Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:55:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Ovechkin-NHL video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ovechkin-NHL video  (Read 7267 times)
Always
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 17, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3957094422427700341

This guy is awsome.  Shocked
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »

He's nicer off the ice, more physical, has more goals, and more points than that douchebag primadonna pile of shit Sidney Crosby.

This guy deserves the Calder.

That "amazing" goal vs. Phoenix was still an assload of luck though.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 02:00:50 AM »

Fuck off Duffman, Crosby is fucking ridiculous.  Alex will win the Calder, but the primadonna label on Sid the Kid is a joke.  The guy is a gamer and gives his all every night.  you'd be pissed off if you were on the Penguins too.  Cut him some slack, he is the future of the NHL.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:05:30 AM »

... that douchebag primadonna pile of shit Sidney Crosby.

awww... you were the guy who didn't get his autograph, right?

Just get over it.

But I do think that Ovechkin will get the Calder if nothing dramatic happens.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »

It's more than the whole autograph thing.  Crosby needs to quit whining and play the damn game.  Remember his whole war of words with Forsberg over who's a bigger diver?  You're a rookie, just shut up and play.  I don't give a shit that people think you're the next big thing, you hold no standing in this league.  Gretzky has 900 goals, you have less than 50.  Stop trying to act like you somehow are on equal footing with the all-time greats until you've proven something.

Last, I'd also like to add this quote from Daniel Alfredsson, talking about Ovechkin and taking a swipe at the Pittsburgh Primadonna:  "If he gets hit, he gets up and keeps playing. Not like that other rookie who starts crying.''

So I'm not the only one out there who hates the guy, and for reasons other than his off-ice attitude.

And for the record, I'm a Penguins fan.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:15:24 PM »

I've never read anything like that from any media source. That being said, we don't get any full NHL games here (if one doesn't get canal+ or similar channels), so I can't judge the guy from a few highlight reels. The only sources I've gone by, are the Finnish newspapers, the websites nhl.com, espn.com and the official sites of both the home, and the visiting team (whoever it was the Pens played that night). And none of those have ever mentioned something like this (as far as I've noticed). There are some good fanmade sites too, but to find a site that would be impartial is almost impossible, and don't even get me started on messageboards. From what I've seen, Sid hasn't been taking as much penalties as he did early in the season. It could be that the media coverage is very different from the one over there, but I really haven't seen anything to back your claim up, except for his high penalty minutes at one point in the season.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »

For proof of the Alfredsson quote, I direct you here: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2006/03/18/1494265-sun.html

Scroll to the bottom, T's quote of the week.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »

Well, they have played against each other 6 times, so I do give you that Daniel most certainly doesn't like the guy... But he's a swede, so what does he know.. Smiley

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:56:35 AM »

But he's a swede, so what does he know.. Smiley

Good point.  Grin

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 10:11:08 PM »

After watching the 2005 World Juniors, I thought Ovechkin was a pussy. He got hit a few times in the Canada/Russia game and sulked off and quit playing. However, at some point during then and his NHL debut, he became a man. He hits, he gets hit, he puts points up. He's playing like a pro. Ovechkin should be the Calder winner, no question.

Crosby will never amount to anything.

For references see, Wes Walz who was the next Cam Neely, Alex Daigle who was the next God and Eric Lindros who was gonna break all Gretzky's records All 3 of their careers don't even come close to being half as good as Gretzky was.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 01:16:58 AM »

Crosby will never amount to anything.

For references see, Wes Walz who was the next Cam Neely, Alex Daigle who was the next God and Eric Lindros who was gonna break all Gretzky's records All 3 of their careers don't even come close to being half as good as Gretzky was.

That's what you base your opinion on?? 'because others haven't been able to do it, he can't have an excellent career either?' right.

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »

Are you from Canada? If not, you wouldn't have the exposure to all these kids that crop up every few years that are gonna be the next greatest thing ever. They never meet their expectations. Crosby needs to get a lot tougher before he does anything.

We will see, but I am predicting Crosby won't come close to meeting his expectations.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »

awesome video ok and funny crosby pic hihi

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 05:21:12 PM »

Ovechkin is a helluva player, but I'd pick King Henrik (Lundqvist) for the Calder.  Of course I'm probably a little biased.  However, Lundqvist is doing it for a winning team, in a very pressure-filled situation.  Playing goalie in New York isn't an easy thing for anyone.  For a rookie to show such poise and maturity in net is amazing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: