Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 117122 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

'Whatever' is a glaring omission from this 'best of'.? Not on any albums, not sure if the single's available still (I got it a few years ago so maybe).? That's probably the first Oasis song I got into.

Yeah, Whatever is still available. Someone stole my original copy so I had to buy a new one last year.? I agree that it is a glaring omission along with all of the BHN singles, especially DYKWIM. I don't understand why they didn't includethose songs because they certainly could have fit them on 2 discs.

Hilarious that the later albums feature so heavily, because lest face it 'songbird' is everyones fav Oasis track nervous

What are you talking about? 14 of the 18 tracks are from the DM/WTSMG era.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

the record company released this, not Oasis.? therefore im not buyin, Oasis really didnt want a greatest hits, dunno if some of you have or have not heard that story.? because they were at the end of their contract with their previous record deal.

That is true - but they were still able to choose the tracklisting.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #442 on: November 21, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »

the record company released this, not Oasis.  therefore im not buyin, Oasis really didnt want a greatest hits, dunno if some of you have or have not heard that story.  because they were at the end of their contract with their previous record deal.

At first they didn't want to release a greatest hits but now they are promoting the hell out of it. Noel has been making appearances everywhere and has done a bunch of solo acoustic shows, which I already have recordings of some and as always they are amazing.

If you're an Oasis fan go out and buy the album to support them.  You get the EP for free when you buy it at Best Buy and you can't beat that. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #443 on: November 21, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »

i think noel knows, that this isn't the best list but u gotta go threw the usual promo, u will hear a proper best of cd, when either liam and noel are dead.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:23 AM »

i think noel knows, that this isn't the best list but u gotta go threw the usual promo, u will hear a proper best of cd, when either liam and noel are dead.

Noel chose the tracks for this!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #445 on: November 22, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »

If you're an Oasis fan go out and buy the album to support them.? You get the EP for free when you buy it at Best Buy and you can't beat that.?
Huh

Support them?

U might as well have written - 'buy songs u already have to give them more money'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #446 on: November 22, 2006, 07:36:40 PM »

If you're an Oasis fan go out and buy the album to support them.  You get the EP for free when you buy it at Best Buy and you can't beat that. 
Huh

Support them?

U might as well have written - 'buy songs u already have to give them more money'

You get the EP for free if you buy it at Best Buy and you'll have better sounding tracks on this album then you did 10 or 12 years ago for DM and WTSMG.... to me that's worth it.  If it isn't to you then don't buy it.  People aren't going to buy it if they don't want to but my point was it doesn't make sense to not buy the album that you would otherwise buy, just because you think Oasis don't want it out.  I bought GN'R's greatest hits and I had all of those songs, so why is this different??  It's not and I get a free EP with a couple new versions of a few songs on it.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:39:33 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #447 on: November 22, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »

i think i'm the all-time number 1 fan of oasis...i've had books, imports, bootlegs, magazine cover collections, you name it.  at this point i am not planning to buy their new greatest hits, just cuz i'm not all that impressed with the track listing (like many fans).  but i do see the point of buying such a collection just to show support for your favorite unibrow brothers or whatever band you're really into.  it goes beyond giving them your $.  it's about showing you still appreciate them.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #448 on: November 23, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »

i think i'm the all-time number 1 fan of oasis...i've had books, imports, bootlegs, magazine cover collections, you name it.  at this point i am not planning to buy their new greatest hits, just cuz i'm not all that impressed with the track listing (like many fans).  but i do see the point of buying such a collection just to show support for your favorite unibrow brothers or whatever band you're really into.  it goes beyond giving them your $.  it's about showing you still appreciate them.

Well I guess I'm the number one fan of all-time now because I bought Stop the Clocks yesterday.  I paid $9.99 for it at Best Buy and got the EP for free.  10 dollars for 3 CD's is a great fucking deal and for that price I can't believe more people won't buy it. 

Oh and I was joking about the "Number one fan of all-time" shit.  I'm a big fan of this band and have been for over 10 years but to SERIOUSLY make a claim like that is really childish and rather silly.  THERE IS NO such thing as a number one fan as far as I'm concerned and that goes for any band.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #449 on: November 23, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »

I'm no Oasis fan. I mean, I like them.

But I'm no Oasis fan by virtue of the fact that I don't have enough albums.

Anyway. Noel's interview in this months Big Issue did make me laugh,

"Liam has two problems. Everything he fucking says, and everything he fucking does."

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #450 on: November 27, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

Noel Gallagher and Gem of Oasis will be performing an intimate semi-acoustic show to celebrate the release of Oasis Stop the Clocks best of album at Le Cabaret Sauvage Parc de la Villette, Paris on Tuesday November 28. This very special performance which first delighted fans and critics alike at Londons KoKo Club earlier this month, will be broadcast live on MSN from 10.00pm CET.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #451 on: November 27, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »

Noel Gallagher and Gem of Oasis will be performing an intimate semi-acoustic show to celebrate the release of Oasis Stop the Clocks best of album at Le Cabaret Sauvage Parc de la Villette, Paris on Tuesday November 28. This very special performance which first delighted fans and critics alike at Londons KoKo Club earlier this month, will be broadcast live on MSN from 10.00pm CET.

cool will be like oasis unplugged!

html sucks
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2006, 12:50:26 AM »

Mrlee if you're an Oasis fan I have a few shows Noel has done this month already with just him and Gem.  They are all acoustic if I remember correctly.  Because you are one of my best friends on here  Wink  PM me and I'll hook you up with a link.  I'm not being a dick or fucking with you either, I really will.  It's the season of giving and loving...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2006, 03:19:25 AM »

Mrlee if you're an Oasis fan I have a few shows Noel has done this month already with just him and Gem.? They are all acoustic if I remember correctly.? Because you are one of my best friends on here? Wink? PM me and I'll hook you up with a link.? I'm not being a dick or fucking with you either, I really will.? It's the season of giving and loving...

Classic sign of a band breaking up - the solo shows, the greatest hits, the run of ever worsening albums

Who bets we see a Noel Gallagher album out next year?

Probably as well if Oasis go their seperate way now, they lost what made them great

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2006, 03:50:13 AM »

I don't think they are breaking up. The greatest hits was a decision made by the record company. Noel didn't want to do it but only got behind it so the fans wouldn't suffer because it was coming whether he liked it or not.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2006, 01:45:39 PM »

They aren't breaking up and won't for awhile.  We won't see a NG solo album for a long time yet.  The last album was well received and loved by a lot of people and I thought was great.  So I don't understand how they have "lost" anything??  Just because Izzy thinks that doesn't make it so and we will continue to see some great Oasis albums in the future.  I can't fucking wait and I'm glad they have a lot of time left in them.  I can only feel sorry for those that don't feel the same way... sucks to be them I guess.  ok

EDIT:  People that have been fans of Oasis for a long time know that a Noel solo show isn't a sign of anything.  It's happened 50 times and will happen 50 more.  Hardcore fans love to see Noel do a solo show anyway, especially acoustic, so more power to them.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 01:47:51 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

hasnt noel already announced he plans on going solo?

html sucks
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »

Mrlee if you're an Oasis fan I have a few shows Noel has done this month already with just him and Gem.  They are all acoustic if I remember correctly.  Because you are one of my best friends on here  Wink  PM me and I'll hook you up with a link.  I'm not being a dick or fucking with you either, I really will.  It's the season of giving and loving...

hook me up with them man i love oasis!

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »

hasnt noel already announced he plans on going solo?

Noel said years ago that it would be inevitable for him to put out a solo album.  Will it be soon though??  Not before the next Oasis album which could be out in 2007 but more likely 2008.  Noel says he has a ton of songs that aren't Oasis songs and I would fully support the idea of Noel doing something solo.  I'm a huge fan of Noel and the genius behind him and would love to get an oppurtunity to see him play solo in a more intimate setting than an Oasis show with 15,000 fans. 

Anything could happen though and the plans for Oasis change quite frequently.  When they say one thing... usually another happens.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #459 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »

New album in the works?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/01/04/liam-gallagher-likes-fancy-bonnaroo-to-own-own-home-joel-madden-swears-he-owns-guns/
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: