Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official SILVERTIDE thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official SILVERTIDE thread  (Read 28647 times)
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »

I got the lady in the water cd with them playing bob dylan covers. Its pretty cool to have if you are a fan.

How many songs do they have on it? I remember getting pretty stoaked when their part in the movie came on and they did the little bit of "maggies farm" and it didnt sound half bad.

i like bands who wanna play real rock n stuff, but i hate ac/dc clones...cause its boring.
AC/DC clones?? ?confused
It Aint Me Baby and Maggies Farm
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

has anybody heard anything about silvertide or their new album? im getting impatient waiting for it!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »

I got the lady in the water cd with them playing bob dylan covers. Its pretty cool to have if you are a fan.

How many songs do they have on it? I remember getting pretty stoaked when their part in the movie came on and they did the little bit of "maggies farm" and it didnt sound half bad.

i like bands who wanna play real rock n stuff, but i hate ac/dc clones...cause its boring.
AC/DC clones?? ?confused
It Aint Me Baby and Maggies Farm

i know nothing about this band and almost nothing about ac dc, but those 2 are dylan songs
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »

has anybody heard anything about silvertide or their new album? im getting impatient waiting for it!!

I was just thinking about this yesterday.  September will mark three years since their debut.  I can't wait to hear their new stuff, whenever it comes out.  I got really spoiled in 2004 as I got their EP and saw them live in May, and then saw them live again and got their full album in September, and then haven't got boo from them since as they haven't come within 800 miles of me. 

Sandman is awesome about reporting to this thread as soon as something happens,  so I just don't think anything is in the works so far. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
sandman
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »

was just talking about them with some friends last night. i have no idea what's going on with them, and have actually been worried lately that maybe they broke up. my cousin knows their lawyer and is gonna give him a call today or next week to see what's up.

all i know is...

- Walt and Brian were celebrity bartenders at a bar in NE philly last week. it's right around the corner from my house, but i was on vacation. i heard (second-hand) that they were talking about the new album and getting back on tour.

- nick perri is lead guitarist for Satellite Party, and performed with them on Jay Leno last week.

- Silvertide's official website hasn't been updated in a year.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
guns_n_motley
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »

they had label troubles apparantly. I HOPE they didnt break up. the singer said on the forums back in March the cd was done but everythings up to the label and they were having disagreements with them. maybe nick perri is just doing it for fun for awhile??

geez, bands go through everything so quick nowadays. back then, it took motley crue at least 10years of drugs/debauchery before breaking up.

nowadays you make 1 cd, break up. and then reunite a couple years later

keep us updated when/if you hear whats up with them ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »

listening to there album again, i can feel a black crowes vibe with them now im accompanied to the black crowes music.

html sucks
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

BAD ASS BAND!! I got hide and tell , but sometimes a little TOO much ac/dc sounding.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »

- nick perri is lead guitarist for Satellite Party, and performed with them on Jay Leno last week.

I recorded this but got cut off right as Nick went into his solo.? ?Angry? ?His Les Paul tone was killer sounding though the first two minutes and it seemed like a cool song.? Really weird seeing Nick dressed head to toe in white though!

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:07 PM »

hasnt he shaved his hair off?

html sucks
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »

hasnt he shaved his hair off?

nope, same old Nick, although his hair isn't as long as it used to be.  It's trimmed about shoulder length. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2007, 07:15:49 PM »

So I got to talk to Nick Perri last night (posted quick review of show in the Satellite Party thread) for the first time in over three years and there's some good and bad news.  I asked how Walt was doing and he said great and that he just talked to him yesterday, so that's definitely a plus that those two are getting along great cause imo they're the heart of Silvertide.  He said that they are still a band and everything but they're just on hiatus and "not making music".  He also said that he just wants to get out and make music every single day so that is why he picked up the Satellite Party gig. 

What an amazing and nice dude though, he's very humble even though I think he's one of the best guitarists out there.   

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
sandman
Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 04:31:33 PM »

WMMR announced today that Silvertide is playing their BBQ on sunday, september 23 at the tweeter in camden.

BUT, nick perri is still on tour with satellite party and they have a date scheduled that night in Vancouver.

I sent out a few e-mails to see if he'll be with the 'Tide that night, or if they are gonna replace him for that show.

Hopefully this is the start of them getting back on track with releasing a new album and touring.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2007, 05:18:13 PM »

nick perri will NOT be playing with Silvertide on the 23rd. it sounds like he is a "former member."

this is really bad news. he is by far the biggest reason i am a fan.

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »

nick perri will NOT be playing with Silvertide on the 23rd. it sounds like he is a "former member."

this is really bad news. he is by far the biggest reason i am a fan.

If he is a former member that really suck . Nick was /is my favorite dude in the band.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »

wtf this sucks.

Yeah I think Nick is pretty much the consensus star of the band, so without him I'd say there's no Silvertide.  Hopefully it is just temporary and the reason he got replaced was cause he was on tour with SP. 

I guess we will find out on the 23rd, as I'd imagine there would have to be some discussion about it onstage.  Anybody heading to the show???

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2007, 11:22:07 PM »

1 man does not a band make

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »

wtf this sucks.

Yeah I think Nick is pretty much the consensus star of the band, so without him I'd say there's no Silvertide.? Hopefully it is just temporary and the reason he got replaced was cause he was on tour with SP.?

I guess we will find out on the 23rd, as I'd imagine there would have to be some discussion about it onstage.? Anybody heading to the show???

there's a small chance i'm gonna check it out. i'm going to the eagles game at 1. if i can get set times and i can make it, i may try to pick up a cheap ticket (depending on what kind of ocndition i'm in, of course  beer).

my cousin talked to Nick directly. he said he was very brief when he spoke to him.

he also talked to one of silvertide's lawyers, and they said silvertide has a "young guy that is phenominal" to replace Nick. they wouldn't confirm if he was a "permanent" member.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »

nick perri played with silvertide at their show in philly last wednesday night (11/21/07).

they launched a new website. www.silvertidelive.com

seems like things are moving along again.  ok

Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »

Something must have unplugged a hole because things are flowing like crazy out of that camp in the past week.  New myspace updates and messages daily (got like 5 in one day), they are doing facebook groups (which I think is a great thing cause I know more people on that than myspace), Walt has a new site up with a couple of his solo demos on, and the new band website.  It's cool to see Brian and Kevin's studio, it looks like the tiniest thing ever.  I know Maggies Farm has been up for a while, but that's one awesome cover on their myspace. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: