Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 254592 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1620 on: October 29, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »

It seems official now, Mattingly to the Marlins. Quite a young team there. I wish him the best I hope he's successful.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1621 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:47 PM »

Home plate umpire tonight is a joke. Syndergaard is being squeezed like whoa.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1622 on: October 30, 2015, 11:54:36 PM »

That's the way you do it!  Knock em on their ass 1st pitch and then score a shit ton of runs.  Let's go!!!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1623 on: October 31, 2015, 11:46:24 PM »

This is the worst world series defensively i have seen in a very very long time. Both teams even the winner should burn the footage after its over and never watch or speak of it again. Just awful.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1624 on: November 02, 2015, 12:41:47 AM »

Mets 100% deserved this loss. You can't win if you can't play defense and they couldn't get out of their own way at all. Just dreadful. Congrats on the win Falcon. I hope you and your uncle have a great time celebrating this Smiley
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1625 on: November 02, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »

Gah...for Mets fans, that series has to be insanely frustrating. They took late leads into THREE games.  It could EASILY have been the Mets celebrating last night, not the Royals.

But, in the big moments, the Royals came through, and the Mets didn't.  That's the long and short of it.  Everything pretty much broke the Royals way....and most of that was DEFINITELY effort and the Royals living up to the moment.

Maybe, just like the Royals loss in the series last year...this will propel the Mets forward toward next year.

As for the Royals...I can see this team being in the fall classic for the next couple years and putting together a dynastic run.  They are that good.

Congrats to the Royals and their fans! This one is well deserved!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1626 on: November 02, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »

Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals and winning the World Series 4-1!  yes ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1627 on: November 02, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »

There will come a time when I'll be proud and satisfied with what the Mets achieved (really overachieved) this season... but now is not that time.  Just beyond depressed, deflated and angry at a cruel, random and brutal world.  Otherwise, I'm fine.

Congrats Royals and fans.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1628 on: November 02, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »

Gah...for Mets fans, that series has to be insanely frustrating. They took late leads into THREE games.  It could EASILY have been the Mets celebrating last night, not the Royals.

But, in the big moments, the Royals came through, and the Mets didn't.  That's the long and short of it.  Everything pretty much broke the Royals way....and most of that was DEFINITELY effort and the Royals living up to the moment.

Maybe, just like the Royals loss in the series last year...this will propel the Mets forward toward next year.

As for the Royals...I can see this team being in the fall classic for the next couple years and putting together a dynastic run.  They are that good.

I do think experience helped the Royals in this one. The Mets played a perfect NLCS, but were full of mistakes under the brightest of lights. I don't think Collins had his finest managing performance either. He put Familia in some awfully tough spots. Murphy came back down to earth, which was bound to happen. And Cespedes disappeared in the latter weeks.

KC simply took advantage of every opportunity that came their way. It was impressive to watch.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1629 on: November 02, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »

Beaston didn't hire Shapiro.   It was the presedent of Rogers sports.  Beaston was actually grooming double a to take his spot.   
I am sure Shapiro was brought in with the mindset that the Jays were going to tank again and would have to clean house.  Now with the Jays set to make the playoffs for the next couple years.  Shapiro is not needed in baseball ops at all.   

Rogers is run by a bunch of Dutchmen that don't have clue about anything.   Bunch of cheap penny pinchers

Are they really set to be a perennial playoff team?

Price... let's face it... will likely be elsewhere. The Yankees, Sox and Orioles are all just as capable to finish in first next season.

I guess they will be the favorite going in to the season, but certainly they are not set up for 5 years of dominance.
The Jays offense is well stocked for the foreseeable future. A full year of Stroman will certainly help them too. I think they have far less questions than the other teams in the East. Sure anything can happen, but the Orioles lost key players last off season and that should happen again. The Yanks are aging and definitely wore down this season in a year where quite a few of the aging players overachieved. And the Sox have a good young core of players, but they need a near complete overhaul with their pitching staff and have quite a few players with bloated contracts who are underperforming and often injured. The Blue Jays will still mash in the regular season. They need better pitching to take it to the next level for sure, but they should be the team to beat in the East.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1630 on: November 02, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »

I am extremely looking forward to free agency    Let's go spring training!!!!!   

Let's go Jays!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1631 on: November 02, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »

I do think experience helped the Royals in this one. The Mets played a perfect NLCS, but were full of mistakes under the brightest of lights. I don't think Collins had his finest managing performance either. He put Familia in some awfully tough spots. Murphy came back down to earth, which was bound to happen. And Cespedes disappeared in the latter weeks.

KC simply took advantage of every opportunity that came their way. It was impressive to watch.
That about sums it up. The Mets were tripping themselves up at every turn. You can't win if you can make the simplest of plays.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1632 on: November 03, 2015, 12:51:32 AM »

This Shapiro guy sounds like a idiot in his first interview as a jay.   
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1633 on: November 03, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

That about sums it up. The Mets were tripping themselves up at every turn. You can't win if you can make the simplest of plays.

Two ninth inning leads and one 8th inning lead... and they lose all 3 games?  To blow even just one of those 3 would be running a bad average, but to lose all 3?!!  No explanation other than that God is a Royals fan.  Next year, leave it out of God's hands and get 3, 4 and 5 hitters that will show up.

Yes, I'm still pissed.  But still, LGM forever. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1634 on: November 03, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »

Two ninth inning leads and one 8th inning lead... and they lose all 3 games?  To blow even just one of those 3 would be running a bad average, but to lose all 3?!!  No explanation other than that God is a Royals fan.  Next year, leave it out of God's hands and get 3, 4 and 5 hitters that will show up.

I read a stat that said the mets were like 60-2 this season when taking a lead into the 8th inning. Their LAC (late and close) innings stats were REALLY good this year, too.

Vs the Royals? 0-3. And an LAC of 0. ZERO. Yikes.

I don't know what that is...and I give the Royals credit for the rallies, for sure.  But there HAS to be a certain amount of luck, and a certain amount of underperforming by the Mets, too.  You don't go from THAT good at the end of the game to THAT bad in, like, a week.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:35 PM »

I read a stat that said the mets were like 60-2 this season when taking a lead into the 8th inning. Their LAC (late and close) innings stats were REALLY good this year, too.

Vs the Royals? 0-3. And an LAC of 0. ZERO. Yikes.

I don't know what that is...and I give the Royals credit for the rallies, for sure.  But there HAS to be a certain amount of luck, and a certain amount of underperforming by the Mets, too.  You don't go from THAT good at the end of the game to THAT bad in, like, a week.

Under pressure

damn they sure played the hell out of that song durring the broadcasts.   But it is true

There was next to no pressure on the mets all season.  So there stats are really uncompatible to those durring the World Series pressure cooker
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1636 on: November 03, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »

Their middle relief and closer just couldn't handle the pressure under the biggest lights in October their first time there. Even the great Rivera his first time as a closer faltered. Not 3 times though in the same series but he still blew one. It's all just part of learning and growing. The Royals went through it last year and learned from it and won this year. So as much as it hurts this year the Mets should learn from this and be better for it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1637 on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »

Their middle relief and closer just couldn't handle the pressure under the biggest lights in October their first time there. Even the great Rivera his first time as a closer faltered. Not 3 times though in the same series but he still blew one. It's all just part of learning and growing. The Royals went through it last year and learned from it and won this year. So as much as it hurts this year the Mets should learn from this and be better for it.
Familia was put in some tough spots. He typically works better starting out an inning. And he pretty much did his job in game 5. Duda blew that save more than Familia with that awful throw home. And was Familia out there for Murphy's error the night before? Bottom line, he didn't get much help from his defense or the setup men.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1638 on: November 03, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »

Familia was put in some tough spots. He typically works better starting out an inning. And he pretty much did his job in game 5. Duda blew that save more than Familia with that awful throw home. And was Familia out there for Murphy's error the night before? Bottom line, he didn't get much help from his defense or the setup men.
Totally agree with you there. Collins put him in some awful situations add to that the atrocious defense and there ya go. That throw by Duda still makes me go wtf? He had so much time to make a good throw he could've lobbed it home and the guy would've been out by ten feet at least.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1639 on: November 03, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »

Totally agree with you there. Collins put him in some awful situations add to that the atrocious defense and there ya go. That throw by Duda still makes me go wtf? He had so much time to make a good throw he could've lobbed it home and the guy would've been out by ten feet at least.

Familia blew all 3, but he didn't really pitch all that poorly.  Not by a long shot.

Game 1, he made a rare mistake pitch like any good pitcher will do from time to time.  Even more rarely will a hitter take advantage of that mistake with a HR.  Rarely still if that hitter is Alex f'in Gordon.

Game 4, had a 1-run run lead in the 8th, which should have been a 2-run lead had Collins not inexplicably brought Matz out to pitch the 6th after he gave up hard outs in the 5th and hadn't pitched past the 5th all postseason.  That time, Familia was undone in the 8th by Murphy's magic, who granted, was due for such a blunder, but did it have to be then?

Game 5.  2-run lead, no way Harvey should go out for the 9th, but I get letting him out there just to see if he can handle the 1st batter.  He doesn't.  Lead-off walk.  Ok, time for the hook, you had your chance.  Wait, no he's still pitching.   WHY???  WTF!!!  Gets predictably ripped by the next batter for a double, run scores.  Familia comes in with no margin for error, induces 3 soft grounders, but the run scores on the bad throw by Duda.  And there you have it.

Bottom line, I think Familia performed admirably all things considered.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:02:11 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: