Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Axl picture in Tour Photos thread?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl picture in Tour Photos thread?  (Read 8340 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »

As I said, it was my opinion and I still stand by that.

There are other measures that can be taken in the PRIVACY section to block such things if he was that afraid of the picture getting out, just saying.

Found a part of their "TOS" that even states that it isn't private once it is posted, and Facebook itself can use the photos to do whatever they want with it.

Just saying...I know this is like splitting hairs, but if he was that worried about it being out there, he simply shouldn't have it as his main profile picture that ALL the world can see, not just his friends, anyone that manages to stumble upon his Facebook account.

If it was posted saying "All credits, rights go to XXXXX" -- would it have been okay?  Cause even a non-diehard GNR can could find that I'm sure if you do a few searches online and what not.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »

As I said, it was my opinion and I still stand by that.

Yeah, because you don't even want to try to understand...

There are other measures that can be taken in the PRIVACY section to block such things if he was that afraid of the picture getting out, just saying.

What part of "not everybody is like you" didn't you understand?

The Facebook privacy settings are something you have to know about in order to be able to set up properly.

So you guarantee that everybody on Facebook is aware of the earlier mentioned mentality of certain GN'R fans and therefore know how to "protect" their private photos?

I guess I'm stupid because I don't think that. I think that there are people out the on Facebook who aren't aware of all the "w.axl.rose"s and "cotis"'s of the world prowling for Axl photos on Facebook.

Found a part of their "TOS" that even states that it isn't private once it is posted, and Facebook itself can use the photos to do whatever they want with it.

And this relates to being a decent person how?

Just saying...I know this is like splitting hairs, but if he was that worried about it being out there, he simply shouldn't have it as his main profile picture that ALL the world can see, not just his friends, anyone that manages to stumble upon his Facebook account.

Once again, disregard what I say and keep repeating your opinion over and over again.  Roll Eyes

How would you feel if your picture was plastered all over the Internet without your approval?

Oh yeah, you don't let pictures to be spread because you read the Facebook TOS! Which means everybody else is just like you and nobody can be different...

Why not go find some public Axl photo to drool over instead of somebody's personal photo? There's many to choose from.

Problem solved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »

Drool over that photo? I'd much rather find one with some busty blonde to drool over than that one Wink

If I put it up on my Facebook as my profile picture, one that I personally have chosen for people to see, then I'm fine with it. Obviously, if I didn't want it to be seen I wouldn't put it up there. Simple as that.

I'm a decent person, questioning me as a person for wanting to see a photo of Axl is quite childish.

Also, how did I "prowl Facebook" for it? If I'm not mistaken, another person posted it before myself. I just merely was looking for a reason for it being deleted, and I just didn't think that "because I know him and you don't" was a good answer.

I was given a link by another person shortly after I posted this thread, which linked me to the picture. I'm sure if I had the desire to, I could search through Facebook and find more Axl picture's -- but I have neither the time nor desire to do so. I can just look at the tour thread and see what pops up there, before it's deleted of course.

And I don't know the guy, nor will I ever likely. But I still stand by the statement that when you post a picture to be your PUBLIC PICTURE, it's free game.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »

If I put it up on my Facebook as my profile picture, one that I personally have chosen for people to see, then I'm fine with it. Obviously, if I didn't want it to be seen I wouldn't put it up there. Simple as that.

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that maybe not everybody thinks like that?

I don't get it.

Why is that idea so weird to you that you choose to disregard it?

How many times do I need to repeat it until you acknowledge it? Ignoring it won't make you convince me that you're right. Quite the opposite actually.

I'm a decent person, questioning me as a person for wanting to see a photo of Axl is quite childish.

You're giving me lectures on what's childish.That's quite priceless.

Wouldn't you say a child less likely to take into account what he/she is told and then make up their mind instead of disregarding it altogether and repeating "this is what I think!"?

hihi

Also, how did I "prowl Facebook" for it? If I'm not mistaken, another person posted it before myself. I just merely was looking for a reason for it being deleted, and I just didn't think that "because I know him and you don't" was a good answer.

I used the two biggest "supporters" of posting other peoples' photos as examples.

That would be you and your buddy.  Smiley

And I don't know the guy, nor will I ever likely. But I still stand by the statement that when you post a picture to be your PUBLIC PICTURE, it's free game.

And like a child, you keep saying that over and over again while refusing to answer: Do you think everybody thinks like that?

But yeah, I'm the childish one!  ok

Edited to add: I told the guy about how his photo ended up being publicly posted on GN'R message boards and he said he would rather not see it posted. So there you go!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:44:56 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: