Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I got some news for you....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got some news for you....  (Read 28495 times)
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »

nine inch nails release singles...but usually they have 5 remixes of the single...

i hope hope hope they dont release "better" or "irs" as a single, i still cant see either of those making a major splash, i'm hoping axl has something up his sleeve.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2006, 12:42:08 AM »

i heard "Prostitute" will be the single.. yup...uh huh... theres a rumor for ya.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2006, 12:42:40 AM »

Oh, scratch that thought then.
It might not be a common thing now, but back in those days alot of bands did it. Im pretty sure Metallica had a Enter Sandman single before the Black album was released, and Skid Row had a Monkey Business single before Slave. beer

Yea - I remember, back in the days before the internet was widely popular singles were a great way to generate hype about an album. Also great money makers because pretty much all fans would buy the singles.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2006, 12:43:36 AM »

And that's how you get it on the radio!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »

Im def buying all the singles and merch and assorted crap I can find from CD. Im going to start that GnR collection that I should have back in the day.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2006, 12:47:48 AM »

Yea - I remember, back in the days before the internet was widely popular singles were a great way to generate hype about an album. Also great money makers because pretty much all fans would buy the singles.
Yeah, and they were hella cheap. Like 2 or 3 bucks. Man, those were the days. smoking beer

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Frankly at this rate and pace GNR are goin, and all has been pretty much positive, there well may be a single out later this summer, before the fall release. BUt I suggest instead of harping on it, let the guys do thier thing , play these gigs, entertain the fans, and letthem build thenselves up to whre everyone can say. and agree this is truly now GNR. I did awhile ago. Some ae starting to see that now. Adn a lil thing like GNR taking out a full page add, jsut to thank people for a great time, really hit home for me. These guys are fucking serious about taking off. And I think Axl is very serious.

So for now , relax, I know its hard, reust me, lol, but I guess, as Im not so much younger than axl, Im not as impatient anymore. And expecially not after the marathon of shows I got to see in NYC. MSG 2002 was nothing compared to this . And I thought that was awesome.

In time folks, in time, and the time is getting closer to what WE ALL WANT! CD!

Enjoy the summer and we can all track and see whats goin on, and share in the excitement of our fellow gunners around the world who are gonna expierinece this juagarnaut!

BY summers end I ahve a feelling it will be BETTER!!!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »

Frankly at this rate and pace GNR are goin, and all has been pretty much positive, there well may be a single out later this summer, before the fall release. BUt I suggest instead of harping on it, let the guys do thier thing , play these gigs, entertain the fans, and letthem build thenselves up to whre everyone can say. and agree this is truly now GNR. I did awhile ago. Some ae starting to see that now. Adn a lil thing like GNR taking out a full page add, jsut to thank people for a great time, really hit home for me. These guys are fucking serious about taking off. And I think Axl is very serious.

So for now , relax, I know its hard, reust me, lol, but I guess, as Im not so much younger than axl, Im not as impatient anymore. And expecially not after the marathon of shows I got to see in NYC. MSG 2002 was nothing compared to this . And I thought that was awesome.

Enjoy the summer and we can all track and see whats goin on, and share in the excitement of our fellow gunners around the world who are gonna expierinece this juagarnaut!

hells yea brother.  i wish more people had this attitude on these boards. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2006, 01:39:37 AM »

And a lil thing like GNR taking out a full page add, just to thank people for a great time, really hit home for me.
I agree. That was a huge step in the right direction.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

Some human emotion!  Way to go GN'R camp!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2006, 02:54:53 AM »

thanx for the news younggunner, cheers beer beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2006, 03:15:29 AM »

hells yea brother.? i wish more people had this attitude on these boards.?

Dude I agree!!!

Love the avatar!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2006, 03:37:55 AM »

Great post man, like the guy said, it is nice to here some positivity and some hope that things will get "better" and there will actually come a day when we will look back and say, "twat" when one of the most incredible awe inspiring albums came out and he called it "Chinese Democracy", GnsnfnR's!!!!!!!!!! ?To excited for what is to come, You know if it is any better than Stadium Arcadium I will be a happy camper yet I am not a skeptic, so It will be light years better and that is dam good if you ask me. ?

One ?thing that I think is funny, if I am wrong, I will accept and won't agree to disagree, so dont damn me. ?This might have been mentioned before hand, but I find it funny for people to think these are the way the songs are going to appear on the album. ?Management already confirmed that the songs sound nothing like this, they have all been revamped and these are only demos. ?So axl says, okay you download the demos you've heard, you've seen, and you conquered a raw demo, now we are going to pacify your longing for new material by giving you new material that will be as it is portrayed in its final form . ?I think Axl definatley will have some prizes in store, I am just glad to see the wheel turning toward us. I just can't wait to witness the inertia when it rolls full steam ahead. ?Talking about the leaks, they really do seem unfinished and uncomplicated, and remember when axl talked about the mixing ?sounding alot like Queen, yeah, give or take,it will be very polished, these songs will be out of this world. Axl is not going to give half of his hard earned work out before even the single comes out. I think we will all be surprised at what he has done as a whole, and more importantly to the songs we think we know , yeah right.

p.s. I ?am probably ?not going to be able to join you all to see gnr over seas ?, maybe in the states I will get the honor when they return, but if any one is on myspace and wants to talk, feel free, here is my email address, dont laugh, mattdaddy101@yahoo.com. ?Peace out
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: