Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LA TIMES YOUR BIAS IS SHOWING!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LA TIMES YOUR BIAS IS SHOWING!  (Read 3579 times)
strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« on: November 27, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/11/da-man-sang-guns-n-roses-song-before-killing-ex-girlfriend.html

Man kills girlfriend while singing a Guns n Roses song....really? Guns n Roses was NOT responsible for that lunatic...but it makes for a "good" story. I swear, makes me sick!

"This is one of most evil things I've ever done"--Axl referring to his "Halloween Tree" on Jimmy Kimmel
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/11/da-man-sang-guns-n-roses-song-before-killing-ex-girlfriend.html

Man kills girlfriend while singing a Guns n Roses song....really? Guns n Roses was NOT responsible for that lunatic...but it makes for a "good" story. I swear, makes me sick!

I could see your anger. But they don't allege the murder had anything to do with the song. There is only mention of it in the headline and lede. They don't mention it again. The headline is obviously designed to get hits by mentioning guns n roses. But i don't think there is any bias. If he was listening to Justin Bieber while killing someone it would still be reported.  rofl

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

It's actually not the first time this has made the news. A few years back, (I forget where exactly) it was even brought up in court that the dude had just recently downloaded UTLH. hahaha.

Axl is God.
strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »

I could see your anger. But they don't allege the murder had anything to do with the song. There is only mention of it in the headline and lede. They don't mention it again. The headline is obviously designed to get hits by mentioning guns n roses. But i don't think there is any bias. If he was listening to Justin Bieber while killing someone it would still be reported.  rofl
no but they USE GnR for the friggin attention and headline.as you said. The problem with that is you have a lot of emptyheaded adults who will, as before, fault GnR, and for what? It's stupid. Sorry, I know it sounds like I'm making something out of nothin but I hate to see them be used....for a headline or otherwise.

"This is one of most evil things I've ever done"--Axl referring to his "Halloween Tree" on Jimmy Kimmel
strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

It's actually not the first time this has made the news. A few years back, (I forget where exactly) it was even brought up in court that the dude had just recently downloaded UTLH. hahaha.
yup, yup. I believe I remember the time you're talking about. If they could doit here, they would.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »

They are creating an association.

Remember that Tipper Gore and co is repsonsible for shootings/deaths due to unauthorized promotion of rockbands. Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »

They are creating an association.

The association is an after effect of what they did in using guns in their headline but that was not their intention at all. The LA times doesn't care what you think in this case, they just want more hits. Someone murdering someone isn't national news. Someone murdering someone while listening to a major rock band, unfortunately, is national news. People will click those stories and that is what they want. To turn what would normally be a rather mundane news article into an interesting one. But they don't create the news, they just report it and having a major rock bands music played during a murder makes it news.

I'm with you guys. Its total b.s. they do this but its not uncommon or from any type of bias from the LA Times. Its their job. People decided that crap like this was news worthy a long time ago. We just have to ignore this shit.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »

Print media is dying out and they are basically relying on website hits at this point. "Man kills ex" won't get clicked on as much as "man kills ex singing GNR" will.

Also, I believe if you write a song with provocative lyrics (UTLH, One in a Million, GITR, etc.) you have to accept the good and bad attention that brings. Not always fair but it's the way it is.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »

The association is an after effect of what they did in using guns in their headline but that was not their intention at all.

Well, considering rockbands (and also videogames) been (wrongfully) connected to shootings and suicides before I think LA-times could be more carefull at least.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

Print media is dying out and they are basically relying on website hits at this point. "Man kills ex" won't get clicked on as much as "man kills ex singing GNR" will.

Also, I believe if you write a song with provocatie lyrics (UTLH, One in a Million, GITR, etc.) you have to accept the good and bad attention that brings. Not always fair but it's the way it is.
I accept what you're saying, but interestingly enough you mention good AND bad attention. Honestly, the only people who give those songs any traction at all are the fans. If I were a non-fan of a group, I could listen to a controversial song and think It's righteous in its own right. I don't have to badmouth it or criticize it, and that's the ONLY thing these songs have garnered from non-fans, criticism, and I think that's wrong. People should at least try to be more open-minded and not try to attach a negative sentiment to something just because they deem it to be a certain thing.  Attaching UTLH to a crime just because of what it says speaks of immeasurable ignorance on the part of the person who wrote the article. Obviously they know nothing about the roots of that song. Ok...I'm done....and i hate stupidity. Hope I was clear with what I said. confused

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »

GNR shouldn't be mentioned in the headline. It's fine if it's in the article. I'm sure it showed up on Axl's radar, or will at some point. Prob. cancelled his subscription.

strictlyaxlsgrrl1976
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »

GNR shouldn't be mentioned in the headline. It's fine if it's in the article. I'm sure it showed up on Axl's radar, or will at some point. Prob. cancelled his subscription.

His n I'm sure Beta's radar, and he should cancel if in fact he has a subscription.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: