Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  My posts regarding GNR press release
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My posts regarding GNR press release  (Read 2901 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« on: June 25, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »

OK, might seem like Im going on here, but this has kind of irked me - I thought this is the place to bring it up

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32297.msg636248#msg636248

now as far as Im concerned I wasn't trying to bring up a new vs old debate, I merely made mention of a passage specific to the press statement. Ok, the mods disagreed with me and perhaps it was bringing up that train of post for some... however, what I really find kind of rude is that i was threatened with bad karma just because I had the audacity to reply and stick up for what I was saying?

not in a rude way, no - no insults, swearing, name calling etc... but I am still being threatened when I have always been civil on this board to all members

Regardless if you agree with my initial point or not, I see no justifiable reason to threaten me in this manner

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:05 PM »

its just dead horse man.  its a tired topic. 
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »

its just dead horse man.? its a tired topic.?

thanks for your input but that doesnt really address my concern

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 11:01:11 PM »

Regardless of how you meant for it to come out, you blatantly took a cheap shot at new GNR with your opinion.  The thread was about a concert in Turkey and you bring up something you can go discuss in a thousand other threads in Dead Horse.  The press release was what it was, just because you're opinionated against it doesn't mean anything.
You took the jab at the current version of GNR, you know by doing this two posts later someone is going to argue against it and turn it directly into a New vs. Old battle.  When told that you replied with the assumption that posts have to worship Axl and such, once again igniting the new vs. old debate.   Then next thing you know the thread about the concert in Turkey is 11 pages of people bitching about who is better.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:08:52 AM »

Regardless of how you meant for it to come out, you blatantly took a cheap shot at new GNR with your opinion.? The thread was about a concert in Turkey and you bring up something you can go discuss in a thousand other threads in Dead Horse.? The press release was what it was, just because you're opinionated against it doesn't mean anything.
You took the jab at the current version of GNR, you know by doing this two posts later someone is going to argue against it and turn it directly into a New vs. Old battle.? When told that you replied with the assumption that posts have to worship Axl and such, once again igniting the new vs. old debate.? ?Then next thing you know the thread about the concert in Turkey is 11 pages of people bitching about who is better.

there were no 'cheap shots' as you put it

"just because you're opinionated against it doesn't mean anything."

Huh again, it was specific to the press release therefor it could be seen as being in the right place

im not interested in starting new vs old battles believe me

and again, I still find it trite that one is threatened with bad karma when they've obeyed the rules and expressed their view in a polite, civil manner

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 03:30:58 AM »

The reason it is viewed as a dead horse, is because the point you're referring to (although it is a specific point in the release), is a part of an age old battle. A battle, we feel, belongs in the dead horse section.

As for the karma thing, I can't really reply to that since I can't speak for AG.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:13:13 AM »

The reason it is viewed as a dead horse, is because the point you're referring to (although it is a specific point in the release), is a part of an age old battle. A battle, we feel, belongs in the dead horse section.

As for the karma thing, I can't really reply to that since I can't speak for AG.

I can.

I've explained everything I needed to explain in that thread.

If the poster can't understand it, it's not my fault. However, I will copy and paste it here...

Talk about beating a dead horse.  Get over it.

"what does this have to do with GNR playing in Turkey?"

it specifically referenced the press release announcing the Turkey gig  Roll Eyes

and AdZ, Im neither here nor there mate. Just making a point of discussion  Undecided

Well, guess what:

THE POINT YOU'RE "TRYING TO MAKE" HAS BEEN DISCUSSED TO DEATH.

THAT'S WHY IT BELONGS TO DEAD HORSE.

This thread is about the concert in Istanbul on July 12th. The future.

Not about the past...

Comprende?

it hasnt been discussed time and again, as it referenced this particular statement. I dont recall self-aggrandising press statements being discussed all that much, but if im wrong, please point me in that direction

mental note. any post that doesnt blindly worship Axl =  mods jumping up and down while those who abuse and insult said posters get away scott-free.. Huh

comprende?

oh, absolutley

It's not about blindly worshiping Axl. It's about something that has already been discussed to death. The posters opinions about "why this band is not Guns N' Roses and it's not what it used to be with the old members".

Findind a reason to talk about it in every possible thread is beating a dead horse...

There will be more similar press releases. Should we find a word or a phrase in each of them to compare the old band to the new one? NO.

Those who abuse and insult other posters get negative karma. Have you gotten one yet? No... You've been asked not to talk about stuff that has been beaten to death by 2 moderators and you insist you're right.

Well guess what. Next time there won't be a warning or an explanation, that has been done already. There will be negative karma.

If threatening one person will stop endless discussions about new vs. old gnr, then I'll take the blame for it. I can handle that...

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 06:06:03 AM »

If the poster can't understand it, it's not my fault. However, I will copy and paste it here...

oh I understand what youre doing just fine, I just think it's lame and uncalled for

If threatening one person will stop endless discussions about new vs. old gnr, then I'll take the blame for it. I can handle that...

fair enough, this is my last word on it but let it stand I think it is poor form, poor form indeed

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 06:25:01 AM »

I think you mods do a fine job keeping this board free of dead horse BULLSHIT for the most part.   ok   peace
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 07:06:50 AM »

jimmythegent, I know what you mean, but you have to understand this was not the place to discuss the part you quoted. That's why Adz and Christos reacted this way. The thread was really about GN'R playing in Turkey, not about what whoever wrote the press release meant by saying "GN'R, the greatest band of all time, etc." This was not the main point of the thread or the press release. I hope you see what we mean. Smiley

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »

jimmythegent, I know what you mean, but you have to understand this was not the place to discuss the part you quoted. That's why Adz and Christos reacted this way. The thread was really about GN'R playing in Turkey, not about what whoever wrote the press release meant by saying "GN'R, the greatest band of all time, etc." This was not the main point of the thread or the press release. I hope you see what we mean. Smiley

Thanks Will  beer

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: