%, from 39% to 49%.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:34 PM »

Drugie Rush went right back to taking shots at Fox after his "apology". What a total dirtbag.

Maybe he is just jealous that Fox is able to obtain his drugs with a prescription?

rofl

I don't even see how this guy is even still on the air.  Fat, useless painkiller popping idiot taking shots at a seriously ill person.  His so called apology was bullshit.  He says "if I am wrong" not "I am wrong"

But yea, let him keep on talking, he is causing his own party to lose votes and I find that part of it very amusing!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »

Love him or hate him, his commentary on Michael J. Fox was disgusting.? Rush is a good example of why alot of non-Americans don't like us very much.? I'm just speaking the truth.? Cry

Folks with Parkinson's disease are a portion of the patients I treat as a physical therapist.? I get to see the ravages of this horrible condition up close.? Actually, I get to see alot of horrible afflictions that stem cell research could one day cure.? Do folks today realize that as they age, they too could be victims of conditions like this?Huh It boggles my mind how stupid and near-sighted some people can be.? ?Embarrassed?

Then, to listen to this windbag try to say Fox was trying to trick people by not taking his meds makes we want to scream.? That is Michael J. Fox!!!? Michael J. Fox IS that guy who is being ravaged by Parkinsons!!? ?

I just saw that jerk mimicking Fox on an Entertainment Tonight clip.  What a dick.  Angry?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:37:03 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »

limbaugh apologized to fox and said "i stand corrected" on the very next segment of his show.

his listeners called and told him he was incorrect - that fox does shake like that and it's not exaggerated.

i'm not standing up for this guy, but a fair and balanced reporter woud have mentioned this.

it was too little too late, you dont do something that low and expect "oh sorry" to make you look like a decent person, Rush is a fucking idiot and needs to shut the fuck up!
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2006, 02:29:27 AM »

Think of the lives that have been lost over Anna Nicole. The horror. The humanity. Millions of Stem Cellians trapped between dried out pages of old Playboys. If only God will forgive the Liberals for this.

Bud Fox personally thinks Rush is back on the junk. His shows have been increasingly incoherent and bizarre. Then again, that pretty much describes the entire Republican Party, so go figger.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: