Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Anti-Smoking Hidden Agenda / gun control perhaps?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anti-Smoking Hidden Agenda / gun control perhaps?  (Read 3260 times)
NoHate
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 21, 2007, 07:30:04 PM »

Anti-Smoking Hidden Agenda / gun control perhaps?

by Thomas Robb

I don't smoke.

Never have!

And I don't particularly like being closed in a room with someone who does smoke. It makes my eyes water and I feel like I am being gassed.

You know what I mean - gassed! Like those 6,000,000 so-called gassed Jews who migrated to New York after World War II

I am convinced that smoking causes cancer and numerous other health problems. I'm over 50 years old and as long as I remember it was taught as common knowledge that smoking can cause cancer.

I almost always sit in the no smoking section.

That smoking causes cancer is understood.

I guess this is why even smokers call cigarettes - cancer sticks. It really should be of no surprise to anyone. If there is anyone alive today who does not know smoking causes cancer it must be because they are operating with the brain capacity of a retarded banana.

Yet we seem to always hear of some idiot suing tobacco companies because he got cancer after years of smoking, as if old R.J. Reynolds himself shoved a cigarette in the guys mouth and forced him to smoke.

If you smoke it's your decision. Nobody makes you do it. But even though this fact is obvious we must understand that as a people we have been making a full scale retreat away from personal responsibility. Liberalism has taught us that no matter what happens - some one else is responsible. We are taught to whine, "It's not my fault." The criminal blames society and the poor blame the rich. No matter what goes wrong in our lives, we are taught to blame someone else.

We are victims

We are victims. All of us! Every one is a victim of someone else. Regardless what happens or what laws may have been broken or what kind of horrible crime may have been committed. The first line of defense is somebody made him do it.

Perhaps the Jewish homosexual Frued, the father of modern psychology started it all when he began claiming we are suffering some kind of neurosis brought about by a domineering mother.

We all would be perfect ladies and gentlemen. But because of this person or that person, we did something for which we can't be held responsible - He made me do it!

So the politicians are waging a battle against the tobacco companies. Liberalism has got to blame somebody. It's not the smoker who put the cigarette in his mouth which caused his lungs to be rotted away with cancer that is to blame.

Its those tobacco companies.

The smoker, according to this mumbled philosophy is only a victim.

The tobacco companies must be held responsible we are told. And so people who themselves have been taught the "blame someone else game," stand as jurors and deliver multi-million dollar judgments against the tobacco companies because poor old Joe Camel made some guy light up a cigarette.

We are all being dutifully taught somebody has to pay. And it's not going to be the smokers - after all they are just the victim. Its those tobacco companies.

Let's go get them.

No mercy!

We'll tear them apart. We won't leave anything left over by the time we're done. We must hold them responsible for what they have done.

Its' the law you know! Jurors have ruled numerous times that the tobacco companies are responsible for the products they manufacture.

If they are going to make cigarettes then they have to be prepared to face the responsibility for what their products do.

Their reasoning is illogical!

I am afraid however, that as the American people follow the pied piper down the trail in their zeal to "put it to" the tobacco companies through numerous laws and court decisions we will have paved our own road to destruction. We will see those who hate America and our freedoms and especially the 2nd amendment use these same laws and court decisions against gun and ammunition manufactures, attempting to hold them responsible for the products they manufacture.

We know cigarettes cause cancer and death and because of the current mood ( as dictated by political tyrants and the media ) the American people are all too willing to believe they are too weak to accept personal responsibility. We need the government to protect us. Sobbing liberals and other idiots in general, say the American people are too stupid to accept personal responsibility so they will hold the tobacco companies responsible.

With laws in effects and morons as jurors it seems we have definitely and firmly established the legal precedent of tobacco companies and not smokers being responsible every time a person lights up.

The hidden agenda is plain. It's not tobacco companies the traitors in government are after... IT'S YOUR GUNS! ...Your right to self defense!

If they can make tobacco companies responsible for the deaths of smokers, the very same laws will make gun manufactures responsible for the guns they manufacture.

It will be said " Those guys at the gun companies, they know guns can kill and therefore they are responsible for what their guns do."

We will soon see a murderer pleading in court " I never would have killed those people if I didn't have a gun." Or perhaps, some liberal so-called do gooder will decide to sue the gun companies on behalf of some misguided victim who is led to believe his suffering is caused by the company making the gun, not the criminal shooting the gun.

The same laws which says the smoker would not have smoked if the tobacco companies didn't make cigarettes will also claim the murderer would not have killed if the gun companies didn't make guns. The murderer? He was just a victim.

Will gun owners be held responsible if their gun is stolen and used by a criminal?

The outcome - many people may quit smoking - cigarettes will be too expensive to buy - too regulated. There will be more laws, more regulations, more portrayals of evil gun owners. Many people may quit owning guns - but criminals will have guns, tyrants in Washington D.C. will have guns and those who would like to see White Christians disappear will have guns.

The bottom line - freedom loving Americans are being set up!

Fear the government that fears your gun!

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:21:09 PM »

Whatever you're smoking, I want it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:41:02 PM »

For a second Walk, I thought this was you posting!  hihi

Seriously, lock this ridiculous thread.  Do your hate-mongering elsewhere please.  Roll Eyes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:07:49 PM »

Gone.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »

Idiots posting this kind of nonsense should be banned on the spot.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »

I dunno if I should lock this as no rules have been broken.? Let's see what the next moderator on the scene thinks.. Undecided
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »

I say let this one live for a while.. Wow!!! I mean wow!!

I'm almost speechless.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

You guys don't think this was just a tad anti-semetic?? 

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »

Anti-Smoking Hidden Agenda / gun control perhaps?

posts 1, i think that says it all, clearly its spam, sent by the jihads.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:15:23 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »

Now why would you quote the whole thing just to say that?

And HannaHat. Sure it's anti-semitic, but it's anti-a-lot-of-things and so fucking ridiculous throughout that no one can really take offence of what is said there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:17:02 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »

natural reaction Skeba, i shall edit it.... ok

html sucks
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »

Scary thing is he's not that far off. First Phillip Morris, then McDonalds. Lockheed Martin seems the logical next step (aside from the fact that they're friends with President, that should help for a while).

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

And HannaHat. Sure it's anti-semitic, but it's anti-a-lot-of-things and so fucking ridiculous throughout that no one can really take offence of what is said there.

I see your point - but sadly I think some people may agree with what its saying.  Whats ridiculous to most of us might "make sense" to others.  I think hate speech should just be ignored.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »

polluxlm

They're not getting sued because they make those things.

They're sued because they claimed that consuming their products wasn't harmfull.

And as for McDonalds, if I remember correctly, they claimed that their food had everything needed in a a healthy meal (or some other bullshit like that).

None of these lawsuits would propably go through here though (and if I'm not mistaken, neither did the McDonalds one...).

I think these things have more to do with false advertising and lying than anything else. Sure there are people trying to take advantage of these lies and some of them are getting away with it. But it's not all bad. Some good things have come out of it, but the other side is of course that it does drive some idiots into believing that they're not responsible for their own actions.

Has pretty much nothing to do with anti-gun laws though (at least in the sense what the original poster was trying to sell).

eddie_dean
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 12:55:29 PM »

It has everything to do with anti-gun laws.  Rather than focus on the criminals, many try to conjure up excuses to remove blame.  They want to point the finger at the evil company rather than the truly evil individual.  The original poster was right, there is a trend of victimization in America and it's not coming from the right or center.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 01:46:25 PM »

There's a shitload of people trying to do a shitload of stupid stuff when they feel that they're doing the 'right thing'.

But it doesn't mean that any of those movements will have any political influence. Especially with your gun situation. Like I said. The cigarette companies were found lying. Each of them poured a shitload of money to fabricate results in studies saying smoking is not hazardous. They even had major tobacco company owners say under oath (sp?) that smoking is not harful for one's health.

There is not a single gun manufacturer that is making studies that would say guns don't kill people. They might be making studies about how people are 'safer' with guns than without, but that's another deal. They can't make the gun companies pay for crimes commited by other people. Especially since they're not responsible for the distribution of the merchandise. Or they are, but they're working well within the limits of the US laws. There really is no need to be working outside the law since the laws are so loose over there that it's possible to buy guns very easily and legally.

They can get maybe the laws changed, and make guns more hard to get. But suing the weapon industry for making weapons? I really don't think anyone will do it successfully at this point. Just like tobacco-companies are not being sued for making tobacco.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »

Is there a reason this hasn't been deleted? 

I have nothing against his tobacco gun conspiracy theory, but the anti-semitic and anti-gay remarks are completely unnecessary.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »

ok.. I'll lock it up. Though I still don't think anyone can seriously be offended by the first post. Though some people get offended by odd things sometimes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: