Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  You thoughts on politics?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You thoughts on politics?  (Read 4868 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« on: June 23, 2005, 02:36:15 PM »

Politics over the last few years has been questionable, with many corrupt polititions and sticky suituations governments have gotten themselves into. In the end, it all come down to us, the people. In a gentlemanly and peaceful mannerplease share your thoughts on any politics that come to mind, eg. system of politics that you see works best, current political suituation in your area etc.

In Canada, gay marrige is being brought up again and will be passed again in the house of commons. This is seriously annoying me. Homosexuality is becoming a bigger isue in Canada then the states. I personally think the Canadian government should just come up with one decision and stick with it.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 04:24:48 PM »

Our system has a great design, but has become corrupted.  Our Constitution has basically been scrapped from its original meaning.  As a result, we hardly have a federal system anymore.  The result is that people dont know what is going on, believe they have no say, and the only people with any influence are those that write the biggest checks.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »

In Canada, gay marrige is being brought up again and will be passed again in the house of commons. This is seriously annoying me. Homosexuality is becoming a bigger isue in Canada then the states. I personally think the Canadian government should just come up with one decision and stick with it.

Just curious, are you annoyed that progress is a slow process?  or that gay people are allowed to marry?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 06:00:29 PM »

Well I have to say that there doesnt exist a unique political system to rule the world.... What works in this part of the world, doesnt necesarily work in "your" part... here in my country -- where democracy rules -- just nothing seems to work... honestly we dont need leaders, we needs dictators...  because everybody does what they want "in the name of democracy", and it sucks that other countries -- US Wink among'em-- try to manipulate  or subjugate us, pushing us to do what they think is good for democracy like erradicating the Coca fields that aren't necesarily cocaine, -- anyway they are the main consumers and they still are --...  thanks for taking the time to read...

@;--,---.-----
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 06:38:47 PM »

Washington DC = Hollywood for ugly people.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »

Just curious, are you annoyed that progress is a slow process?? or that gay people are allowed to marry?

im annoyed both ways, because im anti-gay (nieng catholic) and if decisions are to be made they should be made quickly, not make us do an election, wait a couple weeks, indroducing the potential bill, having more politions vote on it, decide, bring it up again in congress, vote on it again.....

it just annoys me  Angry

SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 06:54:38 PM »

Just curious, are you annoyed that progress is a slow process?? or that gay people are allowed to marry?

im annoyed both ways, because im anti-gay (nieng catholic) and if decisions are to be made they should be made quickly, not make us do an election, wait a couple weeks, indroducing the potential bill, having more politions vote on it, decide, bring it up again in congress, vote on it again.....

it just annoys me? Angry

If it annoys you.........

Just don't pay attention to it. It isn't going to raise your taxes or change your way of life by any means.

Read a book maybe.....see if that keeps your mind off those nutty gays. Tongue
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 07:23:41 PM »

fuck politics Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 07:34:04 PM »

british politics is shit right now. has been since the millenium.

the left went central. the centre got even more dull yet still maintains its a viable alternative. as for the right, well the torys are dead on their feet and the far right are gaining because of this.

And it'll stay that way for quite a while.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 05:10:40 PM »

Ok. Just out of couriosity, does anyone know and potentials for any future presidential candidates in the U.S?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 05:22:23 PM »

Ok. Just out of couriosity, does anyone know and potentials for any future presidential candidates in the U.S?
Hillary Cinton would be great (but not as great as Bill). I still apreciate John Kerry.
All exept Bush, he is not a good president.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 03:48:19 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 05:26:59 PM »

I'm not big on Kerry's morales and I'd like the first female president.

Heres a funny thought, if the President was gay, would his husband be called the First Man?  hihi

SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 07:53:35 PM »

Jeb Bush...........
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 09:02:18 PM »

Jeb Bush...........

Dubya's brother?

hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 11:58:27 PM »

As long as it's not a liberal, I'm good for em.    ok

What does anybody think of Colin Powell for president?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 12:08:36 AM »

Jeb Bush...........

Dubya's brother?

Yes. They won't admit it, but I think they are getting him ready.

On the other hand if Bush's ratings sink lower by the end of the term, I can't imagine Jeb running.

As long as it's not a liberal, I'm good for em. ok

What does anybody think of Colin Powell for president?

Dear Lord, I hope not. Again, with the approval rate at 37-44% I would be shocked if somebody from this administration gets the nod.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 01:26:12 AM »

Major Potential Candidates in 2008

Democrats: Hillary (most likely, unfortunately), Barack Obama (I think he'll get the VP nod), John Kerry (not if the party has any brains or balls), John Edwards (the party's only real hope, I feel), Joe Biden (pardon my editorial laugh-- HA!), Evan Bayh (don't know a ton about him), Barbara Boxer (doubtful), Russ Feingold, Dennis Kucinich (I hear hell freezing over), John Lewis, Al Gore (highly doubtful), and Mark Warner.

Republicans: Jeb Bush (please no...), Mitt Romney (his religion may be his downfall among voters), Rudy Giuliani (god I hope not...), Mark Sandford, Mike Huckabee, Condoleeza Rice (great, just who we need, another Bush lackey...), and John McCain (I would consider voting for him).

Libertartian: Michael Badnarik, Ron Paul, Lance Brown, Gary Nolan, and Aaron Russo.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 09:46:47 AM »

Jeb Bush...........

Dubya's brother?

Yes. They won't admit it, but I think they are getting him ready.

On the other hand if Bush's ratings sink lower by the end of the term, I can't imagine Jeb running.

Oh great, another pupet for good-ol' pappa Bush....  no

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: