Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  If you could choose one dead rock star to still be alive who would it be?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you could choose one dead rock star to still be alive who would it be?  (Read 15199 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2004, 09:26:14 AM »

Freddie Mercury definatly. They don't make people like him anymore. Same with Lennon but Freddie was just amazing. (all you NON Queen/Freddie fans will find this out if you buy the forthcoming Live Aid dvd. Watch Queen's performance and you will be converted).
When is that DVD coming?

No man can be my equal
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 08:12:32 AM »

Jeff Buckley.  Although technically he wasn't a star, and he wasn't really rock, but he probably made better music than all the other people mentioned so far.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2004, 05:56:55 AM »

Jimi Hendrix followed by Freddie Mercury.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2004, 07:56:17 PM »

Jeff Buckley.? Although technically he wasn't a star, and he wasn't really rock, but he probably made better music than all the other people mentioned so far.

Jeff Buckley was the greatest loss to music in the last 25 years. An otherworldly talent, the precious little music he left behind was truly in a league of it's own - anyone who hasn't heard/heard of this guy, do yourself a favour and get yerself a copy of 'Grace'  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »

The Live Aid DVD is due early November in the U.K. Think it could be out now in the U.S.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2004, 04:34:06 PM »

I love to see...

Freddy Mucury
John Lennon
Hendrix

I would say Cobain but nirvana was fading out before his death any way and what Kurt be doing now I can only imagine

EEEERRRR Little boy
Brighty
Opening Act

jobby

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2004, 09:55:23 PM »

keith Moon he was really trying to clean up his act before he died and still ahd a lust for life, greatest rock drummer ever.

Also Brain Jones for similar reasons.

just because its brown doesnt mean its shite
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2004, 02:12:04 PM »

Agree with above poster for Layne Staley. hat band was so good, and yet, so underrated and overshadowed. Even after his death, I haven't seen much extensive coverage. Rarely do I ever hear his name mentioned on the anniversary of his death...what a shame.? I'm not sure if it would be possible for Layne Staley to overcome heroin. Apparently, there is a book by some woman who claims to be the last person to interview Layne Staley (over the phone) while he lived in his apartment, and judging by those interviews, It would take no less than a miracle.

If Im not mistaken, Shannon Hoon died of a cocaine or heroin overdose while the band was on tour sometime in 94, or 95 Im not completely sure about the year. But I guess the morning of a show, the band found him lifeless in his tour bus I believe.

That's correct, they found him in the tour bus just hours before a show on October 21, 1995. It was a cocaine overdose. Just three months after his daughter Nico Blue was born? Cry

I can't believe that he's gone. He died so young, and had so much more to offer. If there is someone here who hasn't listened to Blind Melon yet...well, you really should.

Yeah, I believe on pop-up video, they say that the band has actually hired a bodyguard to make sure Hoon doesn't OD and that very shortly after, he died.

Stevens (guitar): "This big, huge guy, and his job was to keep drug people away from Shannon."

Thorn (guitar): Shannon's in the back of the bus doing drugs, and the guy's up front, taking up room in the bus. We were like, this is stupid."

so they sent him packing, hoping that Shannon's binge would soon end and things would return to normal.

on topic, Shannon Hoon, easily. RIP man Cry

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2004, 03:45:11 PM »

Layne Staley, John Bonham and Shanon Hoon

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2004, 05:14:09 PM »

Has anyone mentioned brad from sublime? He would be on my short list. I thought he was cool, made good music.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »

Ronnie Vant Zant...Lynyrd Skynyrd is a very underated band

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2004, 05:17:31 PM »

Freddie Mercury, without a doubt. I never got to see Queen live, and it's one of my biggest regrets. I haven't seen GN'R live yet either, so I'm hoping that Axl doesn't suddenly expire on us...

SG
The Convict
Opening Act

A-Ha Shake Heartbreak

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2004, 06:13:39 AM »

Cliff Burton.

+ That Boy's No Different Today - Except In Every Single Way +
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2004, 01:18:35 PM »

Easy: John "Bonzo" Bonhom and Led Zeppelin would have ruled the world after 1980... Cool

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2004, 02:41:52 PM »

Toss up between Randy Rhodes and Jim Morrison, Ultimately, I would probably choose Randy if I couldn't have both of them...

Although he isn't technically a "rock star", another one I'd like to still be alive is West Arkeen.

I wouldn't wish Kurt Cobain to come back, although I was heartbroken when he died, because he was an amazing artist.  But I think he has finally found peace.  Whether Courtney actually pulled the trigger, I believe that death was his escape from that bitch.  Peace at last.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2004, 12:23:12 AM »

i read a post where someone said cliff burton so it wouldve stopped metallica's slide into shitdom.

cliff wouldnt have stopped that for it was james and lars who wrote most of the material, u cant blame jason newsted surely for metallicas slide into shit.

number 1 would be Tupac Shakur, this man was more than an artist,rapper,actor, he was an inspiration and a truly great poet/rapper his song "changes" still gives me goosebumps.

i would like to have Kurt Cobain still alive or Elvis Presley also buddy holly/ritchie valens
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 12:25:42 AM by WHITE TOAST » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jgfnsr
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2004, 08:02:21 PM »

Don't waste your choice on Cobain.

Even if you could bring him back, I'd kill him myself.
.:MrsRose:.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Jokke:D
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »

John Lennon, and if I still had resurrection powers, George Harrison... I'd love to reunite The Beatles.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2006, 01:03:22 AM »

freddie mercury definitley. i think we've lost tons of great music because he died. queen would've kicked everybody's ass if freddie would've been here still

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: