Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 117129 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #500 on: August 30, 2008, 09:51:27 AM »

So the new single's here, personally i think it's the best they've done for a long time.....

Oasis - The Shock Of The Lightning

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hfz4_oasis-the-shock-of-the-lightning_music

Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2008, 09:59:19 AM »

Also the album version of "Falling Down" is now on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPad-nZqFmw
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #502 on: August 30, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »

These new tracks remind me of the strangeness found on Standing On The Shoulders of giants, except with rave beats.

I prefer these new tracks over the last albums material, which i hated.

BUT i miss the cool crunchy guitar riffs that youd get in old oasis.

The singles music is pretty boring but liams voice makes the song cool.

Glad Noel has ditched the fake american singing accent he picked up on the last album also.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #503 on: August 30, 2008, 06:20:41 PM »

Noel cant sing - he should stick with the guitar, cant stand anything he's sung on

Leave in to Liam

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »

Noel cant sing - he should stick with the guitar, cant stand anything he's sung on

Leave in to Liam
Didnt you like Little By Little, i think thats a great Noel track  Smiley

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2008, 08:05:51 PM »

just saw the new vid on TV.

Its fucking tripped out!

html sucks
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #506 on: September 01, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

saw them live a few days ago.  definitely one of the best shows ive ever seen.  awesome new songs, and liam and noel were both awesome!  and noel has a great voice, all his songs kick ass!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »

I dont really like the new songs that much. As a fan, they are ok, but Oasis proves, once again, they have definitely lost their edge - and what's worse - it doesnt seem like they'll get it back anytime soon.

In every single album since "BHN" I've heard the same reviews/comments by fans and or even band members themselves. Things like "This is the best album we've done in the past decade", "This is the best album since Whats the Story" "We are going to kick your ass..." but then, the album just doesnt live up to the expectations.

Oasis last two studio albums, HC and DBTT are simply put, shit. I did enjoy some of the songs from DBTT but that was it. I was not overall impressed like I was with their first three albums. Even BHN is a thousand times better than their last two efforts.

Well, at least I got to see them live when they were unstoppable in 1997.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »

i never get the dislike for BHN, i think i like that more than Whats the story.

html sucks
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #509 on: September 02, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »

i never get the dislike for BHN, i think i like that more than Whats the story.
me neither, i love BHN and wish they would include some songs in their setlist from that album.  also i think every album is terrific except for some songs on DBTT.  Heathen chemistry is a kickass album!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #510 on: September 08, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/08/oasis-guitarist-attacked-onstage-at-torontos-virgin-festival/

check it out....some dumbass pushed Noel down onstage in Toronto.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #511 on: September 08, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/145336-oasis-update-noel-hospitalized-assailant-arrested

Okay, we admit it. Upon first viewing the YouTube clip of Noel Gallagher getting knocked on his ass by an unnamed assailant during last night's Oasis set at the Virgin Festival, we LOL'd. Kind of a lot. Perhaps we even felt a smidgen of schadenfreude, too. But it would seem those reactions were a bit premature. According to a message just posted to their website, Oasis are taking the matter very seriously.

In addition to providing perspective on what happened, the Oasis statement reveals a couple significant details surrounding the incident: 1. Although Noel Gallagher returned to perform after getting knocked over, he was taken to a hospital following the show and examined for "a suspected fractured rib and ligament damage," and 2. The assailant was detained by police and "will be charged with assault."

UPDATE: According to the Toronto Star, the attacker is 47-year-old Daniel Sullivan.

What's more, presumably due to Noel's injuries, it's not clear yet whether Oasis will perform as scheduled in London, Ontario tomorrow night (September 9).

Here's that statement in full:

Oasis' Noel Gallagher was attacked by an unidentified man during the band's show in Toronto last night. While Noel and the band were performing "Morning Glory", the assailant ran on from the back of the stage and pushed Noel from behind, who fell heavily on to his monitor speakers.

Despite his injuries, Noel returned to the stage a few minutes later to complete the band's set but was taken to hospital after the show to be examined for a suspected fractured rib and ligament damage. The assailant was detained in police custody and will be charged with assault.

No decision has been made regarding Tuesday's concert in London, Ontario, but fans are urged to keep checking the band's web site Oasisinet.com and local media for updates.

As if all that weren't bad enough, NME.com reports that former Jam frontman Paul Weller was rumored to appear with Oasis at Virgin Festival to play his part in "Champagne Supernova", but that the assault incident dashed those plans.

Pitchfork also talked to Matt Bowman, frontman for UK press darlings and fellow Virgin Festival performers the Pigeon Detectives, who claims he was "just bang in front of Noel" when the attacker came at the elder Gallagher.

"It looked like [Noel] was in quite a lot of pain," according to Bowman. "It was pretty shit-cheap shot-- just from the back, and Noel didn't expect it coming. It certainly wiped him out."

Bowman described himself and his bandmates as being "literally dumbstruck" by the proceedings. "I mean, we had never seen anything like it...it put quite a damper on the mood."

Bowman also shared a rare Pigeon Detectives B-side with us. It's called "Get the Message" and it's available for download below.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »

this is unbelievable.  just saw them a few days ago and i could never imagine something like this happening.  security seems to be a joke nowadays, and especially at a festival you would think that they would step up the security.  i hope noel recovers fast and they take every penny from that coward as he rots in jail.  things like this really piss me off.  oasis barely tour canada and now something like this happens.  saddens me too at the same time.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »

I'm not a huge Oasis fan, but what kind of retard goes to a show and then does something like that.

Fucking stupid.  I hope they throw the book at him.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2008, 09:12:53 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8bUiZv4XI&feature=related

what a dick, this guy should be thrown in jail.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:20:39 AM by **** » Logged

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »

^ Agreed, an absolute prick.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2008, 02:19:28 PM »

This is why fesivals suck they attract pricks and the secuirty is lame !
Remeber when GN'R did Download in 2006 ?  Angry

Did you see liam go afther the 47 year old douche bag ?   rofl

Thanks Giant Robot...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »

If he had a knife we'd be talking about the late Noel Gallagher - what the hell were security doing??

Well done Noel for finishing the set with broken ribs - Axl would have gone home if someone had even looked at him

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GeraldFord
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »

Cool. I like pretty much everything they have done. Looking forward to this one.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »

If he had a knife we'd be talking about the late Noel Gallagher - what the hell were security doing??

Well done Noel for finishing the set with broken ribs

yeah kind of a scary thought. Id be equally pissed at security if I were Oasis

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: