Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VIP Experience in Vegas
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VIP Experience in Vegas  (Read 13213 times)
charliedontsurf
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »

Signature Experience - Vegas - Night 1

First of all, I would guess they allowed around 50 people to purchase this package. I think 250 people had the Silver. Not sure about Gold and Ultimate.

They split us up into two groups. I assume they planned on having one group of 25 on stage while the other 25 toured backstage, but since Guns were late with their soundcheck, it worked a little differently. We sat in the concourse for 30 mins, while the other VIP's were up in the lounge already. Eventually, our group leader decided we should go up into the lounge as well instead of waiting around. The Signature people missed a couple of songs of soundcheck, but we could hear it from where we were standing.

We rushed into the lounge area, which was initially curtained off. Eventually, they let us watch and just asked for no video/pictures. That didn't stop some people. There were hundreds of people up there, so it was hard to crack down on everyone. I sat on the rail (way above the stage at the back of the arena) and watched souncheck in awe. I didn't even eat any of the food because I didn't want to miss a second of it. But it kept going and going. During the tail end of TWAT, the band missed a section of the song and Axl had some choice words for his bandmates and the soundcheck ended as he left the stage. As we weren't supposed to even see soundcheck, I won't repeat what was said, but there's video out there for those inclined. The band regrouped at the middle of the stage and chatted for a couple minutes and then left as well. There was a full video production playing behind them, but there were no spotlights on them, and since we were so far away - it was hard to see.

After the soundcheck, we gathered again and went and did our tour/stage photo. I'll have to give the people running the event, including Jarmo, the benefit of a doubt since it was the first night of the tour and of this particular experience. It was a little disorganized, but it was a fun time. Initially when we got down to the floor security started freaking out because they thought the general public was coming in and they weren't ready yet. After some conversations, we started our stage tour. It wasn't a tour at all, but rather us walking on the stage, taking a group photo and then moving to the side to take individual photos. I'll add some recommendations below if anyone cares to take them into account for future tours, because I think it could be better for future fans. The photos were sent out in a timely manner, and were shot by Kat.

The backstage tour was quick. The problem with the tour taking place at the time it did, was that the band was backstage eating dinner and it wasn't as easy to see everything since we were so close to show time. Not a fault of the tour operators, but it was rather limited and short in scope because of those factors.

After the tour, I went back up to the lounge and had some free drinks until the ended that promotion (after Alice in Chains came off stage).

My seat for the show was excellent, in the first 5 rows sidestage in the lower level. It's a personal preference thing to where you sit, but sometimes being so close doesn't allow you to take in the whole experience. Be cognizant of that when booking. For example, the large screen was above my head and hard to see. For the second night, I had a ticket in the lower level farther back that allowed me to see more of the production values. Both seats have their perks.

I still haven't received my Signature package in the mail. As far as I know, I've only seen pictures from the Silver/Ultimate/Gold packages so far. I hope to see my package in the mail soon.

Suggestions:

- It was a bit strange to not be given the VIP lanyard at the show itself. I know people were disappointed that they spent all that money and they couldn't show off a little bit. I understand the logistics of people potentially getting into areas they don't belong, but it's worth noting. It makes a difference.

- It would have been nice to have some sort of direction and feedback while on stage. "These are Richard's cabinets. This is where the guitar tech sits" Etc.

- I'm not sure what the intention was to show in the backstage tour, but we essentially just saw the garage where the equipment is loaded in and the green room for VIP's and the catering area. I know some people were left wanting.

I hope this helps for those curious.

Annie
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 02:05:28 PM »

For me the excitement of being in a brand new venue to see my all time fav band reminded me of the day we moved our hospital from Lincoln Park to Streeterville. A little chaotic but still totally awesome.  I was so thrilled with the soundcheck that I Totally forgot about the open bar. They did greet us with these tasty fruit drinks. They must have not had much alcohol cuz I had 2 and had zero buzz. Was so fun to meet people from all around the world who were all bonded by a love of GNR! Still waiting on my package as well. LOVED seeing those awesome custom made GNR jackets up close and personal on KAT!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, unfortunately the first night wasn't as smooth as we had hoped. We had to work with what we got.
The second night was already an improvement in my opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »

Charlie did you get your VIP swag yet?
charliedontsurf
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 05:34:25 PM »

Nothing yet. I know some people who started receiving their Signature VIP stuff on April 28th in the US though.
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »

Thanks for taking the time for the outstanding review, charliedontsurf!  It gives fans insight on what the experience is like and whether it?s worth the added expense.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Annie
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »

Nothing yet. I know some people who started receiving their Signature VIP stuff on April 28th in the US though.
Got the stuff yesterday.  They sent a tracking number when it was shipped. The poster IS signed by Axl. Am so happy that I have some cool stuff to my friends that couldn't be there in person.  Sometimes money can buy happiness.  Was totally worth being so close to the band without getting crushed.  smoking
richbc
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »

Frigging awesome Axl signed it. Let's see some pics pls!

If anyone wants to sell one, let me know.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »

Would love to see some pics of the signed stuff!

Edit, would be happy to trade for a red hand cd plus $$$!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 02:27:52 PM »

Got the stuff yesterday.  They sent a tracking number when it was shipped. The poster IS signed by Axl. Am so happy that I have some cool stuff to my friends that couldn't be there in person.  Sometimes money can buy happiness.  Was totally worth being so close to the band without getting crushed.  smoking

That's really cool he signed it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »

I really suck at posting pics. I am really really excited to be giving these posters as gifts. They are going to make my friends so happy!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »

I really suck at posting pics. I am really really excited to be giving these posters as gifts. They are going to make my friends so happy!!

That's a pretty cool gift.  Certainly one of a kind.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

Is there any chance you could post a picture of it so we can take a look?  Smiley
Annie
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 09:22:23 AM »

Is there any chance you could post a picture of it so we can take a look?  Smiley
Pictures are posted on GNR truth.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »

Nice signed poster. Thanks for sharing.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »

to be clear that is not my stuff or picture....i just got tired of people talking about it and referring us to "other boards" so I went and grabbed a picture to throw up here for everyone's viewing pleasure....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: