Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:44:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Italian members, I need your help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian members, I need your help!  (Read 2363 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« on: January 09, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »

Ciao! Cheesy

I'm brazilian and I want to learn Italian. It should be "easy" provided Italian and Portuguese have the same roots. The thing is: I have NO PATIENCE at all to go to those language classes. I'm an English teacher and that is enough of that classroom routine for me! hihi

I learned English by listening to Guns N' Roses when I was 12-ish and I was thinking about using the same strategy to learn Italian: start off with music and, then, go into grammar books. I find it a good idea because it helps you to get acquainted to the sounds and rhythms of your target language.

So, here is the question: I need some names of artists/bands that sing in Italian. My knowledge of these artists ends with Pavarotti and Laura Pausini...

Last night I went after some names (thank you google!) and I found some good things, like Adriano Celentano, Francesco de Gregori (This guy has a crazy ass long catalog!!!), Gianluca Grignani, Giana Nannini, Irene Grandi and Lucio Battisti. I get they must be some pretty standard popular acts in Italy, but I liked some things I listened!

But I would like to know more, so... se un buon amico mi pu? aiutare, grazie! Grin

gnrfan1797
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:52:09 AM »

Ciao! Cheesy

I'm brazilian and I want to learn Italian. It should be "easy" provided Italian and Portuguese have the same roots. The thing is: I have NO PATIENCE at all to go to those language classes. I'm an English teacher and that is enough of that classroom routine for me! hihi

I learned English by listening to Guns N' Roses when I was 12-ish and I was thinking about using the same strategy to learn Italian: start off with music and, then, go into grammar books. I find it a good idea because it helps you to get acquainted to the sounds and rhythms of your target language.

So, here is the question: I need some names of artists/bands that sing in Italian. My knowledge of these artists ends with Pavarotti and Laura Pausini...

Last night I went after some names (thank you google!) and I found some good things, like Adriano Celentano, Francesco de Gregori (This guy has a crazy ass long catalog!!!), Gianluca Grignani, Giana Nannini, Irene Grandi and Lucio Battisti. I get they must be some pretty standard popular acts in Italy, but I liked some things I listened!

But I would like to know more, so... se un buon amico mi pu? aiutare, grazie! Grin

rosetta stone works great. Try that!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:08:09 PM »

Eros Ramazzotti?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »

I am always so impressed by how all other countries are pretty much multilingual while us Americans can only speak our native tongue.  Good luck to you, I wish I could do the same thing haha. 
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »

I am always so impressed by how all other countries are pretty much multilingual while us Americans can only speak our native tongue.  Good luck to you, I wish I could do the same thing haha. 

Thanks!

The other day there was a post on Guns N' Roses Italia fanpage on FB written in Italian (they usually post in English) and I understood most of it! It was a small victory! hihi

If you would like to learn portuguese, count me in! ok

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: