Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting Find
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Find  (Read 18801 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »

If Chi Dem is released on Tuesday the 21st of November, I'll buy a copy and send it to the first person who writes:

"How the hell would a small paper from Dayton, Ohio be the first to break the news"

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »

Dayton Area:
(937) 222-5700
Elsewhere:
(888) 397-6397
Hearing impaired:
(937) 225-2152 [TDD]
Hours:
M-F 5:30am-5:30pm
Sat: 7am-10am
Sun: 8am-1pm
Holidays 7am-10am
Automated service 24 hours.
Coming Soon!
Click To Call allows you to avoid waiting on hold for a customer service representative. Just enter in your phone number and when you would like to be called and we'll call you!

daytondaily@coxohio.com

https://customerservice.coxohio.com/index.php?pub=ddnndex.html

Rasha818 from RoV is on the phone with them now.  When she's off the phone, we'll let you know what was said.

beer

GNRevolution... the missing link.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 08:38:24 PM »

Refreshing now.....and now

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »

interesting.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 08:51:09 PM »

long phone call.. wonder if thats good or bad hihi
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »

haha yeah its geting long, i hope its for good  beer
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

So far she's been bounced around from person-to-person, no one seems to want to say what their source was.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2006, 08:52:42 PM »

It's a woman. If there's another woman on the other end of the line, well, this could go on hihi

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »

It's a woman. If there's another woman on the other end of the line, well, this could go on hihi
ohh shit, well I guess I'll take a shower, shit, shave, work out, then maybe theyll be done!:)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 08:56:59 PM »

wow, guess I can go to bed then, probably still be on the phone when I get up hihi
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 08:57:48 PM »

ohh shit, well I guess I'll take a shower, shit, shave, work out, then maybe theyll be done!:)

And I'm sure that description is going over well with all the ladies on the board! LOL.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2006, 08:58:35 PM »

Hey, if they can't handle the truth smoking

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 09:00:05 PM »

And I'm sure that description is going over well with all the ladies on the board! LOL.
well we could go either way.

So the lady told the guy, ill give you concrete/failsafe directions on how to know if its real.

Guys says, Nah ill figure it out on my own.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »

Thanks to Rasha for taking the time to call.

Okay... This is what I've gotten from the folks over in Dayton.. this was basically the whole conversation...

ME: Hi, I was calling about a release date that was published this past week in your newspaper.

THEM: I'm sorry ma'am, we're the after hours line, we can't help you with that. You can call again on Monday when we're open.

ME: Okay, I'm sorry. Let me introduce myself so we're on the same page. My name is Rasha _______ from the Guns N' Roses management team. Your newspaper was brought to my attention and I have a very pissed tour manager, singer, manager and guitarist that I have to answer to about this. Do you know where you go the information about the Nov 21st release date?

THEM: Ummm, no ma'am I do not. But if you allow me to put you on hold, I can ask around and see if someone else might have an idea.

*i'm on hold*

THEM: Hi, Ms. _______, this is Taylor ____, I'm the night manager here and your call was transferred to me. I understand you're with the guns n roses management team?

ME: yes, sir I am.

THEM: I do apologize for any inconvienence this publishing may have caused you, but being the time and the fact that the editor n chief has gone and the publishing manager has gone home, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly who and where the information was gotten from.

ME: I understand. Are your details even checked? Or do you guys just randomly get facts and publish them without any background checks to even see if they're valid?

THEM: Yes, they are checked by the author of the article. We're a very small newspaper, but we check our resources. Can I ask why this would upset the band?

ME: Sure, you can ask that all you want. I can't answer it because to tell you the truth, I'm not sure why its upsetting them. I was just told to find out your resources. Is there anything you can tell me now that I can tell them for now that wouldnt upset them anymore than they already are.

THEM: No ma'am, I'm truly sorry. I wish there was. What I can do is get your number and give you a call back first thing monday and I will have a definate answer for you. Please, ma'am, remind them that we're just a small newspaper, with limited resources.

ME: Okay, Taylor, I do appreciate your help. I'll pass along what you've told me.

After that I just gave him my cell phone number so he can call me back on Monday. I'm very curious. Do I come off as a bitch? I hope not. I was nicer than it sounds like reading this. I actually feel a bit bad for taking advantage of a small town paper.. these people are so trustworthy, they didn't even question me. God bless their little hearts... you can totally tell they're scared of a lawsuit lol.

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait until Monday to get the scoop... I still think their source is Rolling Stone.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 09:02:32 PM »

I find those colors very hard to read.

Okay... This is what I've gotten from the folks over in Dayton.. this was basically the whole conversation...

ME: Hi, I was calling about a release date that was published this past week in your newspaper.

THEM: I'm sorry ma'am, we're the after hours line, we can't help you with that. You can call again on Monday when we're open.

ME: Okay, I'm sorry. Let me introduce myself so we're on the same page. My name is Rasha _______ from the Guns N' Roses management team. Your newspaper was brought to my attention and I have a very pissed tour manager, singer, manager and guitarist that I have to answer to about this. Do you know where you go the information about the Nov 21st release date?

THEM: Ummm, no ma'am I do not. But if you allow me to put you on hold, I can ask around and see if someone else might have an idea.

*i'm on hold*

THEM: Hi, Ms. _______, this is Taylor ____, I'm the night manager here and your call was transferred to me. I understand you're with the guns n roses management team?

ME: yes, sir I am.

THEM: I do apologize for any inconvienence this publishing may have caused you, but being the time and the fact that the editor n chief has gone and the publishing manager has gone home, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly who and where the information was gotten from.

ME: I understand. Are your details even checked? Or do you guys just randomly get facts and publish them without any background checks to even see if they're valid?

THEM: Yes, they are checked by the author of the article. We're a very small newspaper, but we check our resources. Can I ask why this would upset the band?

ME: Sure, you can ask that all you want. I can't answer it because to tell you the truth, I'm not sure why its upsetting them. I was just told to find out your resources. Is there anything you can tell me now that I can tell them for now that wouldnt upset them anymore than they already are.

THEM: No ma'am, I'm truly sorry. I wish there was. What I can do is get your number and give you a call back first thing monday and I will have a definate answer for you. Please, ma'am, remind them that we're just a small newspaper, with limited resources.

ME: Okay, Taylor, I do appreciate your help. I'll pass along what you've told me.

After that I just gave him my cell phone number so he can call me back on Monday. I'm very curious. Do I come off as a bitch? I hope not. I was nicer than it sounds like reading this. I actually feel a bit bad for taking advantage of a small town paper.. these people are so trustworthy, they didn't even question me. God bless their little hearts... you can totally tell they're scared of a lawsuit lol.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

Hey, if they can't handle the truth smoking

I'm sure they can handle the truth, but "shower, shit and shave" is not the most pleasant example of alliteration out there. LOL.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 09:05:22 PM »

I find those colors very hard to read.

Believe me, it looked better on a black background.  hihi

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 09:05:42 PM »

I would have loved to hear the voice of the person from the paper. Seems shitscared to be sued or something hihi

Niko
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 09:06:14 PM »

poor guys they seem scared about a lawsuit  rofl rofl
guns_n_motley
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »

how desperate we are for news, threatening small newspapers for release dates hihi rofl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: