Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Riyads& Bedouins+Silkworms= CD (World War III)
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riyads& Bedouins+Silkworms= CD (World War III)  (Read 7316 times)
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: July 26, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »

Hmm, i think axl was thinking a bit political while coming up with some of the songs for CD, particularly in the early CD sessions of the late 90's.? In fact Axl might be somewhat of a VISIONARY of sorts.? Considering that these songs were created pre 9/11.? I also realize that some of these songs may not make the actual album, just consider that Axl must've wrote them for the intent for CD.? Just maybe Axl is a modern day Nostardamus of sorts.? Here's some interesting stuff I came up with...

I was watching a news program a few nights ago and someone mentioned how China goverment had manufactured and sold some "silkworm" (chinese haiying) missles to? both Iran & Hezzbolah in the past few years.? Hezzbolah fired some of these "silkworms" on an Israeli battleship off the coast of Lebanon a few weeks ago, in which pretty much started this whole debacle between Hez & Israel.(outside of their obvious hate & dispespect of each others religious beliefs & holy land beefs)

Next observation is, Riyads & Bedouins.? Bedouins are Arabs with a nomadic way of life, drifting from place to place.? Riyad is the capital of Saudi Arabia and home of the Saudi Royal Family (these are the one's who we actually defended in the Gulf War) Riyad is also where most (75%) of the terrorist hi-jackers on 9/11 had lived in.

Riyads & Bedouins=? Saudi islamic extremists that don't stay in one place (nomadic) + are constantly on the run = AL QUAEDA/Bin Laden

Not to mention the obvious political overtones of IRS & possibly The General

If China continues to manufacture and sell warheads to these middle eastern countries and other radical fundamentalist groups, America's conservative administration will not stand for it!? People are already saying this could be the beginning of the next big one! World War 3!!!? We're just waiting for the Arch Duke Ferdinand moment.? It can very easily end up being the U.S & other allied forces trying to finally rid all communism from China. (after we deal with the middle eastern mess we helped create)? And bring the CHINESE the DEMOCRACY that they so badly need!!

So my question is how did Axl come up with this stuff? Why does it seem like it's all coming together now politicaly, just as we may finally actually get the release of CD?? Did Axl see our foreign policy problems in advance or just a sheer coincidence?? It all seems kinda weird, would like to know what others think.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:28:00 PM by zakas80 » Logged

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:30:17 PM »

Lay off the crack, man.
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 11:35:25 PM »

woah, crazy good points.

Axl must be god.
And Robin must be jesus.
And Buckethead must be Bin Laden.

It all comes together now...

But in all seriousness.. thanks for bringing this up.. and yeah its awefully strange peace
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »

Riyadh is about Axl and society and finding his place between peace and fame.

Silkworms is just random violent shit, it means nothing.

Oh, and you can't say OBVIOUS political overtones of POSSIBLY The General.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:52:28 PM »

Okay you came up with some good ones there.? I guess I have kind of a religious fascination with Axl and maybe he is the second coming........ya think?  Oh yeah and I don't think Silkworms is some mindless mindfuck.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:55:08 PM »

If the songs were great and more relevant now then ever why haven't they played them?  I am positive Riyadh isnt about Islamic extremists and Silkworms hasn't been mentioned since 02 for a reason.

evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:57:04 PM »

eh....cmon what's with your screen name if you think nothing has anything to do with anything?

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:27 AM »

eh....cmon what's with your screen name if you think nothing has anything to do with anything?

Most of the songs have been autobiographical or about Stephanie. With the logic used above, why can't I say Better is about 9/11 and how now we all know better than to trust people who aren't white.

It's absurd. Look at the lyrics in Riyadh. He's torn between choosing a life of peace or of turmoil in the spotlight.

evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »

Most of the songs have been autobiographical or about Stephanie. With the logic used above, why can't I say Better is about 9/11 and how now we all know better than to trust people who aren't white.

It's absurd. Look at the lyrics in Riyadh. He's torn between choosing a life of peace or of turmoil in the spotlight.

I think you're over-simplifying things.  Not everything fits into one category or another......we're all trying to make sense of this world one way or another and Guns N' Roses is helping.  That's my argument and I think it applies to more people than just me......

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:36:33 AM »

get a lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 12:39:14 AM »

Wow.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »

One word replies don't really add to the discussion.  I think most of us here devote a lot of our time to GN'R.  Some of us just listen to the music and read the board.  Others choose to actually THINK about things.   Roll Eyes   I'm not saying the original post is right/wrong...just that the poster shouldn't be disrepected because he had some thoughts/ideas. 
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 12:56:16 AM »

A lot of other posts dont apply to this thread either.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 12:57:25 AM »

yeah but most people give more than a short reply.  Some people try and express themselves instead of cut people down.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »

yeah but most people give more than a short reply.  Some people try and express themselves instead of cut people down.

Please read all the responces and get back to me. One word or 5.. Same meaning.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 01:02:43 AM »

Back on topic, please.  For the record, I wasn't talking to just ONE person.  It was meant to be a general reply to all posts that didn't contribute to the thread.  I'll try to be more clear next time. 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 03:37:00 AM »

BS

is THAT a political topic !!!!!???!!11!1

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 04:04:58 AM »

If China continues to manufacture and sell warheads to these middle eastern countries and other radical fundamentalist groups, America's conservative administration will not stand for it!  People are already saying this could be the beginning of the next big one! World War 3!!!  We're just waiting for the Arch Duke Ferdinand moment.  It can very easily end up being the U.S & other allied forces trying to finally rid all communism from China. (after we deal with the middle eastern mess we helped create)  And bring the CHINESE the DEMOCRACY that they so badly need!!

dude, you got some really strange views......

usually the US just attacks 3rd world countries who aren`t able to defend themselves, but not a nation as powerfull as china (which has nuclear weapons by the way ok)

do you think axl also thought about the movie madagascar when he wrote the song?

some nice points though peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 04:17:10 AM »

Axl was being a weather man with November Rain.

Paradise City is where all of the suicide bombers hang out with their 70 virgins!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 04:20:37 AM »

If China continues to manufacture and sell warheads to these middle eastern countries and other radical fundamentalist groups, America's conservative administration will not stand for it!  People are already saying this could be the beginning of the next big one! World War 3!!!  We're just waiting for the Arch Duke Ferdinand moment.  It can very easily end up being the U.S & other allied forces trying to finally rid all communism from China. (after we deal with the middle eastern mess we helped create)  And bring the CHINESE the DEMOCRACY that they so badly need!!

usually the US just attacks 3rd world countries who aren`t able to defend themselves, but not a nation as powerfull as china (which has nuclear weapons by the way ok)

do you think axl also thought about the movie madagascar when he wrote the song?

Are you serious man? China is some benevolent power to its neighbours? Ever heard of places like Tibet or Taiwan?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 04:37:28 AM »

Are you serious man? China is some benevolent power to its neighbours? Ever heard of places like Tibet or Taiwan?

Shocked  where did i say THAT??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 04:38:29 AM »

Shocked  where did i say THAT??

Oh wait, sorry. I read your post too quickly and missed the irony. Sorry man  ok
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 04:44:13 AM »

I didnt bother readin' the topic, i flicked through it and saw bin laden and terrorist bullshit!!

what the fuck would that havta do with GNR Shocked Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 06:54:15 AM »

I didnt bother readin' the topic, i flicked through it and saw bin laden and terrorist bullshit!!

what the fuck would that havta do with GNR Shocked Shocked

nothing dude, just a very very loco topic.

and if america invade another country now, I will from then on kick all americans I meet in the nads. which might turn out to be a problem since I might move there one day. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »

so you're saying Saddam Hussein has a copy of CD, which the yanks tried to get hold of by capturing his palace, but he'd already lent it to someone on that battlehip?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »

And the battleship went down off madagascar. In the sinking ship the person carrying out orders from saddam to hide the copy said "I won't be told anymore" for his last words. Cry

Did Axl see our foreign policy problems in advance or just a sheer coincidence?  It all seems kinda weird, would like to know what others think.

coincidence.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

Did Axl see our foreign policy problems in advance or just a sheer coincidence?? It all seems kinda weird, would like to know what others think.

coincidence.

I don't think so, If Axl kept up with the news and books on the subject he may have guessed something was boiling, it may come as a shock to you but a LOT of people were not surprised at all when 9/11 happened.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »

but a LOT of people were not surprised at all when 9/11 happened.

And the us government were?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »

idunno, I still haven't decided whether they are dumb or playing dumb

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: