Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tiger Woods
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tiger Woods  (Read 23380 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »

Accenture is one of the big ones, along with AT&T. It's a major outsourcing firm active in India and other countries, which is why you must not have heard about it. All their ads revolve around him, all their office buildings are covered with gigantic Tiger Woods posters.  Even their service marks are: "Go on, be a Tiger" and "We know what it takes to be a Tiger". I'm assuming that endorsement was worth quite a bit. For Nike, it's not a big deal because it's only one sport that they sponsor affected. They have similar huge deals with other stars in almost all major sports, so they can afford to put up with him. Not the case with Accenture.

My quantification of "big" is in terms of relative value of the endorsement.  The reports I've read peg this one as "minor" in terms of financial worth...right around $80 million TOTAL value for their 8 year contract (which they've chose to end after 6 years).  Compare that to a few 5 year, 100  million contracts, a number of 4 year 80+ million dollar contracts, Gillette's $15 million annual deal, etc...and it looks "small" in comparison.

It will hold sway, since she undoubtedly has the control over his children. Again, YES, I know, it's not your decision etc., I was just posting what has been reported.

Well, ultimately the U.S. courts hold control over his children.....at least in terms of any custody dispute.  And she can't legally deny him access without cause (and so far, we haven't heard of any good one, yet...philandering isn't grounds for denial of custody).  But yes, it's a fine balancing beam to walk. 

Again, it's his choice.  And provided he's doing what he thinks is best....I'm not going to second guess him.  I just wouldn't do the  same thing, and certainly not for the rumored reason.  But that's rather the point. He should be allowed to do whatever it is he thinks he needs to without the media circus following him around while he's doing it.

OK, time for a bit of a rant...and keep in mind, this isn't directed at anyone in particular:

To be very clear:  The loss of endorsements...THAT'S a story. It pertains to his celebrity and his game, directly. It's basically discussing his business dealings, which are certainly fair public fodder.  Ditto on the story of him not playing golf.  Yes, some cursory discussion of the "why" is necessary for context. 

What he chooses to do around his relationship, his family, and his kids...that's the part that shouldn't be anyone else's business but his.  Those things are private...and it's getting sadder and sadder to watch our media just obliterate any semblance of privacy when it comes to celebrities (and it's not just Tiger) Does anyone think this is remotely a story if the person in question is a mail man, or a construction worker, or some desk jockey/low level exec?  Of course not!  Nobody cares except those directly involved in it.  The minute it's anyone with any notoriety...BLAMO...it's a story. And the more famous they are, the bigger the story.  Because people want to be a fly on the wall in every famous person's bed room, bathroom, hotel room, etc.  I find that...distasteful...to some extent.  Make no mistake..what they do in PUBLIC (say, getting sloppy drunk at that posh LA night club) is fair game.  I GET that kind of voyeurism from the public.  But this....honestly, I don't want to know the gory details of his marriage.  I don't feel like I have the RIGHT to KNOW the gory details of his marriage.  And by being inundated by it, at every turn, on every sports talk show, every news broadcast, every news home page.....it makes me feel "icky" hearing it all.    Tiger cheated.  There will be some fallout (not playing golf, some endorsement fall out, etc).  Beyond that....the rest feels tawdry.

OK...sorry about that hijack...rant over.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »

Since you didn't quote anyone, I wasn't exactly sure who you were replying to.  So I thought the comment may have been directed toward me...thus the reason I commented on it.

I know Axl4Prez's comments were not directed at me....so I leave you to fight your own battles.   

Let's see, my comments were posted right after Axl4Prez2004. Everything I mentioned was in regard to his previous post. How were you not exactly sure?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »

Let's see, my comments were posted right after Axl4Prez2004. Everything I mentioned was in regard to his previous post. How were you not exactly sure?

Because you didn't make it obvious, obviously. 

Together again,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »

Because you didn't make it obvious, obviously. 

Than I guess you just need to read more careful next time so you don't jump to a wrong conclusion as you did this time in thinking a comment was directed at you.

Hahahahaha  rofl

I got a 64 without doing anything. I jsut waiting for her to catch his so she could beat the shit out of him!  rofl rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »

Than I guess you just need to read more careful next time so you don't jump to a wrong conclusion as you did this time in thinking a comment was directed at you.

Or, perhaps when you're responding to a particular poster...you should quote them, so it's clear who you're talking to.  That's pretty standard "netiquette"...especially when you're engaging in 2 different conversations, with 2 different posters, at the same time.  Or you can be lazy, and deal with the fallout....no skin off my nose, either way.

You know what they say:  The author is always responsible for the misconceptions of the reader. 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:01:03 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »

Or, perhaps when you're responding to a particular poster...you should quote them, so it's clear who you're talking to.  That's pretty standard "netiquette"...especially when you're engaging in 2 different conversations, with 2 different posters, at the same time.  Or you can be lazy, and deal with the fallout....no skin off my nose, either way.

You know what they say:  The author is always responsible for the misconceptions of the reader.

It would have been proper etiquette on your part to read the previous post before my comment and you would have clearly seen I was responding to a personal attack directed at me by Axl4Prez.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »

Guess Tiger doesn't have anything on a Bengal though....

Chris Henry's fiancee.. FUCK, stop the truck, shit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »

It would have been proper etiquette on your part to read the previous post before my comment and you would have clearly seen I was responding to a personal attack directed at me by Axl4Prez.

Actually, there's no onus in netiquette to read every post in the thread.  Again, the onus on you is to be clear.  You may choose to be lazy, and shirk that responsibility, but then it's on you to deal with the fallout.  YOU were carrying on two different conversations in the span of a few posts.  I was only engaged in my part of it.  I have no responsibility to engage in every "conversation" you hold....

You can wiggle and worm all you want, but at the end of the day...YOU made the mistake.  Argue the contrary all you like, but....it makes you no less wrong.  It's really not a big deal...and I explained my confusion and was perfectly happy to move on.   Yet you seem to want to argue and belabor the point....instead of just accepting what happened and move on.

Simple solution:  Quote who you're responding to.  That's why the button is there.  And if you choose not to use it, and you confuse your readers, admit your mistake, clarify, and move on.  It's very simple...but you want to turn it into an epic argument spanning pages of the thread.

Anyway, my point's made and now we're just going in circles...which is about as pointless as the media following Tiger's private life.

Edit:

Just in order to demonstrate the confusion:

This:

pilferk, you continue to acknowledge you don't care, it's none of your business, nor your concern, yet you still show that you seem to care a lot.

ran directly into this

How am I refusing to acknowledge anything?

Surely you can see the possible segue, here.  Yes, reading it NOW, after you've clarified, it's obvious it was directed elsewhere.  But not being inside your head (and I'm not....I promise), you can see...reading the context and end of your first post which addressed me (and I assumed was directed to me), that there is a potential easy segue between them. 

And if not...well, I can.  I trust others can (I just ran it by the wife litmus, and she sees it, too).  And ultimately, that's really what counts...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:00:59 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 06:22:54 AM »

Axl4Prez2004 post:

Drew, you just don't get it do you?  You seriously refuse to acknowledge Pilferk's and my own reasoning (which is correct).  Tiger didn't lie and he didn't deny the affairs, the affairs hadn't even come out yet!  Even when the affairs came to light he didn't deny them.  Go buy a fucking clue. 

You should be a reporter for Fox News dude.    ok

Followed by my reply directly after his, 23 minutes later:

How am I refusing to acknowledge anything?

Reports of the affair with Rachel Uchitel were circulating before the Thanksgiving incident. How long did it take him to confess his affairs? How many statements did he release before he came clean? He was hoping it would all blow over but it didn't. He knew what the rumors were and instead of being honest, he attacked everyone else instead! Did he really think that there were just rumors of domestic abuse?

How about you go by yourself a fucking clue! Why is my reasoning so far fetched. You take this jerk as some innocent clueless fool of what's going on in his own life.

Go back to your job at the U.N. spreading lies with your corrupt, hypocritical phonies!  ok

Somehow you fail not to be able to to relate these two post together and assumed that I was talking to you. If you want me to quote who I'm talking to in the future than maybe you should also read more carefully before you you take offense at someone's comment that may not even be directed at you in the first place. If you would have done this, you would have clearly seen my comment was not directed at you. You can wiggle and worm all you want.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 06:29:02 AM »

With the list of women continuing to climb, all the emails and text messages coming out, and payouts that were offered to keep quite, this is certainly going to get more and more embarrassing for Humpty Dimpty!  rofl rofl rofl

Elin Nordegren, will file for divorce, sources say

By Carlos Frias

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Updated: 9:17 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009

On the day golfer Tiger Woods reached yet another sporting summit, word came that his personal life might have hit bottom.

Woods was named Athlete of the Decade by The Associated Press on Wednesday while several media outlets were quoting unnamed sources saying that his wife, Elin Nordegren, will be filing for divorce in the wake of his confessed infidelity.

"She plans to leave Tiger," one source told People magazine in the issue due out Friday.

Another source told the magazine: "She's made up her mind. There's nothing to think about: He's never going to change."

ABC News and NBC News also posted online stories from unidentified sources, purportedly close to Woods and Nordegren, who echoed the sentiment.

"Divorce is 100 percent," one source told ABC. "She's not rushing to divorce. She's going to take her sweet time. She wants all the dirty laundry to be out on the table before she signs anything."

The frenzy over Woods' numerous liaisons, first reported by The National Enquirer, has leaped from the sports page to the front page, eclipsing any news surrounding his sport, which is in its off-season.

Over the last 10 years, Woods has dominated golf in a manner that is unsurpassed. He won 64 times around the world, including 12 major tournaments. Overall, he has 14 major titles, four short of the record held by Jack Nicklaus.

On the PGA Tour, Woods won 56 times, an unprecedented rate of 30 percent. He spent all but 32 weeks ? a stretch during which he reworked his swing ? ranked as the world's No. 1.

The AP vote honoring him was conducted over a period of several weeks. More than half of the 142 ballots were submitted after Woods' Nov. 27 car accident, which ignited the firestorm of publicity regarding his personal problems.

Now, even his astounding accomplishments on the course could be questioned. A Canadian doctor who assisted in Woods' rehabilitation from knee surgery is being investigated by the FBI for allegedly selling performance-enhancing drugs to athletes, according to a story in The New York Times.

Dr. Anthony Galea told the newspaper he did not treat Woods with human growth hormone (HGH). He said he helped Woods' recovery only with a legal, cutting-edge therapy using Woods' own blood.

An assistant of Galea's was stopped by border officers in September and found carrying the doctor's bag, which authorities said contained HGH and another drug that is illegal to sell or bring into the United States.

ESPN, citing court documents, wrote that Galea told his assistant to bring in the drugs because Galea had already been flagged in the past.

All of it ? Woods' philandering and his association with the controversial doctor ? have served to shatter a splendid image, divide a family that includes two young children and overshadow a decade in which Woods won nearly $82 million on the PGA Tour.

Earnings that now apparently will be divided with his spouse.

Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/golf/tiger-woods-wife-elin-nordegren-will-file-for-125588.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »

This is getting ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
Why doesn't he just put up a list of the women he slept with on his website? It'll save everyone the trouble of reading the same thing every week.

Fuck 'Em All.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »

This is getting ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
Why doesn't he just put up a list of the women he slept with on his website? It'll save everyone the trouble of reading the same thing every week.

I think all of us know or have known guys who are how shall I say it...popular with the ladies?  I'm willing to bet he may not even know how many chicks he banged over the past several years. 

They will obviously be divorcing.  I'm sure they'll eventually agree on a custody/visitation agreement where the kids will be with her, and he'll have fairly open visitation...to Scandinavia!  Maybe HTGTH can grab an interview when he's in town. Smiley

The endorsements will be predictable.  Accenture was predictable because the campaign was completely character-based.  His super-human golf skills will ensure he maintains more than half of his endorsement empire...think about it, Gilette?  "The best a man can get?"  Show me a men's razor blade commercial that isn't built around relating to men's egos.  "Man looks at mirror all scruffy...man sees hot as fuck chick watching him...man shaves face, makes it smooth...hot chick gets wet just watching and can't wait to stroke his supple face."  Wow, Gilette will be so ashamed to have a guy who is very successful with the ladies endorsing their product.   Roll Eyes

I just can't wait for the return to the game.  He is going to be focused like a madman on the course!  The whole affair thing makes sense.  Have any of you ever noticed that when a great athlete gets married, their game goes downhill?  Tiger was able to be married and continue his dominance on the course...basically because he was still behaving like he was single.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »

Good for Elin.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »

lets keep this shit in perspective... it isn't like he raped somebody

Cheating is bad but really, this is the 21st century.. who gives a shit

The President cheated so how come an athlete can't?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »

AT&T ends sponsorship of Tiger Woods

By PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology Writer

NEW YORK (AP)?AT&T Inc. said Thursday it would no longer sponsor Tiger Woods, joining Accenture and Gillette in dropping support for the golfer after he admitted to infidelity following numerous allegations.

The phone company hasn?t used Woods? image extensively in advertising, but its logo appeared on his golf bag, and he was the host of the AT&T National PGA event. The phone company said it would continue to sponsor the event, which will be held in Bethesda, Maryland, in July.

AT&T did not comment on its reasons for dropping Woods, or how much the contract was worth. Woods has taken an indefinite leave from playing.

Consulting firm Accenture dropped the athlete two weeks ago, saying he was ?no longer the right representative? of the company?s values. Gillette, a unit of the Procter & Gamble Co., said that it won?t air ads that feature Woods promoting its razors or include him in public appearances.

Swiss watch maker Tag Heuer, a unit of luxury goods empire LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, said Friday that it will ?downscale? its use of golfer Tiger Woods? image in its advertising campaigns for the foreseeable future.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-att-tigerwoods&prov=ap&type=lgns

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »

ESPN reported but hasn't confirmed it yet, that Tiger is at the Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Service clinic in Hattiesburg, Mississippi getting help now.  rofl

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »

ESPN reported but hasn't confirmed it yet, that Tiger is at the Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Service clinic in Hattiesburg, Mississippi getting help now.  rofl

I saw this a few days ago on espn. Sex addiction my ass. He's just a rich douchebag that got caught with his pants down who thought he could get away with it cause he's worth millions.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2010, 02:42:42 PM »

If I was Tiger, I'd push through the divorce asap, sort out the sponsors then get back to doing what he does best. He's had some bad life experience and made alot of mistakes. Just man up to it, and move on

Noone is a saint at the end of the day.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2010, 03:52:07 PM »

If I was Tiger, I'd push through the divorce asap, sort out the sponsors then get back to doing what he does best. He's had some bad life experience and made alot of mistakes. Just man up to it, and move on

he's got kids though. and if they get divorced she probably takes the kids to Nordic land.

i have no idea how involved he is or how good/bad of a dad he is, but i'm assuming he's going through all the reconciliation efforts in large part because he wants his kids in his life full time.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

he's got kids though. and if they get divorced she probably takes the kids to Nordic land.

i have no idea how involved he is or how good/bad of a dad he is, but i'm assuming he's going through all the reconciliation efforts in large part because he wants his kids in his life full time.   

Absolutely Sandman.  He fucked up big time.  He knows it...everybody knows it. 
I can't imagine being in that situation. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: