Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227836 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  are u superstitious?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: are u superstitious?  (Read 11674 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2005, 02:53:48 AM »

Plus u couldnt name 5 posters on this board who have started more quality threads than I have.

I can! Here is my list of people that have started more quality threads than D? ? ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=mlist
And look I'm right up there at the top

Superstition

1. A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.

2. A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.

3. Idolatry.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2005, 12:23:22 AM »

when I think of magic, I think of card tricks, disappearing acts etc etc

is that superstition?

some of u are also confusing superstition with supernatural

*Izzy* no offense and I think u were joking but Ive probably started 15 to 1 more threads than u have, so just in case u werent joking.....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2005, 03:53:01 AM »

when I think of magic, I think of card tricks, disappearing acts etc etc

is that superstition?

some of u are also confusing superstition with supernatural

Well they are the same thing

An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.
A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.
A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.

Supernatural, superstition, ghosts, zombies - its all the same thing A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance

That really, really is the definition

I don't think its us who are confused.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2005, 04:02:18 AM »

I want to thank all of u cynical dickhead motherfuckers for hijacking my thread and ruining it.

it was suppose to be fun and just interesting to see what people freak out about

but no

some of u have no sense of fun, youre tight stuck up cyncial assholes and I pity the woman who ever dates some of u and im shocked any of u have friends if u act the way u act.

a god damned card trick and knockin on wood after a good fortune IS NOT the same fucking thing.

Im so sick of some of the? whiny pussy ass bullshit on here.

Im off this board until further notice

Id rather have a one post stupid moron fuck than cynical assholes who try to ruin everything for everyone.

I won't be posting for a while and considering how some of you have been acting, Im actually quite excited.

Fuckin ridiculous dude.

Fucking ridiculous

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2005, 05:09:10 AM »

I want to thank all of u cynical dickhead motherfuckers for hijacking my thread and ruining it.

it was suppose to be fun and just interesting to see what people freak out about

but no

some of u have no sense of fun, youre tight stuck up cyncial assholes and I pity the woman who ever dates some of u and im shocked any of u have friends if u act the way u act.

a god damned card trick and knockin on wood after a good fortune IS NOT the same fucking thing.

Id rather have a one post stupid moron fuck than cynical assholes who try to ruin everything for everyone.

I won't be posting for a while and considering how some of you have been acting, Im actually quite excited.

Fuckin ridiculous dude.

Fucking ridiculous

Like the majority would give a fuck if you post or not Smiley

Anyway, get online on msn atleast once in a while

And Izzy, what's your problem?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 05:17:43 AM by Blue Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2005, 09:15:58 AM »

Of course I was fucking joking D, my threads are full of shit. If you press the link Kujo posted you'll see my name is at the top, that's all.
As for leaving the board good idea, I stopped posting for 5 days last week because every one was complaing and new posters were pissing me off, now I feel better

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2005, 09:29:55 AM »

Of course I was fucking joking D, my threads are full of shit. If you press the link Kujo posted you'll see my name is at the top, that's all.
As for leaving the board good idea, I stopped posting for 5 days last week because every one was complaing and new posters were pissing me off, now I feel better

smoking Izzy? smoking
Yeah, I think anyone with the post count of under 380 shouldn't be aloved to post.

This board's mine! Mine!

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »

Actually, D... you are quite misinformed about magic. 

There are two different types of magic.  The type of magic you speak of, which is based on illusion, not actual magic. 

Then there is magic that is used for religious purposes.  Christians call it praying, Pagans call it spellcasting.  It's basically the use of the strength of the mind to make things happen as you will.  The result is magic (for pagans) and miracles (for christians).

Of course, I know there are going to be those that disagree with that... oh well.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2005, 12:10:51 PM »

Actually, D... you are quite misinformed about magic.?

There are two different types of magic.? The type of magic you speak of, which is based on illusion, not actual magic.?

Then there is magic that is used for religious purposes.? Christians call it praying, Pagans call it spellcasting.? It's basically the use of the strength of the mind to make things happen as you will.? The result is magic (for pagans) and miracles (for christians).

Of course, I know there are going to be those that disagree with that... oh well.

I agree with you. Just because we don't know some strange things about life doesn't mean they doesn't exist. It's very selfish to just say without making a search first that those things are crap. This stuff is covered a lot by parapsychology anyway.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »

But since parapsychology is not seen as a science ( even though there is a university chair of parapsychology in edimborough and a school of parapsychology in denmark), many people will disregard anything that even words " magic".

Personally, i am less superstitious than some who don't believe in anything, BUT, i do have stones anc crystals in my house and try to not think of negative things in fear they happen and i try to think of good for others.

The biggest superstition i have is that in fact, thinking things. You know, like that old saying that goes " be careful for what you wish , you could well get it" ?

Nothing to say
MCT
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2005, 02:49:13 PM »

Jeezus Donnie, don't cry!

Cry

But no, I'm with you there big tits... ok

Oh, and try not to kill anybody while you're away.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2005, 03:38:50 PM »

science works through identifying proofs...parapsychology isnt a science because there are no proofs only conjecture...if you cant prove it through experimentation then it dont work shmerlock

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2005, 07:28:58 PM »

science works through identifying proofs...parapsychology isnt a science because there are no proofs only conjecture...if you cant prove it through experimentation then it dont work shmerlock

ja ja...until when einstein...? Grin

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2005, 11:05:10 AM »

but no

Fuckin ridiculous dude.

Fucking ridiculous

I agree with you man, I sometimes tried to make a thread fun and sometimes one thing led to another and at the end a lot of people is debating some other stuff that doesn't even get close to the thread you want it, just be cool man, that means that all people doesn't think the same like you do  ok

No man can be my equal
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »

Not really, but you won't catch me walking under ladders

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2005, 02:34:09 AM »

i ain't superstitious but i know when something's wrong Cool

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print