Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Mel Gibson's Apocalypto
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mel Gibson's Apocalypto  (Read 6313 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »

I'll be seeing this - but is the graphic violence really needed in all Mel's films, is he some kind of psycho?

...oh wait, yes of course he is...

Could have done without the subtitles - not because i cant read (i can, just) but because if i wanted to read for 2 hours i would have got a book....kinda defeats the point of seeing a film

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 04:35:35 PM »

I'll be seeing this - but is the graphic violence really needed in all Mel's films, is he some kind of psycho?

Could have done without the subtitles - not because i cant read (i can, just) but because if i wanted to read for 2 hours i would have got a book....kinda defeats the point of seeing a film

there is more than dialogs in a movie.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »

Really? confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »

Really? confused

well

if movie + subtitles = book  to you,

then you didnt know that.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:55 PM »

I saw the movie, I was excited to see it.? ?I am a big fan of Braveheart, enjoyed Passion of the Christ (as a one time thing) and I thought Payback was 90% cool.? I don't really give a damn about Mel's opinions on jews or tits or anything, as long as they aren't in the movie.  Edit: and by that, I mean to say, I don't care as long as his opinions aren't in the movie.  I have nothing against jews or tits being in movies (and there are a lot of tits in this movie).

The movie was beautiful.? It was kinda boring though.? There are basically two endings, one I already had spoiled for me, and the other is kinda obvious.? It's not nearly violent enough.? With all the press it had been getting, I thought it'd be way worse than Braveheart, but it's not even close.? Sure, there's a bit more visual gore, but overall, it's not that violent, and only one scene came off as gratiutious to me.? ?Like Passion of the Christ, I'm glad I saw it once, but I probably don't need to see it again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:38:21 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »

SLC... Stop this shit now.

I already had......

Fair enough.. Didn't read the follow up.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »

press usually goes crazy about violence when there is nothing there.

i remember them going insane on kill bill saying it was so gore and violent ... then you see the movie and you're like " wtf ? " .....

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 11:11:19 PM »

Just Watched this few hours ago.

I thought the first half of the movie held together really well. Scene where the newly captured prisoners arrive to the mayan city was horrible in a good way. Then the movie  steadily began getting ridiculous. Jaguar Paw turned from a very vunlerable human into some sort of a James Bond figure who stumbles from deus ex machina to another. Which was fine in itself for 10 mins or so.  Then it got boring. By the time he is saved from sacrifical altar/shooting range/pissed off jaguar you kinda stop worrying if people fire few arrows at him.

In overall was a fine movie..

..That made me hate Mel Gibson even more.
Savage Mayans live off decadent life, massacre humans non stop, drink blood and scratch their asses. the Only Good Indian in the entire movie gets saved, along his saint wife, by noble conquisators who come to put and end to all the godless madness.Right.
A random movie doesn't have to give accurate portrayal of Mayans or anyting but come on. Gibson's vision was about as flattering and accurate as signing romans off as gay people who like to gather ar colosseum to watch as humans get eaten by lions would have been

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:18:41 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: