Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball  (Read 45164 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« on: January 18, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »

Thread for college hoops lovers like myself.

Would like to start out by giving huge props to my Louisville Cardinals for taking down previously undefeated and #1 ranked Pittsburgh tonight.

I was at Freedom Hall for the game and the atmosphere was sick!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:05:46 PM »

Yes, My Louisville Cardinals are playing excellent right now.

When McGee and Knowles are pressuring the opposing guards, man it is something to see. The intensity they play with is amazing to watch.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

When McGee and Knowles are pressuring the opposing guards, man it is something to see. The intensity they play with is amazing to watch.

Thanks a lot for pissing Pitt off before my 'cuse play 'em tonight!   rant   Dammit!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »

Thanks a lot for pissing Pitt off before my 'cuse play 'em tonight!   rant   Dammit!   hihi

haha.can't see Pitt losing two straight. Syracuse are tough though. Should be a great game.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

haha.can't see Pitt losing two straight. Syracuse are tough though. Should be a great game.

Here's a fun fact for ya.  Syracuse's 3-point sharp-shooter Andy Rautins is the son of former Syracuse great Leo Rautins.  Leo was drafted in the 1st round by the Sixers back in 1983...and who was drafted later by the Sixers in the same draft out of Princeton?  4th Round pick?  Craig Robinson.  Michelle Obama's brother!  Pretty cool.   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »

Didn't see the game but heard Pitt took care of business last night.  From the score, looks like we owe you 'Cuse fans an apology.

Sorry bout that.

beer

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Son of a bitch, ya can't say I didn't see it comin'.  Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »

Thread for college hoops lovers like myself.

Would like to start out by giving huge props to my Louisville Cardinals for taking down previously undefeated and #1 ranked Pittsburgh tonight.

I was at Freedom Hall for the game and the atmosphere was sick!
Seems like we got all Big East fans here so far.  Add one more to the list.  U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn.

I was in Vegas this past weekend and put some money on Pitt against Louisville.  It was looking pretty good in the second half until the Cardinals took over.  I never learn.  Whenever I bet on games in Vegas or even pick games for March Madness I always seem to go against Pitino and it never works out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »

Well, I hate to crash the Big East party, but I'm a Tarheel fan.  ok

Here Today . . .
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 06:58:37 AM »

Seems like we got all Big East fans here so far.  Add one more to the list.  U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn.

Ditto on being a Huskies fan.  Smiley

I'm afraid this is going to be another one of "those" seasons.  I just never know which team is going to show up....sometimes we get high energy, motivated ball, and sometimes they just look flat.  And when they look flat, they ALL look flat.

But they're good enough to make a deep run in both the Big East AND the NCAA tourney.  We'll see...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 01:35:42 PM »

I am also a UK Wildcat fan of course.

Let me explain how I can like both UK and UL since it is normally impossible.

I hated UL until Rick Pitino went there. I admire and respect him so much, that I have to cheer for him. So I now support UL because of Rick Pitino who I consider one of the greatest college coaches of all time and I wish so much he would've came back and saved the program he built that Tubby destroyed.

That being said. Both are my team.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

My UL/UK saga has been a twisty road.

I used to be a UK fan back in the 80's (because of Rex Chapman) and 90's (because of Rick Pitino).

When Rick left UK for the Celtics I was so disgusted I boycotted basketball all-together because I completely despised the NBA back then.

When Rick came back to the state to coach Louisville in 2001, I was rejuvenated instantly.  Became a Card fan immediately.  I had no hatred for UK until Rick took the Cards to Rupp Arena his first year.  Living in this state all my life I know first-hand how hardcore some Wildcat fans can be, but the treatment Rick and his family got was over-the-top ridiculous.  The people out in Lexington should've been ashamed of themselves.  This man saved their program when it was left for dead, then turned over the reigns to a man who brought them another national title his first year.  Such short memories they have.  It gave me great pleasure when Pitino came back two years later and beat UK at Rupp when they were ranked #1.  No wonder he called it his most satisfying win ever.

My fury died down after that, slowly fizzling out year after year.  And now that I'm with a wonderful woman who happens to be a Cat fan, it's much easier to root for both teams with no regrets (as she does the same for me).  We had a blast this past Jan 4 when the Cards and Cats locked horns at Freedom Hall.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »

UConn handled Villanova tonight at home.  They played pretty well for the most part, though they struggled to put the Wildcats away.  The game shouldn't have gone down to the wire as long as it did, and their defense left a lot to be desired.  Price played real well.  He's had quite the inconsistent season.  He's had a couple all american type performances and quite a few where he's been non-existant.

Wake also lost their first and last game as the #1 team to Va. Tech at home.  Bad loss for a #1 team, losing to an unranked team on their home floor.  No undefeated teams left anymore.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 04:26:30 AM »

Yea, Wake blew it tonight.  First time in the team's history that they've played an ACC game ranked #1 on their home floor and they lose to a team they were favored to beat by 13.

Goes to show you what the game of college hoops is about these days.  Any team can be beaten on any night, by anyone.

The loss inevitably paves the way for Duke to snag the #1 spot.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

Yea, Wake blew it tonight.  First time in the team's history that they've played an ACC game ranked #1 on their home floor and they lose to a team they were favored to beat by 13.

Goes to show you what the game of college hoops is about these days.  Any team can be beaten on any night, by anyone.

The loss inevitably paves the way for Duke to snag the #1 spot.

I hate Duke....I think every Huskies fan does.  Even though we've pretty much owned them in recent years, that shot by Christian Laetner still stings.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »

Don't talk about Christian Laettner to UK fans................ I just got depressed all over again

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »

What bothers me about Duke is how the media is always on their nuts.  Dukie V and just about any sports writer always puts them over big time.

They're usually ranked in the top 10 all year, then get blasted out of the NCAA tourney 2nd round by an unsuspecting team.

I understand they were ranked #8 preseason and everyone ahead of them has now lost, but Duke also suffered a loss against Michigan.  They weren't deserving of a #2 ranking that had them in a position to snag the top spot in the event Wake choked.

Ah well.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

They are the "Rich" prep university and they symbolize everything right with college basketball so they are promoted

I FUCKING HATE DUKE but, Coach K is one of the classiest coaches ever, the players are usually from well off families and they probably have a huge graduation rate with no scandals.

Sportswriters are a majority of white guys, Duke is a White school

so we can throw some race in there also! HAHA why not?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Louisville's goin' down tomorrow D!  Just had to let ya know ahead of time.  Go Orange!  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »

should be an awesome game!

Bet u 2k dollars they show the picture of Rick Pitino when he got hired by Jim Boeheim.

Rick cut his honey moon short to join his staff.

guarantee they mention that and show the photo!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: