Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?  (Read 16694 times)
Jonathan
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 05:20:04 PM »

No offense guys, but when was the last good news? Or even the last update concerning the album? I am a huge fan as much as any of you, but I'm realistic too. To me nothing has been going since Dec. 5, 2002. Almost 3 years ago. That may have been (very) different if they showed up for RIR4 - Buckethead or not. I just keep my fingers crossed that 2006 will be the year.

Finally.. That was the answer I was looking for..
conny
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 05:29:43 PM »

The problem is not what is happening or not happening.

The problem is the lack of communication.

That's what pisses people off and make them leave what they think is a sinking ship.

AND THE BAND KNOWS THAT!!!

And that's the one thing that really pisses me off, too - the one thing I just don't understand. To a certain point, it's got that mystique factor about it (the silence and all), but by now it's just one big slap in the face of the fans.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 05:43:43 PM »

To a certain point, it's got that mystique factor about it (the silence and all), but by now it's just one big slap in the face of the fans.

Good point Conny, I've always found Axl an intriguing character but the mystique factor concerning the album has definately worn off to a great degree.  It's to the point of release the damn thing already and let's see if he's got the creative wherewithall to justify the time
it took to make the thing.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »

To a certain point, it's got that mystique factor about it (the silence and all), but by now it's just one big slap in the face of the fans.

Good point Conny, I've always found Axl an intriguing character but the mystique factor concerning the album has definately worn off to a great degree.? It's to the point of release the damn thing already and let's see if he's got the creative wherewithall to justify the time
it took to make the thing.

Same here.  the mysticism of Axl Rose for a long time has been in his favor.  But now it seems that it's become a punchline which is a shame.  If this album was released 2 or 3 years ago, he could of been pegged as the savior of rock and roll.  Every year we don't get CD, the less likely that will happen.

misterbrownstone
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 09:49:58 PM »

I dont see this terminology used for Axl very often, but thinking back to my highschool days when we studied tragic heroes in English class, Axl continues tp fit the mold perfectly. If I remember, a tragic hero is a unique human being who has the intelligence and gifts to achieve and rise to greatness, but unfortunately his tragic flaw leads to his downfall. Im sure everyone has their own interpretation for Axl's tragic flaw, but to me its that his music aspirations and goals far exceed his boundaries and capabilities to the point where the timetable of this project grows day by day, yet Axl contunues to persue that masterpiece material that collects in the back of his mind, no matter how hard it will be to not just write but complete in its entirety.
i just wrote an essay about that.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 09:56:03 PM »

There is some really honest posts in this thread. No sugarcoating here! hihi I've noticed that more people are looking at CD in a more realistic way. Even people who always put me down for being realistic are starting to feel the same way. In the beginning,the wait was kinda cool. Then it became mysterious. Then it became a pop culture joke and was kinda funny. Now its just pathetic. I think the only thing holding the wait together is the bond we have with each other at these forums. I've thought of "moving on" and forgetting about this whole thing, but I enjoy talking to you guys about this whole thing, and it helps ease the frustrations a little bit. Do you guys ever feel that way?

misterbrownstone
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »

There is some really honest posts in this thread. No sugarcoating here! hihi I've noticed that more people are looking at CD in a more realistic way. Even people who always put me down for being realistic are starting to feel the same way. In the beginning,the wait was kinda cool. Then it became mysterious. Then it became a pop culture joke and was kinda funny. Now its just pathetic. I think the only thing holding the wait together is the bond we have with each other at these forums. I've thought of "moving on" and forgetting about this whole thing, but I enjoy talking to you guys about this whole thing, and it helps ease the frustrations a little bit. Do you guys ever feel that way?
yea.  i dunno.  i believe we'll see it soon.  but all these rumors about sanutuary selling out and GH2 sure aren't making things better
badapple81
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 10:01:02 PM »

I've had faith in Axl for years, so I'm not going to stop now. I can't help but feel a little downbeat about it all at the moment though. I had hoped that the recent lack of news was the calm before the storm, but now I don't really know what to think.

I mean I know where legalities are concerned, you can't give out too much info, but if the hold ups were for legal reasons, surely it's okay to say "the album is just awaiting conclusion of some legal issues".. especially at a time Axl is copping so much and many of the fans seem to be losing a little of their faith. That's why I don't believe the hold up is due to legal issues. The record company know how much they could make out of this, they would do everything they could to ensure this is released.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08:48 PM »

He missed his opportunity after the RIO gig, when people were interested. Even after the sub-par performance at the MTV thing (madagascar was still good) he had a big opportunity.

The one thing I think of when I think of Axl is: what a waste.

I'm sure he has some kind of "plan" on releasing it. But he has absoloutely no momentum to take it anywhere. He actually shot himself in the foot and has to overcome the debacle of 2002 to make this album a success.

The least he could do, even for himself, is to release a single, maybe an album, or something on his website to generate interest. Even among the fans.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
conny
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 10:42:17 PM »

...but I enjoy talking to you guys about this whole thing, and it helps ease the frustrations a little bit. Do you guys ever feel that way?

Yeah, it's the "anonymous GN'R fans" self-aid group.

"Hello, my name is Conny, and I'm a GN'R fan."   crying

beer

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2005, 12:56:14 AM »

nice point James

Ive noticed the same and have been ready to give up entirely quite recently
its the debates and discussions here that keep it interesting and it's notable that even some opf Axls staunchest supporters seem to be taking quite a realistic view of it now

Ive been saying it for a while now - it seems such a shame that such a great talent has squandered what should have been the best years of his career in seclusion

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
shaun
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2005, 03:03:05 AM »

Realistically speaking, does one really know?  Grin
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2005, 03:14:47 AM »

Tommy said he was only doing the gig for a couple of shows, last I heard. the guy's gotta eat after all.

I think Axl is feeding him quite well..  Wink
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2005, 03:46:00 AM »

I've thought of "moving on" and forgetting about this whole thing, but I enjoy talking to you guys about this whole thing, and it helps ease the frustrations a little bit. Do you guys ever feel that way?

No.. sorry James.. im not homosexual.. and I don't look for security and friends on a GN'R forum. Haha! Jk bro. I totally understand. Even though I haven't been here a fourth an 8th as long as you I've already felt like giving up on the album.. but what eles would I do online? Haha. ?You guys are mi amigos! Its fun to see everyones online persona and what they have to offer to the forum.

And how can you really "give up"? If I said "I give up".. and I saw C.D. at Walmart the next year.. wouldn't I buy it in a flat second? Sometimes im frustrated by lack of news.. but everyday is a day closer to knowing the truth. Maybe it won't come out.. and we wont hear the albums story till 2020.. but at least im a day closer. Im not giving up anything to wait.

Peace.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2005, 05:16:25 AM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in site. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,? How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.

Hey there youngunner! Thats a pretty bold statement saying that you are as big or a bigger fan than the next person! I personally enjoy reading your posts, but this one seems that you be lacking the faith my man! Come on keep the faith just that little bit longer! We are going to be getting the album very soon! And I dont mean this nonsense about a Greatest Hits 2. I still thats a cover up! I know you are getting desperate to hear this baby at last, we all are! But dont cross to the dark side of all the negative people, when you have been waiting this long! It wont belong and we will all be celebrating with a beer listening to Chinese Democracy! Mike  beer

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2005, 06:22:03 AM »

why say keep the faith like this is religion..?/ Eventually there comes a time when you really have yto look at everything and make an analasis..  From 2000 intensions to CD these things have had talks since 99 and before, 2005 has just about passed.. Axl has been all but dead since the tour ended and that was dec 2002.. Another month and a few weeks it will be three years and his comment about rio is getting quite old too..

As much as I have waited and wanted cd to come out or the announcement of a new tour to happen it just doesn't.. No one is even acting like it will. You certainly can't go by the band members because they have been saying somewhat positive stuff for years. Maybe reassuring themselves keeps them sane?

The longer axl takes the less likely he is to just switch his style and do a big tour and drop albums..
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2005, 06:47:27 AM »

why say keep the faith like this is religion..?/ Eventually there comes a time when you really have yto look at everything and make an analasis..? From 2000 intensions to CD these things have had talks since 99 and before, 2005 has just about passed.. Axl has been all but dead since the tour ended and that was dec 2002.. Another month and a few weeks it will be three years and his comment about rio is getting quite old too..

As much as I have waited and wanted cd to come out or the announcement of a new tour to happen it just doesn't.. No one is even acting like it will. You certainly can't go by the band members because they have been saying somewhat positive stuff for years. Maybe reassuring themselves keeps them sane?

The longer axl takes the less likely he is to just switch his style and do a big tour and drop albums..

Thats up to you Mike! Its your life! I just think people should stay positive because I personally believe we are very very close now! But each to their own! I think its better to stay positive than get all pissed about it which a lot of people do!

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »

"I think the only thing holding the wait together is the bond we have with each other at these forums. I've thought of "moving on" and forgetting about this whole thing, but I enjoy talking to you guys about this whole thing, and it helps ease the frustrations a little bit. Do you guys ever feel that way?"

Many times in "real-life" all people got is this thing called hope. Shouldn't that be more than enough for a musical band? Regardless of whether or not we ever get to hear any new music?

You all are so dramatic sometimes. What's that thing John Lennon once said?

"It's just a band."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2005, 09:35:02 AM »

why say keep the faith like this is religion..?/ Eventually there comes a time when you really have yto look at everything and make an analasis..? From 2000 intensions to CD these things have had talks since 99 and before, 2005 has just about passed.. Axl has been all but dead since the tour ended and that was dec 2002.. Another month and a few weeks it will be three years and his comment about rio is getting quite old too..

Thats up to you Mike! Its your life! I just think people should stay positive because I personally believe we are very very close now! But each to their own! I think its better to stay positive than get all pissed about it which a lot of people do!

there is nothing wrong with being positive or having a good feeling about something that you want to happen so bad.. I am a pretty positive guy in other asspects outside of this album.. usually when one is being positive it's because some factual evidence is out there pointing towards what you believe in..  Of course we can say well cd was almost done or whatever 3 or 6 years ago so common sence tells you each day that goes by means it should drop any day.. Being superfans with such a vested interest in a product or axl can cloud ones mind from what is really going on to what you want to believe is going on.. It's like they guy who wears the same t shirt when his team plays for a hat backwards for a rally.. I think there is no evidence that shows anything ias happening.. A project this big and expected would have such hype well before the thing should happen..

As I said there is nothing wrong with being optomitic becasuse the odds should fall in your favor the longer you wait.. Wether it comes out by axl,  he gets sued, someone quits, or someone forces it out something is bound to happen. The only positive thing I had heard was when merck said 2005 is gnr's year.. That's statement has about two months left to be credible..
lawrence
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2005, 09:40:23 AM »

remember me dude?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: