Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official SILVERTIDE thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official SILVERTIDE thread  (Read 28642 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »

Silvertide is playing the TLA in Philadelphia on Saturday, February 23. i got my tix and a press pass. i'll do my best to find out their plans for 2008 (if any).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

Anybody have some recent boots of these guys audio or DVD
sandman
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2008, 10:22:24 AM »

i saw silvertide last night at the TLA in philly. and my cousin did an interview with Walt for Philadelphia Magazine.

nick perry was MIA. walt said he's doing session work out in LA - he's creating a film score. so that was a huge disappointment for me. his replacement was very good, but not as good as Nick. but the show was still incredible. they played 2-3 new songs, and all of them sounded great. walt was his usual self running out and singing in the middle of the crowd. it was alot of fun.

walt told my cousin that the new album is finished. but they are having legal issues with the label. once those legal issues are taken care of, the album will be released. (sound familiar?  hihi)

during the show walt didn't say much about the situation, except that he released a solo album to try to raise enough money to be able to release future silvertide albums themselves.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2008, 02:34:59 PM »

http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly_events/2008/02/25/in-case-you-missed-it-silvertide-at-the-fillmore/

In Case You Missed It: Silvertide at the Fillmore

by Rich Rys

The last time we checked in with Silvertide, Northeast Philadelphia?s great rock-and-roll hope, it was 2002, they?d just signed with Clive Davis?s J Records and were bidding their hometown goodbye at South Street?s Theater of Living Arts, where most of the band members weren?t old enough to drink. Much has changed since then ? the TLA is now the refurbished Fillmore, and backstage before their show on Saturday, singer Walt Lafty (pictured at Saturday?s soundcheck) exuded a sense of been-here, done-this calm as he chain-smoked on a couch. Then he stretched out his long legs, and his knees crunched like Rice Krispies in a bowl of milk. ?Did you hear that?? he moans. ?That?s what I get for jumping off amp stacks every night.?

Four years on the road (and marriage to his high school sweetheart) has brought some maturity, but Lafty hasn?t lost a drop of his high-energy stage presence. Swilling from a complimentary bottle of champagne and prowling the stage later that night, Lafty led his bandmates through a rousing set that, like his crackling joints, showed a band in the midst of some growing pains.

Lafty?s high-energy partner in crime, guitarist Nick Perri, was in Los Angeles scoring an indie film, and his electric solos were missed. Lafty also wasn?t shy about giving the eager crowd an update on the band?s completed but unreleased new record, which is stuck in a legal tug-of-war with their label. As a result, the set was light on new material, which was a shame, considering the promise of ?What Are You Made Of?? ? Lafty?s been soaking up a lot of Radiohead lately, and it shows in both his vocals, now unafraid to dance with falsetto, and the song?s atmospheric guitar work.

Standards like ?Mary Jane? and ?California Rain? sounded road-honed and tight, and ?Ain?t Coming Home? made for an ironic finale. Six years ago, that song was a bittersweet farewell to their hometown fans. Now they?re back, stuck here, waiting for the business of music to work itself out so they can get on the road and take the next step in their career, creaky knees and all.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/silvertide

is beware a new song?

html sucks
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »

Nope, it was on the Mary Jane single as a B-side.  I like it better than a few on the album.  There are a bunch of songs that aren't on the album but are up on limewire.

Beware
Show and Tell
Things are going to change
Dragonfly
Adult Child
She Looked Away
   plus alternate versions of Heartstrong and Nothing Stays with cooler guitar fills that should have been on the album

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing for now, if anyone knows anymore add to the list.

Has anyone else picked up Walt's new solo cd?  I got it about a month ago and like it.  You kind of have to be in the mood to sit down to a solo acoustic album but he's got a lot of great stuff in it!

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2008, 08:57:17 PM »

Oh, I forgot Maggie's Farm as well.  Does anyone know where I can get that song???  I've been looking for it but can't find/buy it anywhere.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
guns_n_motley
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »

wasnt sure where to post this....theres no shinedown thread...but its relevant to silvertide because Shinedowns lost 2 members and Nick perri is the new shinedown guitarist...I Dont know what this means for silvertide though??? are they finished??

Shinedown Update from Brent

Hi everyone.

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to reach out to all of the Shinedown fans myself and let you know what's going on firsthand. We just heard about Jasin's recent troubles in Jacksonville, and our thoughts and prayers are with him. A lot has happened this past year and there have been some changes within the band that we've been meaning to tell you about. I love Jasin like a brother, we all do - he'll always be family and we hope all of the best for him, but, at this time, he's no longer with us in Shinedown. This all went down awhile ago, and I'm sorry to break this news today. I realize that this isn't the best timing, but with stuff like this, there really isn't ever a good time. We just felt like we couldn't wait any longer and had to let you all know. We've brought an old friend into SD - Nick Perri. Nick's an amazing guitarist and we've known him forever from our days on the road with Silvertide (many of you were probably at those shows and remember him too). We also have a new bass player - Eric Bass. Just a fantastic musician and all around great guy - we can't wait for you to meet him. And you will very soon - we're hitting the road next month. I'm also happy to report that the new album is finished and we're so excited to share it with all of you. Its called The Sound Of Madness and will be out this summer. Please stay tuned to the website and radio stations out there... the first song is coming soon. Lastly, I just want to thank you again for all of your support. You're the best fans in the world and the reason we're even here. Without you, there is no Shinedown. Don't ever forget that - we definitely don't.

Brent

So this is the new line up
Brent Smith - Vocals
Barry Kerch - Drums
Zach - Guitar
Nick Perri - Guitar
Eric - Bass
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2008, 07:06:13 AM »

what a stupid move to join that band!

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2008, 12:43:52 AM »

shinedown had bigger hits than silvertide, and its seemed for awhile that he's on the outs with silvertide

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2008, 01:43:52 AM »

I wonder if SD will get some more solos now? Their singer OWNS!  beer
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2008, 06:01:01 AM »

awww but nick goes so well with silvertide Sad

html sucks
guns_n_motley
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »

press release from silvertide....says you can email them on inquiries about it...someone should ask if nick perri is still with silvertide

To all of our Fans and Friends,
Due to ongoing legal issues and a stalemate with Silvertide's 2nd record beyond our control, Nick has joined forces with Shinedown. As many of you know Silvertide and Shinedown have toured for over 9 months and have remained close friends and so we fully endorse Nick's decision and We hope that you will too. We wanted to reassure all of you that Silvertide will continue to play shows and record music.

Thanks for your patience, support and friendship,
-Silvertide

Any questions, inquires, clarifications and interviews on this or any other matter should be directed to the following email address:

Fans@silvertidelive.com

Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »

Nope, it was on the Mary Jane single as a B-side.  I like it better than a few on the album.  There are a bunch of songs that aren't on the album but are up on limewire.

Beware
Show and Tell
Things are going to change
Dragonfly
Adult Child
She Looked Away
   plus alternate versions of Heartstrong and Nothing Stays with cooler guitar fills that should have been on the album

I'm sure there are more that I'm missing for now, if anyone knows anymore add to the list.

Has anyone else picked up Walt's new solo cd?  I got it about a month ago and like it.  You kind of have to be in the mood to sit down to a solo acoustic album but he's got a lot of great stuff in it!

Beware was also on their original EP, American Exess. Adult Child used to be on their Myspace. The others I'm not sure of availability other than P2Ps, which I honestly don't know anything about.

I finally got around to getting Walt's new CD, it is great - Beautiful Mistake and Slow Down are my favorites after one listen.

Oh, I forgot Maggie's Farm as well.  Does anyone know where I can get that song???  I've been looking for it but can't find/buy it anywhere.

Maggie's Farm is a Bob Dylan cover, it, and another Dylan cover, It Ain't Me Babe, are on the Lady in the Water soundtrack. They band is also in the movie.

press release from silvertide....says you can email them on inquiries about it...someone should ask if nick perri is still with silvertide

To all of our Fans and Friends,
Due to ongoing legal issues and a stalemate with Silvertide's 2nd record beyond our control, Nick has joined forces with Shinedown. As many of you know Silvertide and Shinedown have toured for over 9 months and have remained close friends and so we fully endorse Nick's decision and We hope that you will too. We wanted to reassure all of you that Silvertide will continue to play shows and record music.

Thanks for your patience, support and friendship,
-Silvertide

Any questions, inquires, clarifications and interviews on this or any other matter should be directed to the following email address:

Fans@silvertidelive.com

Wouldn't it be awesome if a certain other band made releases like this when lead guitarists joined other big bands?  hihi

In any event, I'm really sad to lose him (and the fact that Silvertide is becoming a mini-GNR is the worst way possible - numerous legal troubles and a long delayed album)... however, I also quite enjoy Shinedown and this is going to make them THAT much better.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 06:48:42 PM by Negleyjj » Logged
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:13 PM »

hey, does anyone have those 2 new demos silvertide posted on their myspace? "without you" and "drama queen." i'd appreciate it if someone could send them to me, thanks!!

ps: also, has anyone heard if/when this new album is comin out??

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »

I heard Silvertide broke up Huh SOMEONE TELL ME IT AINT TRUE Cry

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »

I heard Silvertide broke up Huh SOMEONE TELL ME IT AINT TRUE Cry

read the thread, they aren't broken up

sandman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »

i spoke to some friends recently that saw Silvertide perform the night before Thanksgiving. said the show was awesome as always. but still no word on any potential album release. their hands must really be tied by the record label.

i also heard that nick perri is leaving shinedown but has no plans to go back to silvertide. i'm not even sure that would be an option for him at this point. but he wants to do his own thing.

it's a shame. this band had so much potential. there are far less talented bands out there doing well.

Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2008, 10:42:37 PM »

i hope he doesnt leave shinedown

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

i hope he doesnt leave shinedown

Saw Shinedown open for Buckcherry a few months ago, Nick was highlight of the entire gig...hands down - and I am by no means a fan of his current band.

Haven't heard about him leaving Shinedown but it wouldn't surprise me, he's destined for bigger things I suspect

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: