Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Your favorite cartoons
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favorite cartoons  (Read 13480 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« on: November 03, 2005, 02:22:53 AM »

Here are mine-

1. South Park - A great cartoon that never gets old.
2. Futurama - A classic that was canned way to early.
3. Family Guy - Another great cartoon with lots of pop culture humor.

So...what are yours? If you don't dig cartoons please don't reply!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 02:27:17 AM »

Here I go man:

1.- Dragon Ball Z

2.- South Park

3.- Los Simpson

and many moreman... It should be, your top 10 Smiley
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:43:38 AM »

Great topic.

Just gonna mention my top...1

Mazinger Z.? This is the best cartoon ever made. It's a japanese anime created in the late 70's. It's about a powerful robot built by a scientist to combat Dr Hell's plans to conquer earth.?

Spanish TV showed only the first 26 episodes out of the 96 that were done.? I didn't even have a VCR back then yet, so there's no way i could've recorded it. The series have become a rare item here cause no one has the distribuition rights anymore (in Spain at least). So, I did a search on ebay a while back and bought the 96 episodes in DVD format. Obviously, these DVD's aren't official, but the quality is good, and the artwork is not too bad either. Got my money's worth (which by the way, it was a lot).

Here's a link for so you can have a glimpse of Mazinger Z.

http://mazinworld.com/Mazinger.html
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 04:20:11 AM »

All time favorite:

Top Cat

after that Shin Chan and ...i have no idea at this moment....

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 04:59:33 AM »

The only one that I still enjoy is 'Tom and Jerry'.  Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 05:26:45 AM »

Here are mine-

1. South Park - A great cartoon that never gets old.
2. Futurama - A classic that was canned way to early.
3. Family Guy - Another great cartoon with lots of pop culture humor.

So...what are yours? If you don't dig cartoons please don't reply!!
Ahhh...what great taste dude! My order is slightly different

1. Family Guy - 10 Times better than The Simpsons, just been watching Season 4 and in Episode 5 there are some wonderful Rocky references, great stuff!
2. Futurama - Never watched this when it was on TV i thought it looked crap.? At University though my mate got the DVD of Series 3 (i think...) and it was awesome i could not believe i had not watched this before, i was also easily shocked when i was told they did not make it anymore.
3. This one is tricky, i'll have to edge to South Park.? Normally i am not that big a fan but when me and my mates have massive smoking sessions it's one of the most popular things to watch, and on shrooms i also got a new appreciation for it.? I remember watching 3 episodes of the same night all from different perspectives, it was class stuff, seemed so long to hihi Anywayz, when stoned it rocks! So this sucka makes it in...
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 05:40:18 AM »

ah nuts now i look i'm copying everyone.

1. Family Guy - sure there are some bad episodes but generally.........they all have their moments. i can't wait til season 4 returns......i think its up to ep 11 now or something. they recreate things so well in family guy. you ever notice that? like in "jungle love" in season 4 when chris is a freshman and he's getting paddled and Alice Coopers No more mr nice guy is playing and its all in slow motion and its EXACTLY like Dazed and Confused. it even has the dudes from Dazed and Confused in the background jumpin and laughing. the way Mayor West throws the paddle up and catches it all that. its all the little stuff in family guy that i love.

2. Simpsons - Ok, i hate simpsons now. the new seasons downright suck. they don't do anything for me. but despite this i can't deny the fact that seasons 7-11 or so were all really really good. classics. too bad simpsons is dead for me now.

3.South Park - i used to hate this show. but its mostly the first few seasons i hate. season 5 or 6 onwards i've downloaded and watched and i love it. its no longer simply based around crude humour. now it can be intelligent. i really like it now.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 06:16:09 AM »

Great topic.

Just gonna mention my top...1

Mazinger Z.  This is the best cartoon ever made. It's a japanese anime created in the late 70's. It's about a powerful robot built by a scientist to combat Dr Hell's plans to conquer earth. 

Spanish TV showed only the first 26 episodes out of the 96 that were done.  I didn't even have a VCR back then yet, so there's no way i could've recorded it. The series have become a rare item here cause no one has the distribuition rights anymore (in Spain at least). So, I did a search on ebay a while back and bought the 96 episodes in DVD format. Obviously, these DVD's aren't official, but the quality is good, and the artwork is not too bad either. Got my money's worth (which by the way, it was a lot).

Here's a link for so you can have a glimpse of Mazinger Z.

http://mazinworld.com/Mazinger.html

Ah, I hear you man  Grin   Only a guy from Spain could mention Mazinger Z.  It's been shown in very few countries outside Japan. In France, we didn't get Mazinger but another anime created by Go Nagai, Grendizer (Goldorak for French people here). It's, like, the most succesful anime of all times in France, and still a huge phenomenon.
Unfortunately, both releases on DVD have been blocked for obscure reasons. Toei Animation has just announced Grendizer boxsets for next spring, so maybe Mazinger will follow Wink  Also, you might be interested in knowing that there are new episodes with Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger currently being shown on Japanese TV, under the name Mazinkaiser Wink

To answer the original question, my favourite animes are Saint Seiya, and in a totally other style, the Mysterious cities of gold. I've always been a bigger fan of japanimation than Disney or Warner type cartoons  Undecided

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 06:18:49 AM »

1. Homer Simpson
2. Donald Duck
3. Stripperella

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 06:32:20 AM »

neon genesis evangelion (the quality is that high, that i dont consider evangelion a cartoon or an anime, it's art)

saint seiya

the simpsons

southpark's cartman's voice

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 08:18:37 AM »

Damn, only 3 is hard to choose from:

1. Family Guy...the storylines are hilarious as hell, but its the 3 second off topic shots that are really funny
2. Duckman: Private Dick...I used to love this cartoon when I was little despite the crude humor, and I always hated how the show ended in a cliffhanger
3. Buggs Bunny & Tweety Bird Show....who can forget the original saturday morning cartoon? I still laugh my ass off every once in awhile

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 08:49:41 AM »

I'm giving you 4..and you'll like it!

The Simpsons

Scooby Doo

Batman: The Animated Series

Dangermouse

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »

1. South Park
2. Family Guy
3. Kid Notorious- I just love how Slash is a lead character on this, and it's absolute genius when he flies in in military helicopters with machine guns n crap to save kid notorious' ass! Pure class!  rofl
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 11:01:24 AM »

Family Guy

Futurama

Thundercats - largely due to the soundtrack which addicted me for life to shredding

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 11:19:41 AM »

Ah, I hear you man? Grin? ?Only a guy from Spain could mention Mazinger Z.? It's been shown in very few countries outside Japan. In France, we didn't get Mazinger but another anime created by Go Nagai, Grendizer (Goldorak for French people here). It's, like, the most succesful anime of all times in France, and still a huge phenomenon.
Unfortunately, both releases on DVD have been blocked for obscure reasons. Toei Animation has just announced Grendizer boxsets for next spring, so maybe Mazinger will follow Wink? Also, you might be interested in knowing that there are new episodes with Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger currently being shown on Japanese TV, under the name Mazinkaiser Wink

To answer the original question, my favourite animes are Saint Seiya, and in a totally other style, the Mysterious cities of gold. I've always been a bigger fan of japanimation than Disney or Warner type cartoons? Undecided

Hey that's cool!

So Grendizer uh? What's about?

Funny you mention Saint Seya...at first it didn't click on me, but then I realized you are taling about "Los Caballeros del Zodiaco". I was a fun, not a huge fan, but followed it till the very end. God, that must've been like 13 or 14 years when they showed on TV over here. There was even a song (in spanish) I still remember the lyrics.."Caballeros del zodiaco, contra las fuerzas demon?acas..." Has "Saint Seya" been released in France (DVD format)??

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »

It's about a man from another planet which was destroyed by the forces of Vega (the equivalent of Dr Hell I suppose). He manages to escape with the robot Grendizer and seeks asylum on Earth. But the forces of Vega are now trying to conquer Earth too, and he decides to defend the planet against their invasion with the help of his robot and a few friends he has made on Earth.
If you like Mazinger Z, you will like Grendizer Wink  Similar design, brilliant story. And you will see at least one familiar face : Alcor / Koji Kabuto, who pilots the Double Spazer. Boss Borot also makes a few guest appearances Wink
Here's a link for you :
http://maxtoons.com/Grendizer.htm

Has "Saint Seya" been released in France (DVD format)??

Yes but the French version is not the best (horrific translation in particular). Try to get your hands on the japanese version Wink
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 12:37:37 PM by Pandora » Logged

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 12:45:36 PM »

South Park

Family Guy

The Simpsons
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 12:54:40 PM »

It's about a man from another planet which was destroyed by the forces of Vega (the equivalent of Dr Hell I suppose). He manages to escape with the robot Grendizer and seeks asylum on Earth. But the forces of Vega are now trying to conquer Earth too, and he decides to defend the planet against their invasion with the help of his robot and a few friends he has made on Earth.
If you like Mazinger Z, you will like Grendizer Wink? Similar design, brilliant story. And you will see at least one familiar face : Alcor / Koji Kabuto, who pilots the Double Spazer. Boss Borot also makes a few guest appearances Wink
Here's a link for you :
http://maxtoons.com/Grendizer.htm

Has "Saint Seya" been released in France (DVD format)??

Yes but the French version is not the best (horrific translation in particular). Try to get your hands on the japanese version Wink

Grendizer flies?  Shocked  How cool...

Did you notice that both Mazinger and Grendizer have the same colors? blue, red, white, yellow and black. Yeah, they are both very similar.

I think for the time being I'll stick to the spanish version of Saint-Seya... hihi

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 01:05:43 PM »

I'm into "Old school" cartoons:

1   Bugs Bunny

2   Droopy

3   Donald Duck

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Evolution
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 01:07:56 PM »

Oor Wullie  ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: