Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  religion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: religion  (Read 3062 times)
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« on: June 22, 2005, 01:30:16 AM »

there are that many religions in the world
christians catholics, budism and all the rest..

how do we know which one to follow!!
i am a christian.. not walking the path right now.. actually havnt been for 1 year...
but i have doubts just like everyone else.

does anyone know the budism religion?who do they worship?

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »

i dont follow any religion

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 03:12:18 AM »

do you know what budism is?
 i have no idea hey.

FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 06:08:30 AM »

i wouldnt have a clue mate?

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
MCT
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:55:47 AM »

Fundamentally, Buddhism deals solely with the human condition and doesn't rely on the concept of a deity. Simply put, it's the pursuit of and constant strive for a state of mental - or spiritual if you will - enlightenment that attempts to transcend the human shell and provide some semblance of release from the inherent hardship of physical existence.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:50 AM »

I think Prometheus will get very angry when he reads this thread

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:59 AM »

Go read: "Living Budda, Living Christ"

A great book comparing the teachings of Christianity to Buddhism.

I'm not an "official" buddhist, but follow it's principles and find it is a more logical way to look at life. It focuses on appreciating every moment of life by being awake and aware. Intentions and meditation. Buddhism also teaches that nothing is permanent, and Karma determines your fate. There are many different sects of Buddhism so it is impossible to break it down fully for you here and be 100% corrrect. Buddists look at life on a much broader scale than Christianity. They see life cycles thousands of years ahead and back, instead of this one life and heaven or hell. The Chinese beat these people down, tortured them and destroyed there temples. The Buddhists believe that their captors have bad Karma and feel compassion for them at the same time they are being beaten. They don't blame the Chinese for their attrocities, rather their bad Karma and have compassion for the fact that they must act in such a barbaric way.

That being said they believe that eventually ( not this life, but again, they don't look at one life) the Karma will work out and the oppression will end. They refer to this as a "cool evolution". It's a trippy way to look at things, but if you stand back and look at it, it makes sense, IF you believe in reicarnation based on Karma.

Best to go read something about it. Many Buddhists believe there are many truths to the path.

There is another religion I like named Raja Yoga. The religion is primarily run by women, kind of opposite of Christianity. It's primary focus is meditation with God. It conflicts with Buddism because it is centered around the meditation with God. It is similar to Buddhism because they believe in reincarnation and karma though. I had some private teachings and meditated with this lady, it was pretty cool and a mind blowing experience talking to her. Very interesting. The primary people there were Indians. Like Buddism, Raja Yoga believe there are many paths to truth.
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 09:25:32 PM »

Fundamentally, Buddhism deals solely with the human condition and doesn't rely on the concept of a deity. Simply put, it's the pursuit of and constant strive for a state of mental - or spiritual if you will - enlightenment that attempts to transcend the human shell and provide some semblance of release from the inherent hardship of physical existence.

Shocked wow.... im guessing you got real good grades

FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 06:05:41 AM »

Why do u give a fuck? Planning to convert? Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:45 AM »

I think Prometheus will get very angry when he reads this thread

smoking Izzy  smoking

im not awake enough to bitch ............. yet

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
kathryn2662
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 08:11:59 PM »

Im a christian, who never followed the right way, because I never knew the right way.  I got caught up the title of "religion" and what society says about christians an God.  The thing is, dont get caught up in religion.  Jesus is not a religion, He is a relationship.  People think God is about, "do's and dont's" and "this and thats" and a boring stuffy stuck up goody-two-shoes life, but when you experience it the way He intended us to, then you realize it's not about that at all.  We have the freedom to live and choose as we do, God doesnt expect us to be perfect, an you dont have to live sin free in order to live a wonderful relationship with Him, and you dont have to change over night in order to live for Him, because He meets you exactly where you are, everything else just falls into place later.  Jesus comes to bring life.  And just incase some person came in and messed up your theology, an just in case you were told bad things about the bible, just in case you were turned off by some bad preacher or a bad church, God says just in case you dont know the answer I'll tell you anyway, choose LIFE.  It's not a message of condemnation it's a message of hope.  You know, I bet people who read this role their eyes an say "that's not for me", well I was like that too, until I stopped listening to society's take on christianity an I really got in an found out what it's about.  I feel compelled to write this, not to preach, but because I can tell you are searching for something.  It's funny, cause most people think that when you get saved, life is supposed to be perfect, an when bad things still happen, they blame Jesus or think that it wasnt what they expected,.  Could you imagine that alter call if someone said "if you want all your problems in life to go away, if you wanna live with no one ever hating you, perfect family life, a care-free, disaster free life, then come on down!", the line would be out the door!  When you are living for Jesus, you dont magically get delivered from the problems in life, but I will tell you what you do get, you get super natural power to get through them, an to get through them well.  Living a blessed life isnt for certain people, it isnt for holy righteous preachers, or for that person over there, it is for you and anyone who is open to the word of Jesus.  The important thing to know is, you dont have to become someone you're not, an you dont have to feel like you have to change in order to follow Jesus, the important thing is to build a relationship with Him, everything else falls into place later.  God's grace allows us to make mistakes, God's love and forgiveness allows us to still get blessed and stay connected to Him even when we are struggling with a bad life, even when we arent living right.  Always remember that He is more patient with you than you are with yourself, an no matter what kind of life you live, He is never angry with you an He loves you, He just wants a relationship.  If you find that things arent going good in your life, then look at what you are sowing into, because what you sow into- you reap.  Dont let other people's screwed up views on christianity, or a bad church-experience destroy and determine your relationship with Christ.  You know, I sin, I struggle with certain things, my family life is horrible, Im normal- not some goody-two-shoes holier than thou freak, I mean Im on a GN'R forum for crying out loud haha, you can be just who you are an live for God.  My pastor is 26, he talks, dresses, looks just like the kids today, we listen to rock music at church, an we jump around like we were at a concert.  It can be fun.  Im the same exact person I was before living for Jesus, as I am now, I just now have a sense of life an a future of hope.  Before I was surrounded in darkness, now Im a happy person, even though my surrounds right now arent that good, I have a light and faith knowing that I may not know what my future holds- but I know who's holding it an I know what that Holder promises I will get, an I know that one of these tomorrow's will be a better day.  You know, I really feel like you're looking for something, you know something is out there an you wanna fill a void inside of you, you want a sense of life.  I would love to talk to you more about it.  Im a rock n roll junkie, totally normal, an I still have the same plans in life of being a make-artist/fashion model, but i also now have another calling, and that's helping people, I care so much and if you are searching for a religion, dont, search for a relationship, and I would love to tell you how life can be, if you want to, an you can send me one of those i-m things through this website.  Im sorry to write so much, I dont wanna sound like some holy-roly preacher, but once I get goin I cant stop.  Jesus isnt here to curse the darkness, but to light the candle.  You're post really caught my eye.
 Smiley
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 08:31:40 PM »

its sinple: the religion one chooses to follow is the religion whos teachings are most appealing to the one who is choosing the religion. Thus, because I belive in Jesus Christ and his teachings of heaven and of God, i am a Catholic.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »

no.. i have herd of budism in movies and what not...
but i have never found out who they worship and what thier ritual's are
thought it would be interesting to find out

FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 02:24:35 AM »

no.. i have herd of budism in movies and what not...
but i have never found out who they worship and what thier ritual's are
thought it would be interesting to find out

They don't "worship" anybody.

Do a search online, there is plenty of info on Buddhism.

You can be a Christian and still follow/believe/perform the basic teachings of Buddhism. It's a great way to live life, although it takes discipline.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: