Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  NINTENDO REVOLUTION PAD
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NINTENDO REVOLUTION PAD  (Read 10270 times)
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 05:40:17 PM »

yes, i think every gamer is united in hate for EA

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 10:44:26 PM »

I freakin KNEW there were some people on the board waiting for this like I was. I've been telling people for the last 7 months.. "the only reason I woke up today was for Chinese Democracy and the Rev controller" (sad life i know  hihi lol)

My thoughts went from.. "WOW SUPER GAY"... to "Well maybe"... to "kinda cool but I need to try it myself"

I agree with the personal space thing.. thats a concern. But my biggest one is.. my TV is like on top of a drawer.. how can the recever pick up my controller's signal? Because the receiver goes under the T.V.... I dunno. Its just.. Nintendo claims its trying to make playing games easy but it already sounds like its gonna be a bitch to configure...

and why the FUCK would I want my fucking mom to want to play video games?! I hate it when Nintendo says "Nintendo wants your mom to want to play! Games for old non gamers!" I dont remember the last time my grandma said "I wish this controller was easyier to use so I could frag your ass"

Im just HOPING Nintendo has its act together... or eles you can call the Rev the Dreamcast 2.

-jack

O yeah.. PSP is NOT winning the handheld race. DS is outselling it. Also.. yes.. EA needs to die.

If they fuck up Zelda im gonna be PISSED.

P.S. Anyone check the MGS4 video? Wowzer. Smoke em if you got em

gnrevolution.com
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 01:07:12 AM »

i think the controler is dissapointing , i see it like  another "great innovative/we want to be different" idea by nintendo  , they have said they dont want to compete with sony or microsoft and to be honest i think its because they cant , its incredible how they lost market , they were the number one console in the world 10 years ago , and now they are the third of three at least in america and europe . yes they want the casual gamer so does microsoft with the 360 , but unlike microsoft that keeps getting other companys to make games for the 360 if nintendo keeps losing third patry companies they will sell 20 to 30 million consoles and no more  .  and i think people will be more interested in the new metal gear , the new devill may cry and tons of games that will be shown in the TGS  instead of another less than impressive presentation of nintendo this year.

its wierd for me to hear that ubisoft is so interested in nintendo when its the plataform they have invested less and created less games , i think ubisoft will be with the 360 and ps3 that are the ones that are more in the online era. 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 03:36:30 AM »

i think the controler is dissapointing , i see it like  another "great innovative/we want to be different" idea by nintendo  , they have said they dont want to compete with sony or microsoft and to be honest i think its because they cant , its incredible how they lost market , they were the number one console in the world 10 years ago , and now they are the third of three at least in america and europe . yes they want the casual gamer so does microsoft with the 360 , but unlike microsoft that keeps getting other companys to make games for the 360 if nintendo keeps losing third patry companies they will sell 20 to 30 million consoles and no more  .  and i think people will be more interested in the new metal gear , the new devill may cry and tons of games that will be shown in the TGS  instead of another less than impressive presentation of nintendo this year.

its wierd for me to hear that ubisoft is so interested in nintendo when its the plataform they have invested less and created less games , i think ubisoft will be with the 360 and ps3 that are the ones that are more in the online era. 

well off course we're making more games for 360 and ps3,, but because the dev kits came on earlier and because, ubi soft gotta make money too ...

but we were the 1st third party to start a rev project. one of my boss actually went to meet myamoto to show him the 4 ideas we had for the rev, and they liked it. im not working on the project right now, but i wish i will be soon.

and nintendo has more chance to get casual gamers (and non gamers) with these kind of controllers and the game they wanna make than microsoft and they FPS and online gaming ...

im a hardcore gamer, i know FPS are fun , and quake 4 will be the bomb. but people always forget that simple games, easy games, fun games can be waaaayyyy addictive.

so i'll play my hardcore games on PC.
and i'll have fun onmy revolution.
just like now with my DS, i have FUN playing with the ds. simple.

si nintendo did the trick. now we 'll have to see if hardcore games like (first person shootesr lets say) will be amazing or not ...

and again, in a few months, microsoft and sony will off course annouce theire motion sensor / space sensor type controller ... becaause as usual everybody copies nintendo, and thats how the gaming world works ...

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 04:12:41 AM »

U ain't one of those people that goes on about how many 'bits' a console has, and claims its good because of its ''power''?

It could be 60ft wide, transparant and cost the amount of a NASA rocket and i still wouldn't care

Its the games and their gameplay i care about, not the controller......

Nintendo have released bad games and worse consoles for a decade.

you're kinda off here.
Nintendo is everything but power race.
here are basically the dev. axis of each brand

Microsoft - online gaming / media center
Sony - stupid non sense power race - i mean look at the psp .... -
Nintendo - gameplay and innovation (innovation does not have to mean "New never done things" - it means bringing to mainstream somthing kinda new ...)

nintendo bad games ? bad consoles ? .... im not even gonna respond to that ....

finally someone who agrees with me. nintendo fan boys piss me off so much whe they talk about how great nintendo is because of its originality and "moving the industry forward". if you ask me nintendo is running out of ideas, and puts "uniqueness" ahead of quality.

of course, the big contradiction is the dozens of mario party games being released.

i dont hate nintendo, but to be honest this controller is just another touch-screen thing - something "original" but the novelty wears off after five minutes (and the even more shambolic GC-GBA connectivity). to be honest, all i can see this controller doing is inhibiting the console. why would a developer spend thousands/millions trying to comply with this stupid periphal when it can release something "normal" on another console which is actually gonna sell copies.

i will be hugely surprised if nintendo manage to see out the decade before getting into serious problems, especially now theyve lost the handheld market.

yes they do make some good stuff but nothing any more outstanding than you see on any other console, and they only make mario, mario party and zelda games.

alright.
have you played Kirby Canvas Curse on Nintendo Ds ?
nintendo is about fun. that's it.
fun = emotions = main objective in game design.

uniqueness and originality are what drives game designer to make new games. if sony ruled the world we would play 5 games, with a new edition every year ... oh wait .....

LOST THE HANDLED MARKET ?? are you kidding me ?
the psp is sellling to 30 years old + that dont care about games and just want something trendy and flashy.
i'm sure 90% pf the psp are staying home right now because the system was NOT thought as a portable ssystem (loading time anyone ?)

we have like 10 psps at my office, NO ONE USE them. we got all exited for like 2 weeks and now, no one cares.
DS games are best selling.
why? ? because the people who bought the DS are gamers (game lover or kids) so they buy games
the 30s years old working men that bought the psp dont have time for games.
thats why DS games are all in top 20 in japan
thats why nintendogs is best selling in the us
that is why the psp sells more movies than games on UMD.

but im not gonna argue about how nintendo is bad or good, or how madden 06 is great game design or not ... cause it's useless. im not gonna talk about game design here ...

and big editors ARE going nintendo

you know why ?
because the ps3 will cost 400
the xbox 360 around 400 also with all the accessories

1 - the nintendo will be both CHEAP and very CASUAL (meaning your mom will wanna play stupid silly fun game when she comes hiome from work)
meaning the nintendo games are GONNA sell.
2 - people that will buy the xbox or the ps3, and who love games, are still gonna buy the cheap nintendo just for fun, cause it's special.

but hey.
thats just my opinion

now i just wish, ubi soft sends me on a nintendo project, i'll keep you guys psoted Smiley

I smell .. GEEK  hihi

Anyway, my vote goes for ps3 (Just look at the fight night 3)

I don't play "fun" girlie games with a jumping Picatchu in it (Just lead it through the forest of man eating bunnies and butterflies, oh the fun!). Those games are girlie, you hear me, girlie!

When it goes to gaming it's either pedal to the metal (Burnout and Gran Turismo-series), boxing (fight night), other fighting (Tekken etc.) or Hockey. And with those I can double the fun when I have a friend over. Oh, and if I want fun, there's always Gran Theft Auto.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 06:20:58 AM »

ahahah

im' not a GEEEkKKK !!
Smiley

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 06:37:51 AM »

ahahah

im' not a GEEEkKKK !!
Smiley

but you like girlie games  hihi

What's wrong with some fist-to-fist action?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 07:04:09 AM »

I'm really not that impressed. I'm not sure we're looking at the same thing. It looks like my TV remote controller. What's so great in that?

Anyway, I'm really not waiting for the new Nintendo system or controller or whatever. I don't like Nintendo games so I never bought a Nintendo system. I borrowed a SNES from a friend of mine when I was like 12 or whatever to play Super Zelda but that was it. The new Xbox looks pretty cool but I don't think I'll buy it, I'm saving up money for the PS3. The new Sony controller looked pretty weird but hopefully the final production will be better.

I still don't get what's so great about the new Nintendo controller...lol Can you switch channels and adjust brightness/ contrast with it? Grin

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 07:16:06 AM »

ahahah

im' not a GEEEkKKK !!
Smiley

i like all games. and usually fist-to-fist gay games are poor game design.

will : regarde la video que j'ai mis dans mon 2?me post, il n'y a pas QUE la telecommande.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 08:37:06 AM »

This is the best version of Nintendo  Grin

No man can be my equal
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2005, 10:24:13 AM »

ahahah

im' not a GEEEkKKK !!
Smiley

i like all games. and usually fist-to-fist gay games are poor game design.

I must say I saw this coming Smiley

neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2005, 07:02:14 PM »

WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin , are they plans to a new rainbow six game for the new consoles? (im pretty sure it is )
and how does Rainbow six lockdown is doing in the eyes of Ubisoft ?  because i see many people dissapointed (myself included alittle bit) , bad reviews , and this looked to be the next big online game of the xbox .  i have to say that Ubisoft its one of my favorite companys just because they develop very good games , Rainbow six (wich it takes 90% of my gaming time),Splinter cell ,etc. im looking forward to Ghost Reacon 3 that looks pretty cool , and its pretty weird to see the center of Mexico in the game , it looks amazingly real .
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2005, 07:13:03 PM »

but people always forget that simple games, easy games, fun games can be waaaayyyy addictive.

Agreed... 4 player Mario Tennis is the bomb!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2005, 05:21:43 AM »

WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin , are they plans to a new rainbow six game for the new consoles? (im pretty sure it is )
and how does Rainbow six lockdown is doing in the eyes of Ubisoft ?  because i see many people dissapointed (myself included alittle bit) , bad reviews , and this looked to be the next big online game of the xbox .  i have to say that Ubisoft its one of my favorite companys just because they develop very good games , Rainbow six (wich it takes 90% of my gaming time),Splinter cell ,etc. im looking forward to Ghost Reacon 3 that looks pretty cool , and its pretty weird to see the center of Mexico in the game , it looks amazingly real .

well i guess we can say, that, no we're not happy with the new rainbow 6 4. i worked on it too. we did ton of reports and analyse on it telling the devs were going the wrong way.... they di not listen ...which is stupid .... so yeah it sucks, ihavent played since may, but i dont think it changed a lot when it came out.

ghost recon 3 will be the bomb on xbox 360, and pc ... its not looking good on normal xbox now. we'll have new version this week we'll see what they did ...

and the king kong game will be cool too - on every support, even psp - . not hardcore hard game, but very immersive and follows closely the movie.

purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »

imagine what 4 player games will be like on revolution.

haha imagine someone walking in on four people swaying about infront of a tv. brilliant.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »

Screw Nintendo Wink Ps3's going to be better then Nintendo Revolution and xbox 360 Combined.

Look at the controller of that baby

drool  drool  drool  yes ok

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 01:17:13 PM by t800 series » Logged

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
Evolution
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005, 02:17:47 PM »

That controller looks like a boomerang, bring back the NES  yes
POPmetal
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2005, 04:43:55 PM »

I don't play video games but I like anything that's innovative and the Revolution controller caught my attention. If Nintendo did this right, meaning it responds in real time and the sensors are extremely accurate, I just might buy my first game console ever. I thought the DS with the stupid touch screen was crap though.
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005, 10:51:31 PM »

That controller looks like a boomerang, bring back the NES? yes

I prefer the boomerang look then a T.V Remote Control for a game console controller , bra
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 11:37:37 PM by t800 series » Logged

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 12:41:54 AM »

I don't play video games but I like anything that's innovative and the Revolution controller caught my attention. If Nintendo did this right, meaning it responds in real time and the sensors are extremely accurate, I just might buy my first game console ever. I thought the DS with the stupid touch screen was crap though.

Hey thats what Nintendos aiming for. Check it out eh?

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: