Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Proud to be an american
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proud to be an american  (Read 7585 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 12:37:42 PM »

Oh boy that was funny! Grin Good one SLC!

Still waiting for that european clip...mmm hmm... Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »

Oh boy that was funny! Grin Good one SLC!

Still waiting for that european clip...mmm hmm... Grin

LOL, thanks.

You'll be waiting for a while...

Everybody knows that crime is higher over there because of less guns....oh...wait a minute....
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 03:52:08 PM »

UK population 60 million, 81 murders
US population 350 million? around 9000 murders

almost 20 times higher per capita...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 10:07:31 PM »

Again, why bother to do any research before you make a comment, right?  I ask that all Aussies and Brits research their crime rates now and what they were prior to the 1996 gun ban confiscation.  You will see that violent crime has increase drastically since both countries banned the private ownership of guns.  With respect to Whatever's comments on criminals getting guns, are you really that stupid?  Criminals don't follow the law and will ALWAYS have guns.  How do you think people get shot in your countries since their is no private ownership of guns.  In America, anyone who wants to own an automatic weapon must undergo an indepth background check by the FBI as well as surrender their 4th Amendment right not to be searched, as the ATF may enter your home at anytime to inspect the weapon.  Truth be told, these "Automatic" weapons legally owned are  virtually non-existent in violent crimes in America.  Look at the numbers folks before you take a stance.  Guns are used much more often in defense than in attack and work by Dr. John Lott shows that 90% of the time a weapon is used in defense it need not be fired to stop the offender.  I'm not saying that owning a gun will stop you from a violent offender, but I like the odds of being on an even playing field and having the right to defend myself if need be.  I really wish some of our Switz members would comment on how private ownership is mandatory for all citizens and how Switzerland was the only European country not attacked or under Nazi Rule in WWII.  The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting or recreational shooting, it's the defacto clause that allows Americans the ability to protect themselves against a tyranical government.  How can Americans or any country protect themselves againt the government if teh government is the only authority that has firearm access (save criminals).  If you hate George Bush and believe his is destroying our freedoms, you should definitely support the 2nd Amendment and your right to fend off that government.  Just my opinion, but at least I've looked at the numbers unlike many of you.  And with reference to the statstiic comparing America with Britain, that American figure includes suicides and accidents which account for nearly 50% of those numbers (majority being suicides).   How many Brits kill themselves by slashing their wrist, popping pills, carbon monoxide or hanging?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 12:06:38 AM »

If a gun saves even one life through self-defence (hint: it has), then guns are good. Guns give 80 year old grandfathers a fair chance against 25 year old escaped convicts.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 12:16:55 AM »

Again, why bother to do any research before you make a comment, right?  I ask that all Aussies and Brits research their crime rates now and what they were prior to the 1996 gun ban confiscation.  You will see that violent crime has increase drastically since both countries banned the private ownership of guns.  With respect to Whatever's comments on criminals getting guns, are you really that stupid?  Criminals don't follow the law and will ALWAYS have guns.  How do you think people get shot in your countries since their is no private ownership of guns.  In America, anyone who wants to own an automatic weapon must undergo an indepth background check by the FBI as well as surrender their 4th Amendment right not to be searched, as the ATF may enter your home at anytime to inspect the weapon.  Truth be told, these "Automatic" weapons legally owned are  virtually non-existent in violent crimes in America.  Look at the numbers folks before you take a stance.  Guns are used much more often in defense than in attack and work by Dr. John Lott shows that 90% of the time a weapon is used in defense it need not be fired to stop the offender.  I'm not saying that owning a gun will stop you from a violent offender, but I like the odds of being on an even playing field and having the right to defend myself if need be.  I really wish some of our Switz members would comment on how private ownership is mandatory for all citizens and how Switzerland was the only European country not attacked or under Nazi Rule in WWII.  The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting or recreational shooting, it's the defacto clause that allows Americans the ability to protect themselves against a tyranical government.  How can Americans or any country protect themselves againt the government if teh government is the only authority that has firearm access (save criminals).  If you hate George Bush and believe his is destroying our freedoms, you should definitely support the 2nd Amendment and your right to fend off that government.  Just my opinion, but at least I've looked at the numbers unlike many of you.  And with reference to the statstiic comparing America with Britain, that American figure includes suicides and accidents which account for nearly 50% of those numbers (majority being suicides).   How many Brits kill themselves by slashing their wrist, popping pills, carbon monoxide or hanging?

I believe IQ listed murders, not murders by guns....You are also ignoring the murders in the USA.

You have "looked at the numbers"? SHOW US the numbers. Show me facts, not your rant.

If the government turns out to be a bunch of cutouts, then I suppose this group of people will be able to defend themselves quite well.

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 12:58:15 AM »

UK population 60 million, 81 murders
US population 350 million? around 9000 murders

almost 20 times higher per capita...

newfoundland.... population 560 thousand..... give or take a mainlander........... has the highest rate of violent crime percapita in canada... not sure but in north america..... can seem to find the data...... St. johns..... about 50,000 has more violent attacks then any city in North america per capita......about 50-100/yr on avg... though in the year done... bout 2 yrs ago... was lke 500  that gave you a 1:100 chance of being attacked....... new york i think was lke 1:500 and it was a high year that yr too..... i checked out statscan but cant seem to find teh data set....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 02:09:59 AM »

If a gun saves even one life through self-defence (hint: it has), then guns are good. Guns give 80 year old grandfathers a fair chance against 25 year old escaped convicts.

ahahahahah ahahaha hahahahah.
very funny Smiley you just made my point.
guns are useless in the hands of you fatties rednecks Smiley i would kick the ass of all the people in the video using a soccer ball.

and Guns N RockMusic, the fact that you considet being at war against your government is very sad. were at you war with your dad ? your teachers ? did u have guns at school in case the teacher jumps on you and bites your ears ?

i mean, if you wanna have guns that's cool. but i think that the guys from Boys n Hood and Menace 2 society use them better than the ladies in Desperate Housewives...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 09:36:55 AM »

i mean, if you wanna have guns that's cool. but i think that the guys from Boys n Hood and Menace 2 society use them better than the ladies in Desperate Housewives...

Yea...A small child does not need to know how to fire an automatic weapon....
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »

well for one, i dont think accidents and suicides are considered murders hmmm...

i was comparing like with like...in fact i saw several stats this one was the lowest, the other 2 were 11,000+ and 12,000+...i guess the 9,000 one is the "official" figure...ie, its bogus

and its amusing that you are suggesting that you should have the ability to use the guns against your government, police and politicians..for one you are committing a major offence, two you would be jailed for life and three youre never going to depose the "president" because noone belongs to a single group large enough to win...but then again this is your chance to conquer since your army is half way around the world... hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Sterlingdog
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 07:51:49 PM »

I've always wondered in what circumstances people think they will use a gun for self defense. 

Let's say you are a responsible gun owner.  You get your gun legally and keep it locked up properly.  A bad guy comes in to your house, threatening you with a weapon.  What are the chances you are even going to be in the same room as your gun?  And assuming you can get to it, is the bad guy going to let you unlock the gun safe so you can shoot him?

I suppose you could carry your gun, if you have a permit.  Then if you are at a bank when they get held up, you can shoot the bad guy.  Unfortunately, in high stress situations, even those with best aim will miss and run the very real risk of hitting someone else. 

I can't quote statistics, but I have a very long association with police.  And I know of only one instance where a gun was successfully used in self defense.  And that was a bed ridden little old lady, who kept her gun next to her bed. 

Unfortunately, many people aren't responsible with their guns, and that's when the tragedies happen, like the little kids shooting themselves or each other.  Even responsible people screw up, and shoot themselves when they are cleaning their weapons.  I've known cops that have done it.

Or the legally acquired gun is stolen during a burglary.  That happens all the time.  That just allows the weapons into the hands of criminals. 

Sorry, but I have yet to see any real reason for private citizens to have guns.  As far as the "fight the government" thing, well, that's just silly.  In this country we challenge our government through democracy.  This isn't some third world nightmare where they try to overturn their government through violence every 3 months.  And I don't think any American would want it to be. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: