Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 555809 times)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1080 on: October 12, 2008, 11:34:07 AM »

Call Kurt Loder.  Cool

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1081 on: October 12, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »

I think it's coming out in November. At the least I'd expect GNR to say something tomorrow. I mean this has gone on for a good 2 weeks now.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1082 on: October 12, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »

The BBC are reputed for their reliability and honesty. Is this official?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7662833.stm

i don't think cause their info is "according to Billboard magazine" so it is not official.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1083 on: October 12, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »

it will be official only when it will come from an official source, as Universal, GNR management, Axl himself.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1084 on: October 12, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

i don't think cause their info is "according to Billboard magazine" so it is not official.

Billboard is official in my books. GNR would have definitely shot this down by now, are you kidding me? lol They'll make an announcement soon.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1085 on: October 12, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

Billboard is official in my books. GNR would have definitely shot this down by now, are you kidding me? lol They'll make an announcement soon.

I agree, but this is GNR. I'll believe it when I see it. As Mysteron said: "The plan, for now, is 23:rd Nov.". Plans change...

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #1086 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »

I'm glad he didn't use the word 'tentative' though.
vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1087 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:30 PM »

lol
i agree but why universal does not make an official announcement ?

maybe they are waiting my birthday (oct, 15th)  Grin Cool
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1088 on: October 12, 2008, 01:15:12 PM »

Well if they are waiting for birthdays to make announcements, mine is tomorrow.  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #1089 on: October 12, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »

interesting........ hihi

FasterLouder has received confirmation from Universal Music Australia that it is indeed on its way, although an exact release date has not been set.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/15258/Date-set-for-Chinese-Democracy-.htm

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1090 on: October 12, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

FasterLouder has received confirmation from Universal Music Australia that it is indeed on its way, although an exact release date has not been set.

That's been my point all along....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #1091 on: October 12, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »

I think we will hear something about the release date the next days....soon Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
gav
« Reply #1092 on: October 12, 2008, 01:57:37 PM »

^I'm thinking around Halloween myself....

Gnr fans and the media are creating their own buzz at the minute....confirmation from gnr at around the start of November would maintain a buzz which inevitably would have begun to wain by then...and then bang...3 weeks later we have CD
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1093 on: October 12, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

Best Buy thankful for Guns 'N' Roses

Music retailer to exclusively offer 'Democracy'

By PHIL GALLO

Best Buy plans to take full advantage of Thanksgiving-week shopping sprees, assigning a Sunday release date for Guns 'N' Roses' first album in 15 years.

"Chinese Democracy," which GNR leader Axl Rose started work on more than 10 years ago, is slated for an exclusive release Nov. 23 at the big-box retailer.

Best Buy reports sales to SoundScan on a Sunday-Saturday week, which means the release will debut with a full seven-day tally; most albums are released on Tuesdays and first-week sales reports are for five days.

Thanksgiving is historically the best time for superstar releases, and high expectations have been pinned on the long-gestating "Chinese Democracy," which Interscope is releasing.

The Tuesday before the 23rd, Nov. 18, will see a deluge of superstar discs, led by Nickelback's "Dark Horse" and the rock debut from "American Idol" winner David Cook. The Killers' "Day and Age" will be released Nov. 25. It's possible the Nielsen SoundScan report for the week ending Nov. 30 will have a very rare list of rock albums in the top three slots.

In only one week this year has any release topped 1 million in sales -- Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" -- and GNR, Nickelback and Beyonce appear to be the three candidates in line to add to that list. Their three albums are likely to top 2 million in sales by year's end.

GNR fans will get their first taste of the band's new material as the "Shackler's Revenge" track appears in the "Rock Band 2" videogame and "If the World" plays over the credits in the Ridley Scott thriller "Body of Lies."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117993797.html?categoryid=2525&cs=1

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1094 on: October 12, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »

Well if its in Variety then the waiting is finally over!

Jonx
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1095 on: October 12, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »

"Their three albums are likely to top 2 million in sales by year's end."

a bit optimistic but I hope it pans out. Cool

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1096 on: October 12, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

Mysteron...Can we expect an official confirmation for 11/23 soon?  Hope there are no unforeseen holdups that are hindering this.   yes
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1097 on: October 12, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »

I don't know about there being holdups, but instinct tells me the longer they can keep this under wraps, the better off the announcement and launch of the album will be.  As always, I remain cautiously optimistic.      beer
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1098 on: October 12, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

I don't know about there being holdups, but instinct tells me the longer they can keep this under wraps, the better off the announcement and launch of the album will be.  As always, I remain cautiously optimistic.      beer

This makes the most sense to me. There is A LOT of smoke this time around. If this stuff was way out of left field, and not based on some factual information, the band would have squashed it a long time ago.

Off topic: Hooray for my 500th post!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
ben9785
« Reply #1099 on: October 12, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »

Best Buy thankful for Guns 'N' Roses

Music retailer to exclusively offer 'Democracy'

By PHIL GALLO

Best Buy plans to take full advantage of Thanksgiving-week shopping sprees, assigning a Sunday release date for Guns 'N' Roses' first album in 15 years.

"Chinese Democracy," which GNR leader Axl Rose started work on more than 10 years ago, is slated for an exclusive release Nov. 23 at the big-box retailer.

Best Buy reports sales to SoundScan on a Sunday-Saturday week, which means the release will debut with a full seven-day tally; most albums are released on Tuesdays and first-week sales reports are for five days.

Thanksgiving is historically the best time for superstar releases, and high expectations have been pinned on the long-gestating "Chinese Democracy," which Interscope is releasing.

The Tuesday before the 23rd, Nov. 18, will see a deluge of superstar discs, led by Nickelback's "Dark Horse" and the rock debut from "American Idol" winner David Cook. The Killers' "Day and Age" will be released Nov. 25. It's possible the Nielsen SoundScan report for the week ending Nov. 30 will have a very rare list of rock albums in the top three slots.

In only one week this year has any release topped 1 million in sales -- Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" -- and GNR, Nickelback and Beyonce appear to be the three candidates in line to add to that list. Their three albums are likely to top 2 million in sales by year's end.

GNR fans will get their first taste of the band's new material as the "Shackler's Revenge" track appears in the "Rock Band 2" videogame and "If the World" plays over the credits in the Ridley Scott thriller "Body of Lies."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117993797.html?categoryid=2525&cs=1

They seem fairly confident about the release date as if they got direct confirmation from Best Buy?

I don't think i've misssed any official announcement have I?

It's the same reports being circulated by different media publications..
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: