Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  weightlifting, gym rats, bodybuilders,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: weightlifting, gym rats, bodybuilders,  (Read 53103 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 09:07:11 AM »

gunner down under..

there's no such thing as to young, especially when you're a teen, the stunt your growth is a old wive's tale.. I don't know where that started in years past, but it happens to every young lifter.. They say do push ups, but don't use weights, like your body knows the diference between push ups n benching? hihi

good luck

I don't know man...

One of my freinds went all out with the weight training at a young age and he not only stunted his growth, but shrunk 2-3 inches as well, no joke!

Maybe he became a hunch back
badapple81
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 07:52:25 PM »

Coke is horrible. It's got like 39 grams of sugar per can. That equals something like 12 teaspoons of sugar in each can (some one correct me if I'm off).

Sugar causes your insulin levels to spike and then crash. The insulin swings cause your body to store fat. Diabetes happens often times down the road. Diet sodas have aspartame in them and they cause all kinds of horrible symptoms/problems.

My choice was to not drink either. They are both total crap, and bad for you.

39 grams of sugar. Holy shit...seriously i mean holy shit. I have 6 litres of coke a day Shocked

I would really hate to see what my insides look like nervous

I'm gonna die early crying

6 litres a day! That's crazy! Forget your insides, I think ure teeth are gonna fall out first if you dont cut down!

Im so frustrated, have been sick again this entire last week and a half and way too fatigued to go to the gym.. feel like all my initial will have totally been for nothing! Hopefully can get back to the gym in a couple of days!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 08:05:32 PM »

I have 42" arms. Don't fuck with me.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 09:10:26 PM »

I go to the gym probably 3-4 days a week. I work 2 jobs so I don't have much chance to monitor what I eat. I just bring a lunch box with sammiches. I don't enjoy working out at all, I just do it to stay in shape really.
And as far as "gym rats" I think they're all latently homosexual. I don't think theres anything wrong with being gay but I think 90% of the people at my gym do and they try to cover it up by working out. I mean you should hear these people. The ones who yell at each other while working out and slam weights on the floor when they're done with them. Plus the fucking locker room! I swear theres a gym locker room waiting for me in hell. The scale is by the door and the showers are as far away from it as possible. And of course these guys have to walk naked to the scale because of all the weight a pair of shorts will add will fuck up any kind of accuracy one could hope for while trying to attain an accurate figure for how much you weigh. And maybe I am a prude about it but what the fuck is up with talking to people and hanging out in there naked? I mean I just think of it as a common courtesy to others that you don't do that shit. At my gym there's these 2 guys, one refers to himself as big donny and the only person other than himself who seems to call him that is his friend marsh. They are loud, obnoxious, and generally ruin the experience for all around them. The other day they were talking about kicking peoples asses and hating fags and other stupid macho mutherfucker talk....and then proceeded to rub this lotion on each other. My friend and I were almost on the floor laughing. So I guess they do have some redeaming value, that being how laughably stupid they are, but I would prefer it if they didn't exist. Sorry if this doesn't go along with the thread but this is what came to mind when I saw the title. I am sure alot of people can relate if they go to a gym.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
badapple81
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 12:21:28 AM »

At my gym there's these 2 guys, one refers to himself as big donny

You go to the same gym as D?!  hihi

I think you may be paying a bit too much attention to those around you at the gym and over-analysing them a little too much.

Actually, I went to a gym which was full of your typical gym junkies, and did find it a little overwhelming when I am just starting out.. maybe you need to look around at other gyms.. my latest gym is really cool.. cool instructors to help you out.. nice balance of people, quiet during times and very friendly.

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 06:02:16 AM »

Coke is horrible. It's got like 39 grams of sugar per can. That equals something like 12 teaspoons of sugar in each can (some one correct me if I'm off).

Sugar causes your insulin levels to spike and then crash. The insulin swings cause your body to store fat. Diabetes happens often times down the road. Diet sodas have aspartame in them and they cause all kinds of horrible symptoms/problems.

My choice was to not drink either. They are both total crap, and bad for you.

39 grams of sugar. Holy shit...seriously i mean holy shit. I have 6 litres of coke a day Shocked

I would really hate to see what my insides look like nervous

I'm gonna die early crying

6 litres a day! That's crazy! Forget your insides, I think ure teeth are gonna fall out first if you dont cut down!

Im so frustrated, have been sick again this entire last week and a half and way too fatigued to go to the gym.. feel like all my initial will have totally been for nothing! Hopefully can get back to the gym in a couple of days!

Yeah i know man. I'm seriously hooked on this stuff. I get like withdrawel symptoms if i dont have it. I'm very angry and agitated if i dont have coke with me.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2004, 06:40:34 AM »

If you want basic gyms that have normal people then join bally or dolphin, or places that are chains./// Most mom n pop gyms are crazy..
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2004, 07:00:31 AM »

I did some lifting and stuff a few times a week back in the late 90s when I was still playing football (soccer), but not now.

other than lifting heavy stuff at work all day i don't lift much more than my drumsticks and my guitars Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2004, 08:02:53 AM »

Ronnie coleman ties Arnold for 7th mr olympia..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 06:40:32 PM »

Maybe he became a hunch back

No hunch...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »

Ronnie Coleman is amazing, probably the best physique ive ever seen, but had Arnold not been more into wanting to be an actor he probably would have won 20 mr olympia's.

I like going to the gym when i have it to myself, i usually go at night, i dont have any problems lifting around others, but i concentrate better and work out more intensely when im not around a humongous group of people.

i hold the record for leg press at the gym i go. i did 8 plates on each side which was 680 pounds i did a set of 6. most i ever saw anyone else do was maybe 5 plates on each side.

I just hate waiting to use equipment, i like keeping a good pace, minimal rest of maybe 20-30 seconds, i dont like takin 2 hours to do a 45 minute workout
i hate partners that try to bullshit too much. i like getting in, working out extremely hard and getting the fuck back out.

i start back hard training Monday and i cant wait!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2004, 09:26:53 PM »

When I was in undergrad I was hardcore into lifting.  I did most of the standard lifts such as Mike said.  I eat tons of protein and took Creatine for awhile.  The most I weighed was about 220 at about 7.5% body fat.  I used to be able to lift a pretty good amount also.  I entered a 3 lift competition before my sophmore year in college and did pretty well.

Now its sad to say that Im pretty pathetic.  Since I went to law school my strength and muscles have deteriorated a lot.  I attempted to get back into heavy lifting last summer, but I got the recurring pain in my palm that has forced me to only do certain lifts.  Right now I have been doing dumbells, cause it hasnt hurt my hand.  I also try to focus more on cardio now than I used to.  I do a lot of sprinting.  I go to the track and run 100s and 200s.  I find that almost better than any type of training you can do if you want to get ripped.  Im not sure if I will ever get into heavy lifting again.  To tell you the truth, I dont think there is much reason for it if you arent playing sports.   It just causes more injuries once you get older.  Now Im about 200 pounds but I lost a lot of my strength.

I also have had some mysterious medical problems, such as high blood pressure.  I also get lots of muscle twitches.  Do any of you that lift all of the time find that you get twitches all of the time? 
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 06:20:32 AM »

Yeah, I'm going to bump this because I'm fed up of being an unhealthy bastard...

I want to start getting in shape, because what with the summer break basically here now, and next year I'll only be part time at college, I will have more time on my hands.

But first I need to sort out my diet....

It's been answered in this thread before, but not very clearly.

I'm stupid when it comes to food groups, so be specific...

...What kind of things should I have for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Elevensees? Tea? Snacks? I don't know. Food!

Tell me what to eat and I'll eat it.

Chicken? Brilliant, that's a start. What else?

PS: Can I get into shape (just a pretty good physique and such, not a brick like D or Mike) even though I smoke and drink a fair bit?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 08:49:18 AM »

I realised that if you want to get in shape, gym is not the best solution.

Lately I've playing Football, basketball and tennis a lot, and I look and feel great, despite my smoking, drinking and reeeeealy unhealthy diet.

And it's a lot more fun

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 09:43:20 PM »

As if it came as a surprise to anyone if you want to lose weight do cardio.  If you want to put on mass do weights.. god who knew

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »

Ok, i just read over Mike's workout and I'm not NEARLY that focused...  I just basically alternate between upper and lower body and do a lot of cardio.  Is there a more specific order I should be following that will give me results quicker?

used illusions... the thing with drinking is whether or not you can motivate yourself with a hangover.  I definetaly can't drink as much as I used to if I want to maintain a schedule at the gym.  The thing is, once you've been going for awhile, you won't want to drink as much as you do now (if you drink everyday, every other day, whatever) because you'll have a natural buzz that you won't want to kill.

I don't smoke, but I'm willing to bet it will murder you at the gym.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2005, 12:22:17 AM »

The best way to exercise and get in shape is to do something u love.

Not everyone is a weight lifter, not everyone can run on a treadmill *I cant*

In my prime I could run 5 miles but on a treadmill it is all I can do to run 1 mile. Just running and not going anywhere sucks.

Try something u absolutely love to do, for me I love playing basketball and bike riding, that doesnt even feel like exercise cause I love it so much.

Weightlifting is an acquired taste, it hurts, it is painful but If u can stick to it for two weeks and get it into your routine and I promise you when you start seeing your results u will be hooked.

Going and working out will become like getting up and taking shower.

What kind of body do u want UI?

There are different kinds of diets for different bodies, if u wanna gain muscle or lose weight there are different ways to approach it.

Which are u tryin to do?

I dont agree bad tripp

After running your metabolism stays high for only around 30 minutes, after resistance training your metabolism can stay high up to 2 hours!

So a great mix of cardio and weight training is the ideal for getting the right body.

me personally I love being able to run, I'd much rather be able to run 3 miles than to bench 300 pounds (of course I can do both, not to brag hihi)

Also there is no tomorrow, so many people say "ill start tomorrow" u can't do that, u gotta start immediately or u never will.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2005, 02:58:21 AM »

Can?t stand to use a  treadmill.  rant

I always work out the whole body when I go to the gym. But I break it up so that I work the Upper harder one day and the lower the next .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2005, 10:58:15 AM »

Okay, well I am saying that I'll start 'tommorow', but for a good reason, being that I don't want to start now because I'm halfway through my exams.

I definatly don't want to lose weight...

I weigh about 14 stone, whatever that is in real money.

So I just want to have a more healthy body, in as far as what I eat, as well as putting on some muscle.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2005, 05:36:46 PM »

If you dont wanna lose weight, basically just start exercising and that alone will tone your body up,maybe cut down on  junk food, try to get a lot of protein.

Eat when you first wake up to get your metabolism going.

If u want to start lifting weights, u can find good routines that will just tone you up and won't make your muscles huge.

I myself and trying to get leaner right now, so I've put the heavy weights down and I do lighter weights with more reps, I've also stopped drinking soft drinks which is like a crackhead giving up crack.

Basically it won't be hard for you to tone up, just find something u enjoy doing and try to exercise 4 to 5 times a week, cut down on the junk food, eat more fish,chicken,steak stuff like that, try not to eat right before you go to bed,drink more water and u shouldnt have much problem getting your desired results.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: