Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  so now my other thread is locked...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: so now my other thread is locked...  (Read 3242 times)
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« on: January 31, 2006, 12:51:49 AM »

help me understand why... the only reason i can gather is that i made a topic that apparently didn't intrest the admin... there was no insults being flung back and forth, i merely made a topic out of humor, and there is no rule against that.

and just because theres no more to discuss, is no reason to LOCK it, just ignore it...

and on top of that, i make a topic asking WHY its lock, ask to understand it more and then WHAMO! it's locked for reason at all again...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 01:35:05 AM »

Not only didn't it interest me, it didn't interest some other people either.

Humor? Oh, so when we lock your thread you can't see the fun in that?

Your other thread was locked because we told you the reason why your first thread was locked and there's nothing else to discuss.

Now, I suspect you're not happy with the answer and there's nothing I can do about that. You seem to enjoy this kind of "humor".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

Jarmo, maybe you should lock this thread and he'll really start cracking up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:54:52 PM »

Why do some of you guys cry like babies when your threads get locked? Its a fact of life in a forum that you will sometimes get a thread locked. Just get used to it. Its happened to me on several ocassions, and Jarmo didn't have to stop me from crying by bottlefeeding me and rocking me to sleep. hihi

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:30:49 AM »

Just drop it man, seriously, is getting your ass banned going to be worth knowing if people think axl looks like some chaps in the matrix?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 11:29:01 AM »

I got my thread locked once but was for some stupid guy who though sum41 was better than GNR, so he ruined it all  no

No man can be my equal
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:30:41 PM »

...think you guys are missing the point.

IN THE RULES for the board, nowhere does it say that a thread is worthy of being locked because it is not intresting (which is totally a subjective term).  In my 5 years of posting on various GNR boards, i've come to know that a thread getting locked is a result of breaking the rules... so if i did not break any rules, my thread should not have been locked...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 11:50:20 PM »

...think you guys are missing the point.

IN THE RULES for the board, nowhere does it say that a thread is worthy of being locked because it is not intresting (which is totally a subjective term).? In my 5 years of posting on various GNR boards, i've come to know that a thread getting locked is a result of breaking the rules... so if i did not break any rules, my thread should not have been locked...
If all the meaningless threads were never locked, then all the good threads would end up being buried on page 2 or 3. I think Jarmo and the mods do a pretty damn good job at keeping the junk off the forum. There's a 1980's site that I used to go to where bullshit threads got out of hand. People starting a bunch of identical threads, starting meaningless threads intentionally meant to be stupid,etc. This happened daily, and you literally had to dig to find decent threads. It was horrible. A once awesome forum was turned to shit by a bunch of losers. I finally had to stop using their forum. Before I left, I started a thread bitching at their mods for doing such a shitty job, and I told them to visit HTGTH to learn how to run a forum. If you like meaningless threads so much, I'll be happy to give you the web address of that 1980's forum. hihi

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 03:56:25 AM »

I'll be happy to give you the web address of that 1980's forum. hihi

Oh, yes please!!

hihi

Why does it even matter?  I dont hear anyone else complaining?  "Ohh The Buckets thread got locked! Why him?  Why me?"   confused

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 08:41:02 AM »

IN THE RULES for the board, nowhere does it say that a thread is worthy of being locked because it is not intresting (which is totally a subjective term).?

Of course it's subjective. Somebody has to decide what's pointless and what's not. Unfortunately for you, it's not up to you to decide that on this board.

Everything is subjective. What we consider an insult might be ok for you and what we consider spamming the board might look like sombody just loves posting to you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 10:57:38 AM »

Why does it even matter?? I dont hear anyone else complaining?? "Ohh The Buckets thread got locked! Why him?? Why me?"? ?confused

I for one am campaigning for it to be re-opened, I find the concept of the thread mildly ammusing and definetly more interesting than some other threads here, open the thread? hihi

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: