Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:00:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 50025 times)
awk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »

I'm jealous wish I lived a little closer but I'm in south jersey so guess I'll wait til sunday
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »

Your thread gave me an idea. So I called the only independant record store here in Vegas, and they have it. I went and got it. I now own Chinese Democracy Smiley

Glad I could help! Vintage is the only independant store by me too. It's a shame most people gotta get their music from walmart but dems da breaks. Enjoy the album. I've been listening to it nonstop. Feels great to finally have it in your hands don't it?

Like nothing else. I wasn't going to listen on Myspace tonight either, because I wanted it in my hands. Thanks again for giving me the idea   ok ok

Axl is God.
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »

Got mine today in Hobart, Australia so if we have it everyone should! lol

Do you know where the f**k you are?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:23 AM »

hmmm Vintage has it already?  I think I will take a car ride over there tomorrow....thanks dude...
waxlrick
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 02:25:32 AM »

I have it too. First at JB Hi Fi Loganholme Brisbane.

Maybe the first in Australia!!!

So long...and now I have it! Whoo Hoo! Or as Axl would say "Yeeeahh"
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 02:26:24 AM »

Its on sale in a bunch of places in Aus, I got it this morning.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 03:26:59 AM »

I work in a record store here in Belgium.  We're under strict orders not to sell it until tomorrow (Friday 21st).

I just took my copy home though  Grin

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 04:02:35 AM »

Picked up a copy today.
Pretty awesome. It was weird, it was just sitting there next to Appetite, the Illusions etc. without any posters, any promotion or anything. I swear, over here in Aus, if I didn't come on this site, I'd have no idea it was out or coming out. I haven't heard anything on the radio, haven't seen any posters or anything. Pretty poor considering what the album is.
Anyway, it's been fantastic listening to the thing, and going through the booklet. Pretty surreal to actually have it.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 04:04:34 AM »

Here is my receipt from my purchase today the 20th of November, I thought it was amusing that at the bottom of the receipt they are advertising "Guns n Roses New Album Out 22 NOV" I guess we got lucky!

I found this amusing, hope some of you do aswell!

beer

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 04:06:59 AM »

You should have gone to JB Hi Fi, I got it for $18  Wink
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 04:26:22 AM »

You should have gone to JB Hi Fi, I got it for $18  Wink
Went straight from JB Hi-Fi said they would not have it out till Saturday morning, even ask about late Friday night, was told they were under strict instructions to not put it out early.

Anyway for $7 who cares it's Chinese Democracy, would have paid double if I had too, now just gotta wait for my UK orders and SHM disc from Japan.  ok

Edit: that's one problem living in a regional area the JB Hi-fi staff are even worse than the city stores they have no idea!
They probably got instructions to release it but that instruction would still be sitting on the managers desk most probably  rofl

beer
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:31:52 AM by Blackrose » Logged

GOLD RUSH
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 04:52:07 AM »

Crazy crazy feeling!! Bought it today at JB HIFI over here in Perth Western Australia  beer Bought 4 copies  and ordered the vinyl too. Just been listening to it non stop all afternoon, love it  Grin Amaaaaaazing, sorry bit lost for words at the moment  peace
tool719
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 07:00:23 AM »

anyone from long island know of any independent stores like this? really need this album now!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 09:04:55 AM »

Just got mine hear in the Netherlands!  Cool The clerk took some talking round but I won out.

And to think I almost caved in and listened to the myspace stuff this morning!

First thoughts on holding it in my hands: Wow, I'm never gonna wonder "When the fuck is Chinese Democracy gonna come out" ever again.  hihi

And there goes the challenger...
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »

Hey all.

I was wondering if any canadian members purchased the album yet.  Im at work now but im heading over to Future Shop and Walmart on my lunch.  Im also heading to a little music store in town as well..

Thanks
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

I live a little outside Toronto.  I'm going to try a small record shop while I'm out and about today and try a friend who works at Sunrise, but if they don't work out I'll just wait until Sunday.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »

anyone from long island know of any independent stores like this? really need this album now!!

I am...was just thinking about calling a few places. I'll PM you if I find any that have it (maybe you can do the same for me if you find one that carries it)  beer

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 10:56:35 AM »

For anyone on Long Island...

High Fidelity Records & CDs will have it later this afternoon (what the guy on the phone said). They're located in Amityville in the Amity Mall Shopping Center (aparently under construction and currently without a sign  hihi ... but they've got CD so who cares)!!!

Go out and get it my friends!!!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »

Hey all.

I was wondering if any canadian members purchased the album yet.  Im at work now but im heading over to Future Shop and Walmart on my lunch.  Im also heading to a little music store in town as well..

Thanks
Futurshop will not sell it early.  A year ago they put out a CD early before release date I brought it to the till and the computer would not let her sell it to me.  Go to a indie store I would say that is you best bet. 
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »

I also preordered from Canada Best Buy,  should be here son i guess.    im sure i can wait another couple days.    

I would love the Vinyl but i dont think i can get in Canada,  or can i???       Ebay i guess eh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: