Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Young Singers Spread Racist Hate
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Young Singers Spread Racist Hate  (Read 10419 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2005, 07:12:16 PM »

I'm not a lawyer, but yes, I believe it is? legal to stand on a street corner and say any offensive thing you want.? The KKK is allowed to demonstrate, and preachers can say disparaging things about gay people.? Threatening probably falls under a different category, but I think you might have to make a specific threat against a specific person for it to be illegal.? I could be wrong though.? But rappers have been talking about killing police for a long time, and no one has said that was illegal.?

The really stupid thing is that hate speech is allowed to go on, and no one really complains.? But Janet Jackson's breast caused a national incident and lead to censorship of anything remotely sexual, "bad" language, and fart jokes.?

Yeah, I kinda guessed it falls under freedom of speech.

Wonder what happens if somebody listens to a preacher, then goes out and assaults the people the preacher was going on about? Would the preacher be held responsible at all?

It's free speech but it led to something else.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sterlingdog
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »

There have been lawsuits about stuff like that, for example, when Judas Preist was sued for a kid's suicide.  I don't think anyone has ever been successful with that kind of lawsuit however.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

Oh yeah, I remember that. But it was more about a record telling people to kill themselves wasn't it?

Not a preacher telling others that certain groups of people are "bad".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »

It was a COVER SONG that Judas Priest played, and they somehow got in trouble for it instead of Spooky Tooth. Better By You, Better Than Me is even one of the happiest songs on the Stained Class album. If they had claimed the heaviness of Beyond The Realms Of Death inspired the suicide, they may have even had a point, since that song is so awesome.  peace

Heavy metal is just something some people don't understand. Freedom of speech is more important than being inoffensive; reality is offensive, live with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: