Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?  (Read 16694 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2005, 09:42:17 AM »

Good point Mike. ok I have always considered myself an optimistic pessimist. Or maybe a pessimistic optimist. hihi 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2005, 10:36:29 AM »

remember me dude?

Yeah I do, you're the guy who said "Who cares" when I told you we don't allow any graphics in our signatures.

I guess you're talking to Mike and asking him if he remembers you from some other board. That kind of questions should be handled by PMs.

But I don't expect you to be here that long.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lawrence
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2005, 10:38:19 AM »

goody gum drops, why dont you expect me to be here long?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2005, 10:50:58 AM »

Because you couldn't live with the "no graphical signatures" rule.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2005, 11:23:50 AM »

See, this stuff is great, its drama, you tell'em Jarmo Kick his ass Grin   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2005, 11:24:54 AM »

Who are you a guest of?  Did you sneak past the doorman? hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
lawrence(tm)
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »

i'm back though aint i, i only wanted to change my username, ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2005, 12:00:53 PM »

Oh, ok...

Just so you know, I'm still on a "power trip".  ok

/jarmo

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2005, 12:05:57 PM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in site. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,? How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.

I've got a first class suite on this cruise ship and just incase we don't get anything, then I'll just run to my lifeboat. Grin
lawrence(tm)
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2005, 12:07:54 PM »

Oh, ok...

Just so you know, I'm still on a "power trip".? ok

/jarmo

everyone knows that anyway,  Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2005, 12:21:29 PM »

Oh, ok...

Just so you know, I'm still on a "power trip".? ok

/jarmo

everyone knows that anyway,? Grin

No, the right phrasing would be: Everyone who thinks they knowok

I see you deleted yourself again. Not happy with your avatar this time?

/jarmo

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2005, 03:01:10 PM »

Bloody hell who let the village idiot in? What a muppet!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2005, 03:03:47 PM »

where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

From a realistic point of view, this 'GH2' can't be what it is, IMO.
it's stated hearsay and supposed to alter.  it doesn't alter what CD is.
Maybe CD doesn't even have direct bearing on this one.

anyways, Back to the topic...... It's about sailing innit?
Find which way the wind blows.
see how adverse winds are blowing in.  no

mentalradio, I agree.
the drama queens fan the breeze at each news, swinging their mind hither and thither.
now in the mood for some historic tragedy rofl Boohoo? what next!

the quarter-decks know where is this ship sailing.
wherever it may, a ship needs the wind that blows her good for sailing through it.
A stiff positive wind will do much. like estranged 33 Yes I think the wind of CD is rising.
Megaguns
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2005, 09:44:08 PM »

All im gonna say is this. It's very weird for a band with approx. 50 recorded songs to have around 30 of them on Greatest Hits compilations.

I take this to mean: A) Guns is pretty much done
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? B) CD is disguise
AMEN TO THAT!!! ok
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2005, 09:56:45 PM »

All im gonna say is this. It's very weird for a band with approx. 50 recorded songs to have around 30 of them on Greatest Hits compilations.

Shows how damn good gnr is.. lol. all their songs are greatest hits!

gnrevolution.com
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2005, 10:23:06 PM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in site. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,? How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.

Holy crap younggunner, it's guys like you and dave-gnr2k that occasionally make me think CD might actually come out one day. At least in my sentimental moments. Now this?! If Dave starts a thread like this I'll know (a) it's over, or (b) CD is coming out in weeks! Axl should be slapped for disrespecting fans like you guys. Myself, he lost my undivided attention in Philly and the following spring.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:29:23 PM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2005, 12:20:08 PM »

But dont cross to the dark side of all the negative people, when you have been waiting this long!

Holy crap younggunner, it's guys like you and dave-gnr2k that occasionally make me think CD might actually come out one day. At least in my sentimental moments. Now this?
Haha I never said I was jumping ship. My point of the post was more in regards to the band aspect of gnr. Although the reason Im here and believe what I believe is because of Axl, I have also become a huge fan of the players in the band. SO for me, its not just an Axl album. I wanna hear the new members as well and how Axl fits with them. Its not just an Axl thing.

The thread is really about the idea of maybe time is running out with the members. How long will they hang in there? Who knows, but as time goes by the chances become slim. Some of you{haters and even fans} are saying who cares, I just want the album, others want this to be a more of a band thing then just an Axl thing.

I know that we will hear the album one day. And I know it has the chance to be one of the greatest albums ever heard. I know that Axl will make many of you peopl here look foolish in regards to his musical abilities. I just want him to have a band when he rocks the world.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: