Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Relationship advice thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationship advice thread  (Read 38201 times)
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »

It's not even worth replying to really. They simply don't get it.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »

I have known many people in my life that were "ugly" not physically but they were so ugly and transparent internally that their outer appearance meant nothing.

Beauty is a combo of traits that encompasses everything. I've talked to girls who normal frat type guys would rate a 10 that u couldn't pay me to date cause they didn't have a lot going on personality wise and were just real empty.

I won't sit here and say outer appearance is meaningless, but I'd take a girl that was a 6 with a 10 personality over a girl that is a 10 with no personality,intelligence etc etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »

^Everyone needs to be loved, she just has a bigger heart and more love to go round, with the lights off of course Tongue

More cushion for the pushin' Wink
more love for the fat guys

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »

I have known many people in my life that were "ugly" not physically but they were so ugly and transparent internally that their outer appearance meant nothing.

That's pretty much where I was going. 

The way some folks around here go on, it just makes ya wonder........
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:08 AM »

That's pretty much where I was going. 

The way some folks around here go on, it just makes ya wonder........

One of the more sensible things said, here, D.

I have to wonder, though....the person who started this topic hasn't said ONE thing the entire time.  Nothing. 

So, how important was it?  Gotten' any good advice, yet? 
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:06 AM »

Lisa, is this less offensive?

Sure, I'm respectful, to people in general, not just the drunk ones.

That doesn't change the fact that being an alcoholic is an health issue. Also it's disgusting. Sure you can die if you cut your wrist when feeling bad, but another bottle of booze will get the job done, too, in the long run.

For crying out loud the average  life expectancy in U.S. will level off or decline, mostly because of (childhood)alcoholism. What's wrong with you, shouldn't this problem being recognized instead of all the hushing and slogans like "I can stop drinking any time I like"? Isn't honesty a virtue anymore?

How is a eating problem different? If a person eats too much and has a problem, I'd hope his friends are there to point that out and trying to help him through?

See, here's the thing. I see a drunk in the AA-meeting I'm thinking "Now, that's great, good for you man!". I might thinks just a little about why the fuck can't he drink normally, but nonetheless, it isn't the easiest thing to get up from the sofa and realize there's a problem with drinking every day, so that guy deserves my support.

Guess what, I don't feel that different if I see a fattie on a diet..

Now again, if I'm seeing a drunk in the ditch, well, it's just sad, maybe I'm narrow minded but if I couldn't be happy in a state like that I can't believe he is either?

Is it fun to be an alcoholic? Is it fun to to have a hangover, having to skip work, to have hard time finding a companion? To have your stomach hurt? I'd say no.

Now, I'm not fond of doing something I don't like and so, I find living in misery spineless, and the burden on healthcare irresponsible.

But people joke about it, else there wouldn't be any drunk jokes around. People joke about gay people, about race and about religion.  I'd say it's easier to cut down drinking than stop being gay.

As far as my looks go. At least I'm not an alcoholic.

Beauty is a combo of traits that encompasses everything. I've talked to girls who normal frat type guys would rate a 10 that u couldn't pay me to date cause they didn't have a lot going on personality wise and were just real empty.

I won't sit here and say outer appearance is meaningless, but I'd take a girl that was a 6 with a 10 personality over a girl that is a 10 with no personality,intelligence etc etc.

Dead on D. But would you take a girl of 2 with a personally of 10?

Everone know what you do a night with a girl of 10 with personally of 2.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 03:53:24 AM »

Lisa, is this less offensive?

Sure, I'm respectful, to people in general, not just the drunk ones.

That doesn't change the fact that being an alcoholic is an health issue. Also it's disgusting. Sure you can die if you cut your wrist when feeling bad, but another bottle of booze will get the job done, too, in the long run.

For crying out loud the average  life expectancy in U.S. will level off or decline, mostly because of (childhood)alcoholism. What's wrong with you, shouldn't this problem being recognized instead of all the hushing and slogans like "I can stop drinking any time I like"? Isn't honesty a virtue anymore?

How is a eating problem different? If a person eats too much and has a problem, I'd hope his friends are there to point that out and trying to help him through?

See, here's the thing. I see a drunk in the AA-meeting I'm thinking "Now, that's great, good for you man!". I might thinks just a little about why the fuck can't he drink normally, but nonetheless, it isn't the easiest thing to get up from the sofa and realize there's a problem with drinking every day, so that guy deserves my support.

Guess what, I don't feel that different if I see a fattie on a diet..

Now again, if I'm seeing a drunk in the ditch, well, it's just sad, maybe I'm narrow minded but if I couldn't be happy in a state like that I can't believe he is either?

Is it fun to be an alcoholic? Is it fun to to have a hangover, having to skip work, to have hard time finding a companion? To have your stomach hurt? I'd say no.

Now, I'm not fond of doing something I don't like and so, I find living in misery spineless, and the burden on healthcare irresponsible.

But people joke about it, else there wouldn't be any drunk jokes around. People joke about gay people, about race and about religion.  I'd say it's easier to cut down drinking than stop being gay.

Quite possibly the strangest argument I've read.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 07:14:15 AM »

The thing that most people don't realize is, eating is a disease.

Telling an overweight person to "stop Eating' is no different than telling a manic depressant to "Cheer up"

Overeating is a disease and most of the time when u see someone that is fat, there are underlying emotional problems that cause that.

Its very rare u will find a happy fat person.  Most fat people have issues and instead of reaching for the bottle or for drugs, they reach for food.

It is still the same concept.

Sex is an addiction as well. People who have problems to cope go out and screw a different girl every night.

everything is related.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 07:35:57 AM »

The thing that most people don't realize is, eating is a disease.

Telling an overweight person to "stop Eating' is no different than telling a manic depressant to "Cheer up"

Overeating is a disease and most of the time when u see someone that is fat, there are underlying emotional problems that cause that.

Its very rare u will find a happy fat person.  Most fat people have issues and instead of reaching for the bottle or for drugs, they reach for food.

It is still the same concept.

Sex is an addiction as well. People who have problems to cope go out and screw a different girl every night.

everything is related.

Sure, it's true for a minority of the overweight.

Or are you, D, telling me that 65% of americans are depressed and 31% have a major depressive disorder? (65 percent of America's adults are overweight and 31 percent of adults are obese and at risk for chronic diseases. Published: Friday, 11-Jun-2004 http://www.news-medical.net).

That just don't add up. (Depression and bipolar illness affect 20 percent of Americans)

Could it be that majority just like the easy living too much? Maybe the majority are too busy to excerise? Maybe, the majority just like junk food?

I mean you can't blame everything on diseases, depression and other things.

Is it such a wild claim that maybe quite a lot of 'em overweight are just too lazy to do anything about it? I mean, if I got a work assigment I don't like to do, I just might forget it and do it tomorrow. Or the day after that, atleast if it isn't urgent.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 07:39:26 AM »

Quite possibly the strangest argument I've read.

You can use it as; "Okay, I'm an alcoholic, but at least I'm not SLC"  ok

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »

WTF does drinking alcohol have to do with having a miserable and ugly personality? Good Christ almighty, I swear some of you people are totally bombed when you post the ridiculous arguments you do.

I love the ones that post the novels and diatribes too...like making it LONGER will make it make more sense. Roll Eyes
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »

@ Sin Cut-you make senseless arguments that are just coverups to insult Americans.  Give it a rest, buddy.

For someone who writes so much you know so very little....

Glass house....live in one maybe?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »

The problem with that Sin Cut is, u don't realize how hard it is for people to change the way they live.

im sure peopel who are fat don't want to be. I know I never liked it very much. But changing the way u have lived your life for so many years isn't as easy as u seem to make it out to be.

Like a guy who is 400 pounds and never exercised in his life is just suppose to jump up one day, throw the food away and automatically know what to do to lose weight.

it isn't an easy thing to do.

So, sure, not everyone is depressed that is fat. I was saying that for a lot of people, there are underlying problems and it isn't as simple as "This guy is lazy and a slob" sure some people are just like that but I'd say more than you would think have real issues.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »

Glass house....live in one maybe?

That's the point!!! Ding dong, we have a winner.

You can use it as; "Okay, I'm an alcoholic, but at least I'm not SLC"  ok

Still makes no sense.

The problem with that Sin Cut is, u don't realize how hard it is for people to change the way they live.

That still isn't the point. The point is that you shouldn't be such a harsh critic of others, especially in regards to looks (or really anything else.) There but for the grace of God go I and all that...

The bottom line is that they act like this because they are still boys.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:27:17 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:54 PM »

don't be so hard on him, he can't help being finnish
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »

Says the jealous Swede.

Tongue

Idiots can be found everywhere. It's got nothing to do with race, nationality, age, gender, education, sexual orientation....

Something to think about to those who "love Nordic women" only or whatever.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2009, 06:27:08 PM »

Says the jealous Swede.

Tongue

Idiots can be found everywhere. It's got nothing to do with race, nationality, age, gender, education, sexual orientation....

Something to think about to those who "love Nordic women" only or whatever.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

o so true

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »

My best advice on women came in my first year of professional work.  I asked this old, retired Navy fellow who had been everywhere in the world where I could find the most beautiful women.  He told me...and I'll always remember the words of this physically hobbled but mentally sharp sage..."Oh, just turn 'em over and they all look the same."

Sorry, some may find that offensive, but my God I find it hilarious.   rofl

D makes some great points about internal vs. external beauty.  That said, Sin Cut makes a great point when considering perspective.  It's all about how the guy or girl sees it.  Are they looking for one-night stands...a guy or girl they can have some fun with?  I'm no "player," but from what I have gathered by observation, Sin Cut is right when he says the "physical-10's, personality-2's" are going to be targets compared to "physical-2's, personality-10's."
That's just reality.

It gets dicier when talking long-term, committed relationships.  Obviously the personality becomes much more important over time.

Now I didn't look back to see how the whole fat topic got started up...the cause of obesity is multi-factorial.  Americans are not more genetically prone to obesity than any other nation's people.  This is a very diverse country.  Do Americans have more emotional issues to deal with than other nations' peoples?  Nah.  Is obesity sweeping the world as the American lifestyle spreads the globe?  Oh yeah. 

There's more cheap, sweet shit to eat nowadays.  Tv commercials here in the States (for parents lazy enough to let their kids get mindfucked by the food industries) are geared to exploit children.  We bring 'em up eating shit, so why do we expect them to stop eating shit when they are adults?  The food industry isn't stupid.

Call me a horrible person, but I agree with Sin Cut to a certain extent.  With the exception of a very small minority, obese people are making their own bad decisions.  Their decisions do result in staggering health care costs for those making the right choices. 
 peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »

You guys remember the movie "Shallow Hal" with Jack Black?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 02:07:06 AM »

WTF does drinking alcohol have to do with having a miserable and ugly personality? Good Christ almighty, I swear some of you people are totally bombed when you post the ridiculous arguments you do.

I love the ones that post the novels and diatribes too...like making it LONGER will make it make more sense. Roll Eyes

nothing. It's just if I have a comment on obesity it's insulting whatever the commenbt is  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: