Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Candy Cigarettes: Should they be banned???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Candy Cigarettes: Should they be banned???  (Read 6284 times)
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57561159-504083/candy-cigarettes-bring-warning-for-st-paul-sweet-shop-owner/

December 28, 2012 5:31 PM PrintText "Candy cigarettes" bring warning for St. Paul sweet shop owner

A St. Paul, Minn., sweet shop has been warned to stop selling "candy cigarettes" and other tobacco-themed treats, or risk a fine.
CBS Minnesota (CBS/AP) ST. PAUL, Minn. - Owners of an old-school soda shop in St. Paul, Minn., are being warned to quit the habit of selling their popular novelty candy cigarettes.

City inspectors threatened a misdemeanor citation and $500 fine if Lynden's soda fountain is caught selling the fake smokes again. The Star Tribune reported Wednesday that the offering violated an ordinance barring the sale of candy smokes and cartoon character lighters.

A city spokesman says the warning came after inspectors received and looked into a complaint about the presence of the tobacco-themed products. The ordinance was enacted to discourage youngsters from picking up a real smoking habit.

According to CBS Minnesota, the news was a surprise to owner Tobi Lynden, who opened the shop last April. She says the candy cigarettes were best sellers and mostly purchased by adults.

"We're a tiny little soda fountain shop that specializes in vintage candies and vintage sodas," Lynden said. "We never had any issues with it. People were always happy to see them."

In addition to the candy cigarettes, the inspector removed the Big League Chew and the bubble gum cigars, CBS Minnesota reports.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »

Oh great, now the price of candy cigarettes is gonna sky-rocket!   hihi

btw, the concept of candy cigarettes is pretty bad if ya think about it.
Don't get me wrong, I've eaten my share of them (and did not develop a smoking habit) and enjoyed their sugary badness immensely.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:50 PM »

no - loved those things as a child.

I don't smoke now.

but still enjoy the occasional candy cigarette.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »

Absolutely not! when I was a kid in the 80's these candies were lots of fun. They used to come in boxes that looked like real cigarette packages. I never developed a smoking habit from these candies. Never smoked.  ok  peace
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:25:28 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »

I smoke.  Start taking the quit smoking pill today.  We'll see, quitting is kind of like taking away your will to live.  I don't think candy cigs would help with this.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

One of my cars blew the engine.  Do they make chocolate candy cigs?  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »

So it's been a while since I've had a smoke.  I think about it but I'm not scheduled to run into temptation again until Saturday.  Yeah I'll give in but I can wait until then.  So I wasn't expecting to run across any number of those misplaced packs I've got every where.  Only two in it, but I can't just throw them away, into my purse it goes.

And because I've got them, I'm going to light up on my way home but I'll only smoke half.  (I have junkie thinking.)  Oh yeah it's stale, big time.  Convince myself this is no good and I might as well just stop.  But I've already taken the ash tray out of the car and while I don't like throwing butts out the window it's my only option.  But I'm not going to let anyone see me do it.  Look in my rear view and Sister Sandy is behind me.  No way am I throwing it out in front of a nun!

Normally this lady drives like a bat out of hell.  She's blown past me any number of times but not today.  She's seen my car.  Who in this business doesn't know my car?  She follows me till the cigarette has almost burned into the filter.  You know, I'm just screwed on this whole smoke.  And I still have one in my purse.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »

It has very very little influence on kids taking up smoking. I can't say zero because there's prob. 1 in a billion that said it was their gateway.

Bad boys influenced smoking in real life, in movies, and in music. It can't be denied because there's guitarists who have said that thought it looked cool to emulate Page and EVH (and prob. Slash) by using their headstock as a cigarette holder.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »

I did not know they still were around. Assumed they already were banned.

But no, they should not be banned.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

I did not know they still were around. Assumed they already were banned.

But no, they should not be banned.

I agree, it shouldn't be banned and thats coming from me who thinks smokers should be imprisoned and not allowed to vote.    hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »

Dj's hanging with Dizzy tonight.  Who I'd hang with if I wanted to bum a smoke.  That's junkie thinking for you.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: