Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Question about cosmetic surgery ( for me)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about cosmetic surgery ( for me)  (Read 3680 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 04:02:24 PM »

Jessica,
I've got another question for you.  You want to sing and act...
Do you mean you want to be a singer/actress or do you want to be famous? 

bah, i don't give a shit about being famous, if i had wanted to, i would have by now, because i got very good connections when i was young. I started when i was 16 with an agency and i am 31 ( well, in 2 days) and then stopped for.....8 years ?

No, i just want to do what i love doing because i had given a promise that i have now taken back since love is broken.

But i want to do quality, the best i can, do you understand ?

Nothing to say
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »

I understand.  I was just curious. 
Are the exercises you're doing from your singing coach or from a physical therapist? 
I am a big believer in PT... I'd still be in my wheelchair, in my leg brace if I hadn't done PT.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »

I understand.  I was just curious. 
Are the exercises you're doing from your singing coach or from a physical therapist? 
I am a big believer in PT... I'd still be in my wheelchair, in my leg brace if I hadn't done PT.

My singing teacher who is also an opera singer and pretty famous in her own right because both of her career and because she was singing teacher on our " pop idol".

I don't know any physical therapist in paris  Cry Cry Cry

Nothing to say
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »

I didn't know you were from Paris.  I don't know how it is there, but talk to a doctor about referring you to a physical therapist.  They would be able to show you different exercises specific to your injury, from a medical standpoint, as opposed to a singing standpoint.  I did not intend to pass judgment on your singing coach or question how qualified she is.  I'm sure she's an excellent coach (from a vocal standpoint), but unless she's trained in anatomy, I'd be concerned that you might be causing more stress and not getting an rehabilitative benefits. 
Talk to an orthopedic surgeon.  See what they have to say.   
Shirell
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 01:06:23 PM »

Hi Jessica,
I read your post and I understand that you don't want people to feel sorry for you.  I went through a very similar bad time with my ex-husband a waste of space junkie.  The only good thing I ever got from him was my son.

Anyway, I am a beautician and have been for over 20 years. I've also had extensive surgery on my stomach as I have Crohn's disease (that's were the bowel ulcerates and dies and has to be removed). I've had two major surgeries and have been cut straight down the middle twice. 

I know it can be difficult to accept these things that happen sometimes but I think you need to consider seriously whether you should have surgery or not.  It is a big thing to undertake.  As for scarring, obviously you re concerned about that and you are still young.  All scarrin fades with time.  I discovered that myself.  You can help to reduce the redness of new scarring  You can help scarring to fade simply by moisturising it every day.  I think if I were you I would consider how much this may or may not benefit my life and if it will or not, affect my child's life. 

Would I have the surgery if I were you?  Probably not.  In truth.  Other people probably don't notice how you say it affects when you talk.  When we have something wrong we always think other people must be able to see it too.  Often they dont. 

Any way, best of luck.  I'm sure you'll make the choice that is right for you.

Remember beauty on the outside is only skin deep, it's whats on the inside that matters.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: