Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 117125 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »

Thanks for posting that... it sounds promising. I'm a huge Oasis fan and like all of the albums but if they actually try to go in a different direction a little bit... I'm all for it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

Thanks for posting that... it sounds promising. I'm a huge Oasis fan and like all of the albums but if they actually try to go in a different direction a little bit... I'm all for it.

errr..how much further can they go from their roots? They have already moved from away from their punk and guitar roots - they gonna get some synths in and try and copy Duran Duran? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #462 on: January 05, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »

three letters:

zzz

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2007, 07:44:27 PM »

errr..how much further can they go from their roots? They have already moved from away from their punk and guitar roots - they gonna get some synths in and try and copy Duran Duran? hihi

Sad to say, but it might help.  Look at the resurgeance Duran Duran had when they went pseudo-adult contemporary and brought in a string section.  Me, I stopped listening after "Be Here Now."  I'd love to see them return to form, but I'm skeptical...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2007, 03:45:53 PM »

Sad to say, but it might help.? Look at the resurgeance Duran Duran had when they went pseudo-adult contemporary and brought in a string section.? Me, I stopped listening after "Be Here Now."? I'd love to see them return to form, but I'm skeptical...

dont blame you  -though standing on the shoulders of giants is a great listen, but i wont deny i really didnt like it for a long time - after that, hell - its not even worth considering

Quick! To the bandwagon!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »

Sad to say, but it might help.? Look at the resurgeance Duran Duran had when they went pseudo-adult contemporary and brought in a string section.? Me, I stopped listening after "Be Here Now."? I'd love to see them return to form, but I'm skeptical...

dont blame you? -though standing on the shoulders of giants is a great listen, but i wont deny i really didnt like it for a long time - after that, hell - its not even worth considering

Giants is probably my least favorite.  Again, I really love the first three, but after that...not so much.  "Don't Believe the Truth" showed me that the band still had a lot of potential and could be just as relevant, but they still have a way to go, in my opinion.  I hope they find their "voice" again on the new studio album...I'd love to have them back as a rock and roll force to be reckoned with, and I mean that in the best possible way.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2007, 11:58:27 AM »

I really think all the albums have their moments, Go let it out is great, so is litttle by little, the hindu times I think is awsome and don't believe the truth is a good album. It's not Physical Grafitti or Dark side of the moon but it ain't bullshit either

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #467 on: January 08, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »

Good move. Oasis? problem has always been their inability to really let loose and indulge themselves a bit.

Be here now, was completely moaned about in the press for being over indulgent.

anyhow, i think DBTT sucks ass big time, i have no idea how they went so shit in the matter of a few years.

i think all there albums are good right up until that crappy attempt at modern indie came out.

html sucks
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #468 on: January 08, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »

Really like DBTT. Standing on the shoulders was aweful but all other Oasis albums have been 7 out of 10 or more

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #469 on: January 08, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »

having just listened to shoulders of giants, i think its really good, i liked the change in direction, i liked the stoner influence that was input into the album, i just felt it was a good change.

html sucks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #470 on: January 09, 2007, 08:55:35 AM »

Good move. Oasis? problem has always been their inability to really let loose and indulge themselves a bit.

Indeed

Personally - i think its time Oasis called it a day.

Dont believe the truth is just so awful i dont think they have anything left to offer as a band

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #471 on: January 09, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »

Indeed

Personally - i think its time Oasis called it a day.

Dont believe the truth is just so awful i dont think they have anything left to offer as a band

yeah, personally i always wondered why they never built upon there style created on standing on the shoulders of giants.

i hated dont believe the truth also.

personally id like to hear noel do a solo album before they did go onto to do a new album. And liam needs a rest, he looked burnt out recently and his voice has really worn.

html sucks
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #472 on: January 09, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »

how can u say give up? it ain't dead till it's buried! and besides wheres the next generation of brit rock bands to replace them, and don't even mention the artic monkeys and any other indie disco shit that will phase out within a year!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2007, 08:05:53 PM »

how can u say give up? it ain't dead till it's buried! and besides wheres the next generation of brit rock bands to replace them, and don't even mention the artic monkeys and any other indie disco shit that will phase out within a year!

i hate those bands just as much as you do, but oasis need  to continue to make good material if they wanna rank up high , i suppose in legend status, everyone can love DBTT because the magazine says so, but will it live out and have the impact there older albums have? nope.

html sucks
grendoood
Banned
Opening Act

Caught on film doing a mick jagger :( xx

« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2007, 02:25:18 PM »

mate they're already legends, they've sold 60 million albums and done it all. Im actually quite surprised to hear noel saying he wants to do a "fucking colossal album" hopefully he'll achieve what he wanted to achieve on be here now without being coked up, but still Be Here Now > life itself

no feeling no feeling no feeling for anybody else except for myself my beautiful self
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

maybe there following the concept route for the album, HOPE NOT!!!!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
grendoood
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »

Oasis' Noel Gallagher is hoping to pull out all the stops when the band head into the studio to record their seventh studio LP later this year.

According to NME, the guitarist and chief songwriter is thinking big for the follow-up to 2005's huge-selling sixth LP, Dont Believe The Truth.

He told the weekly rock magazine: "All the tunes I've written recently have been on the kind of acoustic side, you know? But for the next record I really fancy doing a record where we just completely throw the kitchen sink at it.

"We havent done that since Be Here Now (the bands third LP). I'd like to get, like, a 100-piece orchestra and choirs and all that stuff.

"I think since Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants (the bands fourth LP) weve been trying to prove a point of just bass, drums, guitar and vocals nothing fancy. But I kind of like fancy! I'd like to make an absolutely colossal album.

And the Burnage rocker already has some songs in mind for the as-yet-untitled release.

Stop The Clocks

'Stop The Clocks' will eventually appear, then theres another one call 'I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine'.

It's about buying records, and I said to boys in Kasabian out in Ibiza, its kind of like a Champagne Supernova thing.

Noel also confirmed that just like on the previous release, the rest of the band will also contribute.

"Andy (Bell) and Liam (Gallagher) are writing stuff now, Im not sure what Andys songs are like, but Liams are kind of very Beatle-esque".

Apparently, one of Liams tracks has caught Noels ear in particular.

"'Boy With The Blues' could be as big or small as you want it to be. It could be like a gospel track or something".

Liam does gospel, now theres something to look forward to...

no feeling no feeling no feeling for anybody else except for myself my beautiful self
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2007, 03:35:11 PM »

Oasis' Noel Gallagher is hoping to pull out all the stops when the band head into the studio to record their seventh studio LP later this year.

According to NME, the guitarist and chief songwriter is thinking big for the follow-up to 2005's huge-selling sixth LP, Dont Believe The Truth.

He told the weekly rock magazine: "All the tunes I've written recently have been on the kind of acoustic side, you know? But for the next record I really fancy doing a record where we just completely throw the kitchen sink at it.

"We havent done that since Be Here Now (the bands third LP). I'd like to get, like, a 100-piece orchestra and choirs and all that stuff.

"I think since Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants (the bands fourth LP) weve been trying to prove a point of just bass, drums, guitar and vocals nothing fancy. But I kind of like fancy! I'd like to make an absolutely colossal album.

And the Burnage rocker already has some songs in mind for the as-yet-untitled release.

Stop The Clocks

'Stop The Clocks' will eventually appear, then theres another one call 'I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine'.

It's about buying records, and I said to boys in Kasabian out in Ibiza, its kind of like a Champagne Supernova thing.

Noel also confirmed that just like on the previous release, the rest of the band will also contribute.

"Andy (Bell) and Liam (Gallagher) are writing stuff now, Im not sure what Andys songs are like, but Liams are kind of very Beatle-esque".

Apparently, one of Liams tracks has caught Noels ear in particular.

"'Boy With The Blues' could be as big or small as you want it to be. It could be like a gospel track or something".

Liam does gospel, now theres something to look forward to...
Didn't  Jarmo ban you?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
grendoood
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

no I was coked off me tits, and made a smooth swift exit. Im alright now though, cheers for asking xx.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #479 on: April 07, 2007, 08:29:47 PM »

So apparently there'll be an EP out later this year and a new album in 2008. Theres rumors of the band playing at Live Earth.

Does anyone know of any other touring plans for this year?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: