Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Your favorite TV show.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favorite TV show.  (Read 16580 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »

The best and only one ever

THE X-FILES!!!!!

and of course a little seinfield and little friends or some Mad about you are quite good shows, but X-files definitely is the best ever, though I disagree with Jim boy here I think Dogget wasn't a good replacement for Mulder it went downhill since he came to the show.

No man can be my equal
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »

Just watched first 2 seasons of Deadwood.Really liking it..not as much as I should according to few  million people who consider the series greater than anything ever  but..yeah, certainly very good.
Good folks at HBO really know their shit.

What makes Deadwood very memorable would have to a charismatic, dominant, violent asshole named Al Swearengen. He has to be the  best bad guy in history of TV. Well not a real bad guy, rather one of those charismatic  evil bastards you always end up rooting for and feel a little guilty about it later.(Like Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the lambs)

Everyone who enjoys Al Pacino's Tony Montana in Scarface should check Deadwood out just for Swearengen.

.....COCKSUCKERS!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:50:28 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 05:42:28 AM »

So Journeyman's been cancelled. Nip/Tuck is on a holiday break till mid-January. Heroes is indefinately postponed (thanks, writers). Veronica Mars left us some time ago now ... R.I.P.

TV fucking sucks right now.

At least I can look forward to the new X-Files movie....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:16 AM »

What makes Deadwood very memorable would have to a charismatic, dominant, violent asshole named Al Swearengen. He has to be the  best bad guy in history of TV.

Oh, he's definitely up there. But my personal number one would probably have to be Brother Justin Crowe.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »

I've got to add Entourage. Best comedy on television!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »

Arrested Development...smartest and most rewarding comedy ever.  The Wire comes in a close second.  Sad to see it end after this season, but such a phenomenal, authentic drama.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »

Current:

Heroes - First time i watched it this show had been hyped up like mad by my friend and i was bored to tears, second time around though, and with a little patience to get through the dull first few episodes and i've loved this show, probably my fave show of the moment, definately taken over for me in the slot i reserved for Lost which my interest has severally dwindled. ?I've heard reports about how the second season has been dull and slow and people haven't liked it and the writer has apologised, personally i don't see why, well not quite. ?I understand some of the new characters are lacking but overall i've still found it really enjoyable and despite some poor introductions, Adam has been brought into it in a fantastic way.
Prison Break - Fun with so many twists it does get a tad silly and the 3rd season just seems like the 1st in a different setting, still it's a laugh.... Cheesy
Desperate Housewives
Nip/Tuck
Supernatural
- More fun no brainer stuff and with a classic rock soundtrack to boot, anything that has an episode centred around the meanings of Blue Oyster Cult albums can't be bad...
Numb3rs
Without a Trace
Rescue Me
Reaper
- Another show in which i found the first episode to be a bit lacking, but i gave it a chance and this show is really funny, and it's another show which utilises classic rocks tunes....
The Shield

Past:

Blackadder
Bottom
Game On
Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Married With Children
Due South
Avengers
Man from U.N.C.L.E
Baywatch

I could go on forever with this list from the past, i'll leave it at that lil' snippet for now...
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »

i watch way too much tv but here goes

Drama / Action

Heroes (Favourite by Far at the moment)
Lost
Californication
Entourage (great show)
Smallville

Comedy

Curb Your Enthusiasm (Genius)
Seinfeld (Classic)
Friends (Classic)
King Of Queens
Family Guy (So random but funny)
My Name Is Earl
Simpsons (Classic)
Futurama
Scrubs (First 4 series were incredible needs to end this season)
Married With Children (i've cried with laughter over it)

Oh and the English Office. I think the American One has become exactly what Ricky Gervais didn't want . . a show that runs and runs and gets thiner and thiner.

I thought the US office was good for 2 seasons and started to lose its way . . still its alot better than alot of crap on TV but if you have never seen the English version . . treat yourselfs

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2007, 12:45:45 AM »

I consider Californication, also one of my favorites, a dark comedy more than a drama. But whatever....
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 01:26:25 AM »

Family Guy, Scrubs, The Simpsons, South Park, American Dad, My Name is Earl.

I think thats all of em

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2007, 01:33:52 AM »

cold case

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
cresgrand
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 01:55:44 AM »

30 Rock

Another Sunny Day In Hell
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

30 Rock
Can't believe i forgot that, that is superb viewing, definately the funniest show going at the moment (That i watch...)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »

"Sopranos"  Love it looking forward to the season finale this spring, It had such a shitty ending though!!
Love A&E, history channel, Home Improvement which I know is old but... earlier mentioned older shows I grew up with such as Green Acres, Sanford and Son, or anything like that.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »

my favorites would have to be;

House
Prison Break

Love the FOX action shows haha.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

Just watched first 2 seasons of Deadwood.Really liking it..not as much as I should according to few  million people who consider the series greater than anything ever  but..yeah, certainly very good.
Good folks at HBO really know their shit.

What makes Deadwood very memorable would have to a charismatic, dominant, violent asshole named Al Swearengen. He has to be the  best bad guy in history of TV. Well not a real bad guy, rather one of those charismatic  evil bastards you always end up rooting for and feel a little guilty about it later.(Like Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the lambs)

Everyone who enjoys Al Pacino's Tony Montana in Scarface should check Deadwood out just for Swearengen.

.....COCKSUCKERS!

Great show.  Too Bad they stopped making it.  Ian McShane "AL" won a Golden Globe and was Emmy nominated for his roll.  Supposedly it cost too much to make?  HBO and Deadwood's creator Milch have started the two- 2 hour movies to wrap up all the story lines that was left open.  The show was a big viewing draw and wasn't the most costly for HBO to make so I would guess it was all about HBO not wanting to foot the bill for a 4th. season.  They wanted Milch to finance some of the show.  They did ask for 6 shows instead of a full 12 for a 4th and final season, but Milch said no.  I guess an agreement with HBO and Milch regarding financing the 2 movies came about and the show will have an ending.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »

Guilty pleasure...Celebrity Apprentice.  Gene Simmons has kicked ass thus far.  Fun stuff.  Booting off the Playboy Playmate Tiffany Fallon after the first episode was disappointing...but it's still mindless fun.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »

The new American Gladiators is pretty good.. I was a huge fan of the orginal back in the day...

This one has some ups (true to the original, water pits, etc...), and some downs(talk way to much, they shoulda learned from back in the day, that no one wants to hear these losers life stories.. They could fill that crap with an extra event!).. The new events are kinda lame, and they should get rid of "pyramid", and add the event with the big caged balls!!
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2008, 05:29:25 PM »

Emmerdale! If I could, I would move there immediately!

And I?m hooked to Prison Break too.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »

Seeing as how I'm a big 24 fan...how cool is the fact Kim Raver (Audrey Raines) will be playing a hot nympho in some Sex and the City rip-off called Lipstick Jungle?  She is sooooo f'ing hotttttttttttttttt! (reference Kid Rock So Hott song)
 drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: