Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why are we being censored? enough beating around the bush, I want answers
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why are we being censored? enough beating around the bush, I want answers  (Read 7168 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

locked... for there are too many of these already.. wookie... -1 for the insult.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »

#1 - We don't talk about something that "leaked", and was premiered too early. We'll talk about it once it officially premieres.

#2 - I got a request not to link or post the article and I decided not to.

#3 - This site is offered you for free. There's no ads you have to look at. You don't have to do anything other than sign up here. Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do?

#4 - Freedom of speech and the Internet GN'R fans don't mix. I tried having a totally unmoderated board in 1999 and decided never to try it again. Our main goal is to provide a place for GN'R fans to discuss the band. That doesn't mean the discussions should be centered around how much the band sucks, how horrible they look, how much you hate the band's management or how much you want certain members that quit, back in the band.

#5 - This board is moderated, you agreed to the terms when you registered. Maybe you need to read them again? Other boards might be moderated differently. It's up to them to decide what kind of discussions they want to allow. I don't pay attention to the others' policies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 02:14:05 AM »

Why is it a stupid question? Why are you such a bitchy li'l girl?

It's stupid because (listed in order of importance):

1) It's already been asked

2) It's already been addressed by Jarmo and other mods about half a dozen times

3) It's not going to make a bit of difference

4) It is obvious that something is about to happen that coincides with the kick off of the tour. Even if you could not come to your own conclusion to why they are asking Jarmo to censor certain topics, you could at least understand that these two things were correlated. Which leads to number five............

5) Obviously something is right around the corner. Even Jarmo has said it is "like finding out what your presents are before Christmas" (not exact words.) So.........what do you think that all adds up to?

And with all this listed above, having been said numerous times over the last week, somebody still feels the need to ask once again, the same question...........it's pretty goddamn dumb. And if you have to ask, then I guess the shoe fits.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24:20 AM »

#1 - We don't talk about something that "leaked", and was premiered too early. We'll talk about it once it officially premieres.

#2 - I got a request not to link or post the article and I decided not to.

#3 - This site is offered you for free. There's no ads you have to look at. You don't have to do anything other than sign up here. Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do?

#4 - Freedom of speech and the Internet GN'R fans don't mix. I tried having a totally unmoderated board in 1999 and decided never to try it again. Our main goal is to provide a place for GN'R fans to discuss the band. That doesn't mean the discussions should be centered around how much the band sucks, how horrible they look, how much you hate the band's management or how much you want certain members that quit, back in the band.

#5 - This board is moderated, you agreed to the terms when you registered. Maybe you need to read them again? Other boards might be moderated differently. It's up to them to decide what kind of discussions they want to allow. I don't pay attention to the others' policies.

/jarmo

Finally, a resonable response with a straight forward answer and w/o the sarcasim. 
daubs
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 10:55:06 AM »

Can people please stop replying with "go elsewhere". Where is that supposed to be? Mygnr, filled with idiots and redundant topics. CD.com, at best there are 3 threads with more than 20 replies, dead site. And the rest has little to no activity.

this is how jarmo chooses to run his site. You dont have to use it.  If there arent any out there, start your own. I dont like the censoring that much either, but its pretty low to bitch when we should all be grateful that this site exists. alot of work goes into this.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 11:37:17 AM »

Its because jarmo cooperates with managment. If you want non-censorship you can join another gnr message board. i remember presale passwords were being exchanged like wildfire over at chinesedemocracy.com.

That's why this site is respected by management. They don't allow that kind of shit.

This pretty much is the offical gnr fan site. Censorship is just one of the things that comes with the territory.

It ain't about censorship, it's all about not spreading bullshit.

I've been here two years now and I've never been fed with garbage, unlike other boards.

We all now that the album is coming now, and really, about that RS piece, what the fuck do you want to talk about ? There's nothing new in there. Except for an info Baz dropped, and i would have prefered him not to say anything at all.

Anyway, why bitching here when you know you can discuss it on other boards ? Go there eventually.

Don't mean to be aggressive or patronizing but I'm sick and tired of that "censorship" subject.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »

this is how jarmo chooses to run his site. You dont have to use it.? If there arent any out there, start your own. I dont like the censoring that much either, but its pretty low to bitch when we should all be grateful that this site exists. alot of work goes into this.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've been here awhile so I'm cool. Jarmo's got his reasons, and I respect them. But still, people could be a little friendlier when new fans or fans who haven't been updated on the situation come here with questions and the occasionally bitchslap tone. After all, the reason some people are so upset is because this is the best GN'R site out there, by far. Some of you are acting like it's outrageous to even mention the situation. Like I said, Jarmo's got good reasons, but what's going on here lately is pretty unheard of in the GN'R community. Naturally people are gonna ask alot of questions and be upset. That doesn't mean we have to start a war in here. Comments like "go somewhere else" and "start your own site" appear kinda childish to me. Give them an explaination and then lock/delete the thread, doesn't have to be any more difficult than that. This is after all a community, and we should act like one, even though some people come and start shit.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: