Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2010 season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2010 season  (Read 68024 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:01 AM »

well, who knows.
Merc know how good Kimi is, and they were the first to push McLaren his way with unofficial comments.
I think this saga is far from over.
Latest comments...from Merc guys this time

This will be an international team for Mercedes-Benz is a global player. If you look back in our history we have very often been criticised for not having a German driver, so we were always open and we took the driver decision always together with McLaren. This will be the same in the future. We want to have the best ones and we definitely do not want to have the pure German team - it's an international Silver Arrows team and we want to have the best drivers in the car," Norbert Haug,

Dieter Zetsche, chairman of Daimler, the company that owns Mercedes, added: "What we would like to see is the best drivers in the two seats. We certainly would not be opposed if one of them was German but that is not a prerequisite."

Zetsch also revealed that, although the team are "working diligently" on the "topic" of their driver line-up, "no final decision" has been made. According to Haug, it may still be "weeks" before an announcement is made.

Kimi into the new Merc team
Jenson into the old Merc team
Fernando into Ferrari

bring on 2010!

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

There could be a fight for Kimi. Mercedes are not interested in Button. McLaren are certainly interested in Kimi as well since he's worked with them before.
Jenson will be feeling a bit like chopped liver now...

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »

Kimi has stated that McLaren is his only option for 2010.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »

I guess it's down to McLaren then. Watch the news waves. I hope they sign Kimi.
Kimi and Lewis. drool.

Press release of the new McLaren-Mercedes deal here.

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »

/jarmo

Appearantly McLaren made Kimi a deal but it was rejected by his management cause they wanted more money. So it's not like Kimi couldn't help it at all if he doesn't end up with a seat for next year.

Actually, it was reported that Kimi is actually financially better off without a seat then with a seat how strange that may sound:

Kimi Raikkonen stands to make more money in 2010 if he takes a sabbatical. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that if the Finn accepts McLaren's current offer, he will earn ?15m in 2010, as opposed to ?17m if he has a season on the sidelines.

According to his termination deal with Ferrari, the Italian team has promised to pay Raikkonen ?17m if he does not race in F1 next year, and ?10m if he finds suitable employment elsewhere.

Realising this, McLaren has reportedly offered Raikkonen just 5 million for the 2010 seat, concluding that ?15m in total earnings is a very healthy amount for the 2007 world champion.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091106091155.shtml

Ah well.. there's always rally for him.

But ofcourse it would be a waste, I mean I'd rather see a Kimi then a Heidfeld in F1, who is now likely to race with Rosberg at Mercedes, with Button going to McLaren.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:08:58 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »

Wow, that's a good deal. But I doubt he wants to sit out. People forget racing drivers very easily.

Fuck 'Em All.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »

/jarmo

somehow, I don't think it's up to him anymore. The way it's looking, it's the power players behind the scenes who will make the decision. I expect Kimi to be presented an offer from Brawn (around 8m-jenson money)...and an offer from McLaren for half that....

Then it will be his decision which matters...but not before...
I truly hope he puts his pride aside and takes either of the two.
It will be very dull without him next year.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 02:14:05 AM »

signed:

'BUTTON AGREES THREE-YEAR MCLAREN CONTRACT'
Tuesday 17th November 2009

Jenson Button has reportedly agreed a three-year contract with McLaren that will see the reigning World Champion earn ?6m per year.

Just hours after Mercedes let go of their 40 percent stake in McLaren in favour of a take-over at Brawn GP, reports that the team would take on an all-German line-up were downplayed by Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug.

"I read some speculation and I understand this because we could not give this information earlier. But this will be an international team for Mercedes-Benz is a global player," he said.

"We want to have the best ones and we definitely do not want to have the pure German team - it's an international Silver Arrows team and we want to have the best drivers in the car."

Haug's comments were followed by Mercedes GP chief executive Nick Fry stating that the team is still keen to hold onto Button, although not at any price.

"I hope Jenson is still with us next season," Fry told the BBC. "We've been together for a good few years now and we have succeeded in winning the World Championship together and we want Jenson to be with us."

But despite the statements by both Haug and Fry, the Daily Mail claims that 'an exasperated source close to Button dismissed the comments as 'lip service.'

As a result, reports on Tuesday morning claim the Brit has agreed a deal with McLaren and that it's just a case of signing on the dotted line.

According to the Guardian, Button 'has agreed terms to join McLaren on a ?6m-a-year deal and could sign his formal three-year contract to partner Lewis Hamilton in an all-British line-up within the next few days.

'The Guardian understands that the World Champion has turned his back on Brawn following protracted negotiations and will almost double his salary with the Woking-based team. '

'For Button the prospect of going head-to-head with a close friend and the man regarded by many in the pit lane as possibly the fastest of all will just be part of the challenge of defending his title.'

And although current McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton has said he would welcome Button, the newspaper was quick to point out that McLaren would not have given the 2008 Champ a say in the matter.

'It is unlikely either Hamilton, who earns about ?12m a year at McLaren, or his father Anthony, who has managed the 2008 World Champion since his days as a teenage kart racer, will have been consulted on this beyond the normal deployment of good manners,' claimed the report.

'McLaren have always had the resources and philosophy required to field two fully competitive cars and have always sought the strongest possible driver line-ups they could engage.'

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »

Well, it was expected. An all British McLaren for 2010. Too bad, Kimi is out.
At least a McLaren car will sport the number one next season. ok
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:23:25 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 02:23:49 AM »

Too bad, Kimi is out.

not yet.
MercGP are still to announce their drivers....

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 02:27:11 AM »

Too bad, Kimi is out.

not yet.
MercGP are still to announce their drivers....

I'm not sure he'll opt for that. Mercedes have already stated that they want Rosberg as their primary driver.
Think Kimi will opt for second best? We'll have to see.

Fuck 'Em All.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 02:29:25 AM »

they never said primary.
they said they want nico, but not to be exclusively nr.1...

they need another driver.
looking at what's available out there, and the options on the table, Kimi is their only decent bet, if they wish to win some races next year. Nico is good, but he's not an experienced winner....he'll get a few, but he needs a team mate he can measure up against. Nick is not that.

Kimi is off to Merc.
its his only option right now.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 03:00:26 AM »

It's not just that. There's also the problem of cost. If Brawn were adamant they weren't going to pay Jenson what he wanted,
I don't think they'll make the gaffe of hiring Kimi at a higher salary, which would be an obvious snub to Button. Kimi won't take
such a drastic pay cut either. Hey, but this is F1. Anything can happen.

Fuck 'Em All.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »

well, Kimi and his manager would have clearly seen what is happening money-wise in F1 right now, and if they wish to have their man race, would have advised him to take a slight knock on his demands, as the potential seat is a good one.

They won't pay him what he wants, but they will give him more than what they were offering to Jenson, as Kimi is worth much more.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 04:39:01 AM »

Glock to lead new Manor F1 team

The new Manor Grand Prix team have signed the German Timo Glock as their lead driver for their debut season in Formula 1 in 2010.

Glock, 27, has raced for Toyota for the last two seasons but was on the market after the Japanese company pulled out of F1 at the end of the season.

Glock has agreed to a two-year deal, with the option of another season.

He missed the last three races of the 2009 season following a crash during qualifying for the Japan Grand Prix.

Manor technical director Nick Wirth said he was delighted that Glock had chosen to sign for the team.

"It has always been my recommendation that we have at least one driver with experience of the 2009 cars to help our development programme," he said.

"But to get a driver that has not only achieved podium finishes in 2009 but has such proven talent and the potential to take us forward for many years is very exciting.

"The fact that he has come and seen all aspects of the project before making his decision speaks volumes about what we have achieved so far and we just can't wait to get Timo into the new car once track testing begins next year."

Glock, who revealed that he had several options for the 2010 season, added: "Every driver has the same overall objective - to win the world championship one day - but the way I want to succeed is to be part of the process of building a team and to play a key role in developing the car.

"This is why the opportunity with Manor is so exciting for me. The team may be small and new but it has big ambitions and a very impressive car and development programme.

"I am confident that I can play a big role in terms of my technical input and that's a fantastic opportunity for me and I can't wait to start testing the new car early next year."

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »

Kimi's people are negotiating with Citroen about a possible jump to rally....

It would be truly sad to see Kimi leave F1 while several less talented drivers are still there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »

Here's a nice column about it

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/11/the-problem-for-kimi-raikkonen/?utm_campaign=UA-7628173-1&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 12:38:17 PM »

Kimi's people are negotiating with Citroen about a possible jump to rally....

Ford are also keen to give him a seat. So he's quite well catered for in WRC.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

No Kimi in F1 in 2010.

Sad day for F1.....

/jarmo

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 02:09:21 AM »

Damn. I'm just mystified at the way it's gone for Kimi. From a three year contract with Ferrari for ?34m a year to completely out of F1.
There is some speculation that he could be back in 2011 in a Red Bull Racing car since Mark Webber's contract ends after 2010.
Unfortunately, if (rather when) McLaren sign Button, both Ferrari and McLaren are booked till 2012.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: