Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why are we being censored? enough beating around the bush, I want answers
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why are we being censored? enough beating around the bush, I want answers  (Read 7167 times)
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« on: October 23, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »

I have only recently joined this forum and I noticed a huge degree of censorship here... these are from the pinned boards'

"(the Ad)

... you saw will get pulled.

Somebody jumped the gun and that's why I removed the thread.

Thanks for understanding.

/jarmo
"

I dont understand why the hell can't we talk about it or even share a youtube link about it when its plastered all over the internet anyways.

And

"Please do not post the links to that recent article.

Thanks.

/jarmo
"

^Talking about the most recent Rolling Stone article that had lots of juicy tid bits about Chinese Democracy.

This is even more rediculas.

What is the deal with all the censorship here.? Every time I watch a movie on TV and they beep out the swear words, I feel ripped off and now a forum that is supposed to be the leader in news, discussion and events to do with Guns N' Roses is trying to cover things up and limit what its members can discuss on the forum.? We all know what happened, what was said and we all saw what is trying to be covered up.?

If this is a discussion board where members views and opinions are welcomed, I wanna know EXACTY why we're being told to Shut-up!

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

Because Jarmo says so! hihi

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »

If this is a discussion board where members views and opinions are welcomed, I wanna know EXACTY why we're being told to Shut-up!

AR

You don't need to know why, you need to decide whether it's worth putting up with the censorship. Because, whether the answer is yes or no, once you've made that decision the "why" is irrelevant. 
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »

I'll just chime in and say, if you don't like it, go to a different site because bitching about it here isn't going to help. ?I've been coming to this site for my GNR news for well over 5 years and while i'm sure i'll still check in occasionally I disagree strongly with the way jarmo has run this site in recent weeks and so i'll just go elsewhere. ?in my dreams enough people would do the same so that he gets the message but I will be the first to admit that it's his site and he has every right to run it however he wants. ?see ya on the other side.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:25:45 PM »

There are 10 more Tuesdays until the end of the year.  I don't know if they will annouce when we can talk about it.  You may just happen upon the forum and be able to talk about it.

Get over it.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:26:37 PM »

I don't understand why we're still not allowed to talk about certain things that are talked about on the talking metal podcast, which is under the news section. Maybe the bans been lifted, but if it hasn't, the link to the talking metal podcast should be removed. Jarmo's just doing what's best for him and the board so you guys should really cut him some slack.
daubs
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »

Its because jarmo cooperates with managment. If you want non-censorship you can join another gnr message board. i remember presale passwords were being exchanged like wildfire over at chinesedemocracy.com.

This pretty much is the offical gnr fan site. Censorship is just one of the things that comes with the territory.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

Can people please stop replying with "go elsewhere". Where is that supposed to be? Mygnr, filled with idiots and redundant topics. CD.com, at best there are 3 threads with more than 20 replies, dead site. And the rest has little to no activity.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »

Can people stop posting these threads?

Read around a bit and see why.

Is it really the end of the world?

It's pretty obvious why anyway. Reading a few threads you can come to a conclusion fairly easy.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »

I really think that people are making too much of this. You can find the items in question at other places on the net. Jarmo has been requested by GNR management to limit discussion of these matters. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it will be in his best interest to comply with their requests. Anyway, what about a little patience? We could find something out any day - in the meantime, discussing those things which will not be named doesn't bring us any closer to a release which, as far as I know, is what everyone wants anyway.
EFISH
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »

Can people stop posting these threads?

Read around a bit and see why.

Is it really the end of the world?

It's pretty obvious why anyway. Reading a few threads you can come to a conclusion fairly easy.
Exactally man. ok yes yes
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

Why not just answer the question if you know why, and the answer is somewhere on the board? Why act like a wang?

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 04:35:56 PM »

THE RULES OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY

#1 - The first rule of Chinese Democracy is, you do not talk about Chinese Democracy.

#2 - The second rule of Chinese Democracy is, you DO NOT talk about Chinese Democracy.
 ?
rofl
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 04:36:46 PM »

THE RULES OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY

#1 - The first rule of Chinese Democracy is, you do not talk about Chinese Democracy.

#2 - The second rule of Chinese Democracy is, you DO NOT talk about Chinese Democracy.
 ?
rofl

If you say one more thing about CD frickin' laser beams will burn out your eyes!

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »

It doesn't matter that much to me...I can wait.  But since you make it seem so obvious, the commercial I get...the article I don't.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 04:43:16 PM »

if jarmo decides to censor the stuff we talk about is his decision, coz it's his board. i just think it's a little strange since, we aren't allowed to talk about the RSarticle, but you can find since the aurface of the article a mention on the CDpage of this site about 'sorry'. maybe the left hand doesn't know what the other does, idk.

anyways...it's just a shame, that nowadays i'm more at the mygnrforum than in here...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that if by some small chance Chinese Democracy flopped sales-wise or was deemed a poor album after all the waiting and hype, we won't be allowed to mention the album in any future topics.
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

Why not just answer the question if you know why, and the answer is somewhere on the board? Why act like a wang?

Exaclty my thoughts.

Besides, in order to find out "the answere that those two internet Mongersfind to be soooo obvious, I would have to read through more Bullshit than most US presidential elections...Ironic since there is alot of "cover up" in those cases to.

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 04:44:09 PM »

Because it is a stupid question, that's why.
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »

Why is it a stupid question? Why are you such a bitchy li'l girl?

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

locked... for there are too many of these already.. wookie... -1 for the insult.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »

#1 - We don't talk about something that "leaked", and was premiered too early. We'll talk about it once it officially premieres.

#2 - I got a request not to link or post the article and I decided not to.

#3 - This site is offered you for free. There's no ads you have to look at. You don't have to do anything other than sign up here. Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do?

#4 - Freedom of speech and the Internet GN'R fans don't mix. I tried having a totally unmoderated board in 1999 and decided never to try it again. Our main goal is to provide a place for GN'R fans to discuss the band. That doesn't mean the discussions should be centered around how much the band sucks, how horrible they look, how much you hate the band's management or how much you want certain members that quit, back in the band.

#5 - This board is moderated, you agreed to the terms when you registered. Maybe you need to read them again? Other boards might be moderated differently. It's up to them to decide what kind of discussions they want to allow. I don't pay attention to the others' policies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 02:14:05 AM »

Why is it a stupid question? Why are you such a bitchy li'l girl?

It's stupid because (listed in order of importance):

1) It's already been asked

2) It's already been addressed by Jarmo and other mods about half a dozen times

3) It's not going to make a bit of difference

4) It is obvious that something is about to happen that coincides with the kick off of the tour. Even if you could not come to your own conclusion to why they are asking Jarmo to censor certain topics, you could at least understand that these two things were correlated. Which leads to number five............

5) Obviously something is right around the corner. Even Jarmo has said it is "like finding out what your presents are before Christmas" (not exact words.) So.........what do you think that all adds up to?

And with all this listed above, having been said numerous times over the last week, somebody still feels the need to ask once again, the same question...........it's pretty goddamn dumb. And if you have to ask, then I guess the shoe fits.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24:20 AM »

#1 - We don't talk about something that "leaked", and was premiered too early. We'll talk about it once it officially premieres.

#2 - I got a request not to link or post the article and I decided not to.

#3 - This site is offered you for free. There's no ads you have to look at. You don't have to do anything other than sign up here. Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do?

#4 - Freedom of speech and the Internet GN'R fans don't mix. I tried having a totally unmoderated board in 1999 and decided never to try it again. Our main goal is to provide a place for GN'R fans to discuss the band. That doesn't mean the discussions should be centered around how much the band sucks, how horrible they look, how much you hate the band's management or how much you want certain members that quit, back in the band.

#5 - This board is moderated, you agreed to the terms when you registered. Maybe you need to read them again? Other boards might be moderated differently. It's up to them to decide what kind of discussions they want to allow. I don't pay attention to the others' policies.

/jarmo

Finally, a resonable response with a straight forward answer and w/o the sarcasim. 
daubs
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 10:55:06 AM »

Can people please stop replying with "go elsewhere". Where is that supposed to be? Mygnr, filled with idiots and redundant topics. CD.com, at best there are 3 threads with more than 20 replies, dead site. And the rest has little to no activity.

this is how jarmo chooses to run his site. You dont have to use it.  If there arent any out there, start your own. I dont like the censoring that much either, but its pretty low to bitch when we should all be grateful that this site exists. alot of work goes into this.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 11:37:17 AM »

Its because jarmo cooperates with managment. If you want non-censorship you can join another gnr message board. i remember presale passwords were being exchanged like wildfire over at chinesedemocracy.com.

That's why this site is respected by management. They don't allow that kind of shit.

This pretty much is the offical gnr fan site. Censorship is just one of the things that comes with the territory.

It ain't about censorship, it's all about not spreading bullshit.

I've been here two years now and I've never been fed with garbage, unlike other boards.

We all now that the album is coming now, and really, about that RS piece, what the fuck do you want to talk about ? There's nothing new in there. Except for an info Baz dropped, and i would have prefered him not to say anything at all.

Anyway, why bitching here when you know you can discuss it on other boards ? Go there eventually.

Don't mean to be aggressive or patronizing but I'm sick and tired of that "censorship" subject.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »

this is how jarmo chooses to run his site. You dont have to use it.? If there arent any out there, start your own. I dont like the censoring that much either, but its pretty low to bitch when we should all be grateful that this site exists. alot of work goes into this.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've been here awhile so I'm cool. Jarmo's got his reasons, and I respect them. But still, people could be a little friendlier when new fans or fans who haven't been updated on the situation come here with questions and the occasionally bitchslap tone. After all, the reason some people are so upset is because this is the best GN'R site out there, by far. Some of you are acting like it's outrageous to even mention the situation. Like I said, Jarmo's got good reasons, but what's going on here lately is pretty unheard of in the GN'R community. Naturally people are gonna ask alot of questions and be upset. That doesn't mean we have to start a war in here. Comments like "go somewhere else" and "start your own site" appear kinda childish to me. Give them an explaination and then lock/delete the thread, doesn't have to be any more difficult than that. This is after all a community, and we should act like one, even though some people come and start shit.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: