Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting Find
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Find  (Read 18802 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »

So now there are people masquerading as GNR management to find out if the release date is true??

Are you people serious??

I hope that was a joke.? no

Seems borderline criminal to me..............pretending to be somebody you are not?

Yikes.

Edit: Don't you think it's fucked up to call somebody and pretend to be GnR mgt? People should be banned from here for doing that shit.
Yeah, I bet the real management will be pissed to see that. It was funny, but funny isn't always right. Would it really have hurt to wait 4 days until the 21st comes and goes without an album?

Raven

I'm sure they will be pissed.  And to think this could have been avoided.  But really lets all think about this.  If I was management I'd probably be pissed but man I'd have a good laugh also.  I thought I was a loser but this takes the cake right here.   rofl
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2006, 01:12:29 AM »

Yeah, it was pretty messed up for her to pretend to be GNR management, I have to admit.  She could have just asked as a concerned person or whatever. 

Yes, funny, but kinda weird too lol

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2006, 01:16:00 AM »

Yeah, it was pretty messed up for her to pretend to be GNR management, I have to admit.? She could have just asked as a concerned person or whatever.?

Grin

Very funny.  I am still laughing about this.  And at the same time I am ashamed.  Imagine.  Gnr's camp could put us all in the same basket.  And that is just not a good basket.  *lol*
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2006, 01:19:25 AM »

Yeah, it was pretty messed up for her to pretend to be GNR management, I have to admit.? She could have just asked as a concerned person or whatever.?

Grin

Very funny.? I am still laughing about this.? And at the same time I am ashamed.? Imagine.? Gnr's camp could put us all in the same basket.? And that is just not a good basket.? *lol*

It's the basket that is on it's way to the funny farm! hihi

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »

Grin

Very funny.? I am still laughing about this.? And at the same time I am ashamed.? Imagine.? Gnr's camp could put us all in the same basket.? And that is just not a good basket.? *lol*

It's the basket that is on it's way to the funny farm! hihi

And just when I thought I couldn't laugh more.  Thanks Bandita.   ok
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2006, 01:22:24 AM »

It's definitely coming out ! ok

I'll download it !
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2006, 01:24:16 AM »

Says who?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2006, 01:28:54 AM »

Grin

As messed up it was for her to pretend to be GNR management, it's even more messed up that before she said that's who she was they told her that there wouldn't be anyone there until Monday to answer her question. ?It wasn't until AFTER she said she was from GNR that they tried to get her some kind of answer. ?They didn't even ask for proof that that's who she really was!!! ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2006, 01:31:29 AM »

Says who?

Says the Dayton Daily News dammit!

Oh and some paper in Muncie, Indiana because you just KNOW they are gonna have the breaking news on CD!

Please sense my sarcasm here! Roll Eyes
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »

Grin

As messed up it was for her to pretend to be GNR management, it's even more messed up that before she said that's who she was they told her that there wouldn't be anyone there until Monday to answer her question. ?It wasn't until AFTER she said she was from GNR that they tried to get her some kind of answer. ?They didn't even ask for proof that that's who she really was!!! ?hihi

They probably got a good scare. ?*lol*
Edward Rose
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006, 01:40:47 AM »

Seems borderline criminal to me..............pretending to be somebody you are not?

Yikes.

Edit: Don't you think it's fucked up to call somebody and pretend to be GnR mgt? People should be banned from here for doing that shit.

It's called "Phishing," and in most cases it's not illegal. Depends on what the person is trying to do. In this case it probably WOULDN'T have been illegal.

There's been alot on the news about it lately because some corporate CEO in the U.S. hired private investigators who use phishing, to try and find out who the spy was at their meetings. These people were getting phone records pretending to be the phone account holders. Big Congress thing and no one went to jail. (No P.I.'s or other people phishing were arrested)

I feel bad for the person at the newspaper though.
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006, 02:03:12 AM »

nice to see that someone tried posing as mgmt, very entertaining.  But seriously i dont think a small newspaper is going to be the source that drops the news that we want to hear
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006, 02:13:37 AM »

well i live in good ol dayton ohio right now and i'd be damn proud if dayton daily news did in fact break the news on the release date!

go dayton!  come back here axl!  did some great shows many years ago, two back to back!

Mike

Mike
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2006, 02:21:57 AM »

They didn't even ask for proof that that's who she really was!!!  hihi

That is because it would never occur to most normal people that somebody could actually be pretending to be GnR mgt!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006, 02:22:59 AM »

Just a newspaper posting rumors, nothing more.  But if the album actually DOES come out, then this will be one of the most reliable newspapers ever.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006, 02:27:09 AM »

The poor person that printed the release info is probably gonna lose their job now thinking that "GNR management" was calling them when in reality they probably just read it in RS. no
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2006, 02:39:14 AM »

It is more than likely they knew it was bullshit anyway.............
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »

You people have gone nuts.

Do you really think it's funny? Pretending to be the management?

Great...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: