Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The College Thread
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The College Thread  (Read 6112 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »

I am going to college sometime next year and I was just wondering is anybody currently going that posts here?

I am probably going to go to the University of Utah.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »

Nope - been there done that already.

Cornell rules!  Grin

Why don't you just....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »

My wife got her Biology degree there.........
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:46:57 PM »

Cool. Did you attend College?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »

I did..............
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 02:09:02 PM »

I did..............

Cool. Where did you go? What did you study?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 02:20:44 PM »

College: Psychology, in Florida.

Then went in Toyota school (not saying this is college, but what I did after) for a year. Was about to go to the Mercedes Benz training school, so I could work for them, but changed my mind. I decided to buy and sell cars instead.

Now I?m in real estate.

Go figure.

Down the line I'd like to buy a prime spot and open a lot for cars. I'll probably do this when I ge back to SLC in two years.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:10:22 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

Then went in Toyota school (not saying this is college, but what I did after) for a year. Was about to go to the Mercedes Benz training school, so I could work for those, but changed my mind. I decided to buy and sell cars instead.

Now I?m in real estate.

Go figure.

Down the line I'd like to buy a prime spot and open a lot for cars. I'll probably do this when I ge back to SLC in two years.

Cool. I never knew you were in real estate. I never knew you took on Psycology.

So, that means you know what people are thinking behind what they are saying. J/K
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 02:41:15 PM »

Then went in Toyota school (not saying this is college, but what I did after) for a year. Was about to go to the Mercedes Benz training school, so I could work for those, but changed my mind. I decided to buy and sell cars instead.

Now I?m in real estate.

Go figure.

So, that means you know what people are thinking behind what they are saying. J/K

Not really.

My brother is that guy. He is smart as shit. He is a professor at Rice now in Psych. I hooked up with him a month back and I always forget how smart (and funny) the guy is.

I got into cars because I got sick and tired of being ripped off while in college. I'd take my car in and know the mechanic was lying to me. There was nothing I could do about it. Being young, broke and frustrated I intended to take a basic car course at the nearby campus. Then I got into it and took the entire thing, minus transmissions.

I got into RE after I bought my first house and fixed it up. I liked the idea of flipping houses and/or renting them.

Everything leads to something else. I like all sorts of things. One day, when I grow up I'll figure out exactly what I want to do.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »

Now I?m in real estate.

Go figure.

Not really.

My brother is that guy. He is smart as shit. He is a professor at Rice now in Psych. I hooked up with him a month back and I always forget how smart (and funny) the guy is.

I got into cars because I got sick and tired of being ripped off while in college. I'd take my car in and know the mechanic was lying to me. There was nothing I could do about it. Being young, broke and frustrated I intended to take a basic car course at the nearby campus. Then I got into it and took the entire thing, minus transmissions.

I got into RE after I bought my first house and fixed it up. I liked the idea of flipping houses and/or renting them.

Everything leads to something else. I like all sorts of things. One day, when I grow up I'll figure out exactly what I want to do.

Yeah, I take the bus/train and it's a lot less expensive than cars, I'll tell you that. We have a pretty good mass transit system here in Salt Lake. We have TRAX (I'm sure you know.) and there currently working on a salt lake to odgen trax line which will be pretty cool when it's finished.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 03:09:48 PM »

There Trax system is very good, although I never used it.

Aren't they going to develop some system that goes to Park City?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »

There Trax system is very good, although I never used it.

Aren't they going to develop some system that goes to Park City?

I'm not sure about Park City. I just heard information that

A) They were changing the routes of all buses. Some routes would be cancelled, some would be altered routes and there would be some time schedule changes. Those changes go into affect on Monday, April 17th. They don't hurt me at all.

B) These bus route changes would be because of trax changes such as the odgen/salt lake route.

Right now, all they have a is north/south trax line with a nightride and then a university trax-line. The university trax-line is kind of like an extended downtime ride.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »

Chomsky...of course.  SLC, im taking an AP Psych test next month, any advice?
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 10:43:10 PM »

I'm in my final year of obtaining a Bachelor Of Business (Marketing) at Victoria University.

Worked my ass off at High School and got high enough marks to do Law. I studied that for a year and a half and nearly died due to boredom, transferred to Business and love it. I can't wait to finish though - I'm going to take a year off, travel the world etc before I get into the rat race.
Surfrider
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

For all of you that are still in college, enjoy your time.  It really is the best time of your life.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 01:45:37 AM »

Chomsky...of course.  SLC, im taking an AP Psych test next month, any advice?

Stay on the path...........

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 02:25:50 AM »

Argh!  I was looking at doing phsyc (we are orginising our Uni education already  Roll Eyes) and we went to our local uni.  We each had to chose a few lectures to go to for the day and talk about what each degree was like.  I went to phsyc... the whole thing made me so mad.  Like people thought they are the centre of the whole universe or something... and if they have some problem or arent "normal" they dont fit in right with society and need to be checked out by a professional.

I hate it when people do this whole 'everyone has to fit in with society and be normal' and this just fuled my fire.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »

i know your not normal...... thats why i like you :p

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 10:57:46 AM »

I'm a Telecomunication Ingeneer  I graduated 3 years ago, Im working in a Internet company and it's kinda cool I'm searching new horizons I think I will go to Canada, anyone knows if the bussiness there as an telecomunicacion ingeneer is good?

No man can be my equal
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »

DP life is good and women are easy Wink

edit: that being said it do depend on the area that you goto... for expanding telecom areas..... Aliant is in a hiring spree right now so that is great if you are coming in with exp. BCE is reducing man power and going more automation, Telus is sort of in the middle, and well SASKTEL and MBTEL are pretty stationary, not a huge amout of flux.

in the BCE areas though there are many smaller sub contractors that they utilise for their work that pay rather well..... if i were you i would apply to alberta area oil companies for telecom professionals and you can make some great cash

hope that helps ya out
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:24:07 PM by Prometheus » Logged

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: