Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Israel : 18 deads. Kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Israel : 18 deads. Kids.  (Read 13525 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »

I replied to a poster who said that Palestine used the media to their advantage.

You claimed that most of America is not sympathetic to Israel.

I disagreed saying that the Israel Lobby makes sure we see them in a good light by shaping our medias reporting on Israel. Using specific words, while deleting others etc.

Your response: You never said there was not an Israel Lobby. That was not what I said to you. Therefore, you changed the subject in order to avoid my point, or wasn't paying attention.

Keep up.
We were talking about thepro-Israeli impact on the media. ?I told you that I thought you were wrong. ?You then replied by talking about a general pro-Israeli lobby to our government.? Tell me how your second post responds to my post?? It skirts the issue and changes the subject. ?Again, I think you are wrong on the media point. ?However, I will not deny that there is a pro-Israeli lobby to our government. ?Just like there is a pro-Chinese and a pro-Palestinian.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:14:55 PM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »

I don't think the palestinians exhausted all their options before they started terrorizing civilians.  Days after the UN recognized Israel as a country and the Brits withdrew from the Palestine Mandate the Arabs ordered attacks against Jewish civilians.  Where were the peaceful marches? The demonstrations? The appeals to the world for sympathy?

Sigh

Do u actually know about the evnts that led to the declaration of an Israeli state?

I assume u therefore know about the jewish terrorism, the attacks on British forces etc, the crippling cost of keeping forces there to police the area?

Whats my point? Ur still viewing this from a certain perspective. You need to lose that perspective.

You mean how the british kept Jews in detention camps and banned them from immigrating so as not to upset the oil rich Arabs??  The attacks and assasinations used by the jews against the british are just as bad as the terrorist attacks now.  There are other methods then violence.  I don't condone either one.  So what perspective do you suggest i gain if you're telling me to lose the one I have.  I should have YOUR perspective is what you're saying?  Roll Eyes

If Hamas/palestine should be upset with anyone it should be the UN for the creation of Israel.  Don't blame the people who were in detention camps prior to being given a country of their own.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2006, 05:57:12 AM »

Whatever-Buggin - I wouldn't say I am "pro-Israel", more like anti terrorism.? If I am "anti-muslim/arabic" then I must hate myself as I am part Lebanese.? I am not Jewish (catholic actually) nor is anyone in my family.? Despite your assumptions and accusations I am NOT pro-violence.? I hate it and believe it should be a last resort.? Sometimes it is the only action available.? I don't think the palestinians exhausted all their options before they started terrorizing civilians.? Days after the UN recognized Israel as a country and the Brits withdrew from the Palestine Mandate the Arabs ordered attacks against Jewish civilians.? Where were the peaceful marches? The demonstrations? The appeals to the world for sympathy?
if a 13 years old corpse does not appeal the world sympathy, i dont think peaceful march would. but you are in some ways right, i just want to focus on the current situtation.

Do I sympathize with them, of course I do.? If someone came to me and said, "sorry, you can't live here anymore, we're giving this land to someone else" - I'd be furious.? I'd be angry as hell.? But I can honestly say I would never resort to violence.
we should never resort to violence in quick jump. Israel and The USA might need to hear you on that.

Let me ask you this, do you sympathize with Israel at all?? What would you do if you were them and everyone around you wanted you to die, wanted to kill you?? Do you think the terror groups are in the wrong at all?
I sympathize with the fact that civilians are facing terrorism. That they are stuck and not going in the right direction: peace.
Terror group are wrong, tha'ts a no brainer.
Altho, since 911, we are quick to qualify groups as terrorists. And we are blind on seeing the reasons and sources of these things. Before 9/11 terrorism was the explosion of violence from a certain situation, and when terrorism was the voice of the poors, the voice of the oppressed, we were understanding that.
Now terrorism is terrorism.
If i come to your house and slaughter your family, and you come back and bomb my car: you will be the evil one. no question asked. The bush administration has taken the world to a step where we don't reason anymore (cf. patriot act)

Your assertion that the person in Illinios is misinformed, uneducated and "wrong" for siding with Israel is pretty silly.? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.? Cleary there is no clear right or wrong here, yet I get the feeling you think there is.? You mentioned a few times that the "bigger" of the two is always the more evil/empiric then the "weaker, smaller" underdog.? This is also patently false.? The majority is not always in the wrong.? To say the ONLY plausible explanation is racism or hate for arab people is also pretty stupid and inflamatory.? If you really think thats the ONLY reason someone could side with Israel more then the terrorists then you are reading VERY biased material.
i was out of line there. yes.

For your SECOND and IMPORTANT question:
Yes, I am aware of the political and economic obstacles imposed by Israel and some of them are very severe. I do not for a second think they are total angels in the conflict.? I never said they were.

Can you list the bad things about Palestine/Hamas???
HAMAS: terrorism, fanatical religion, stuborness, violence ... list goes on.
PALESTINE: this is a country, composed by m any opinions. do not apply here.

I have more to say but I have to get going.? I hope you answer my questions as I have answered yours.

PEACE

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »

The attacks and assasinations used by the jews against the british are just as bad as the terrorist attacks now.?

your point being?

There are other methods then violence.  I don't condone either one.  So what perspective do you suggest i gain if you're telling me to lose the one I have.  I should have YOUR perspective is what you're saying?  Roll Eyes

Exactly. I call it right down the middle - anything else is just bias

If Hamas/palestine should be upset with anyone it should be the UN for the creation of Israel.  Don't blame the people who were in detention camps prior to being given a country of their own.

I'm fairly sure they are angry with the UN  -as well as America, Britian, France, Russia, Outer Mongolia, the moon, ET, the bad guy in Goldfinger etc etc

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:12 PM »

just a wittle reminder

maybe we should go back to that kinda of fair distribution

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »

The attacks and assasinations used by the jews against the british are just as bad as the terrorist attacks now.

your point being?

There are other methods then violence.  I don't condone either one.  So what perspective do you suggest i gain if you're telling me to lose the one I have.  I should have YOUR perspective is what you're saying?  Roll Eyes

Exactly. I call it right down the middle - anything else is just bias

I'm fairly sure they are angry with the UN  -as well as America, Britian, France, Russia, Outer Mongolia, the moon, ET, the bad guy in Goldfinger etc etc

I don't think taking a side, taking a stance on something is bias at all.  if you only get the facts from one side, that is bias.  If you educate yourself on every side of the story and make an informed conclusion that is not bias.  If you split the middle on ever single issue I don't respect you for that - I loathe people who can't make up their minds, form an opinion or take a side.  This situation is DEFINITELY not a case of 100% wrong/ 100% right, but even in gray areas you can still take a side.  Same goes for abortion, death penalty, gun control --- these are all hotly debated topics in american soicety.  you're suggesting we should all split the middle?  I don't.  Compromising is one thing, standing on the sidelines is another. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2006, 03:12:37 PM »

I can't call Israel a Jewish state because judaism condemns terrorism which is what israel government is like. Hamas government is bloody nuts. they're just crazy. think about it, if they h8 israel soo much the arabs Israel=nothing. but look there are people there and its rich as cheese

btw, British did a lot of damage to arab nations and damage to USA. Apparently british cheated usa into war

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: