Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Drew Bledsoe retires--is he Hall of Fame material?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drew Bledsoe retires--is he Hall of Fame material?  (Read 4416 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »

His career stats are  good, over 44,000 yards passing, and in the top 10 in a lot of other categories. But no championships. Does he deserve HOF?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »

Hmm maybe not. I think no championships will hurt him.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »

He won't be so much as remembered as taking the Patriots to the Super Bowl in the 90's as he will be remembered as the guy Belichick benched in favor of Tom Brady.
deadflowerII
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:04:18 PM »

no,he really didn't do shit.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:11 AM »

The Guy had decent numbers. Here are some of his accomplishments.

He currently ranks fifth all-time in career attempts and completions, and is seventh all-time in career passing yardage.

He is 13th all-time in career touchdown passes.

In 2000, he became just the fourth quarterback in league history to have seven consecutive 3,000-yard passing seasons.

In 2005 he also became just the 10th player in NFL history to reach the 40,000 passing yard plateau, reaching the mark in his 172nd career game, the fifth fastest player to reach that milestone.

He holds the league record for pass attempts (70) and completions (45) in a game, setting the mark against Minnesota on Nov. 13, 1994. In that game, he also threw no interceptions, setting a league mark for pass attempts in a game without an interception.

In 1993-94 he had a string of four-straight 300-yard passing games, the sixth longest streak in league history.

In his career, Bledsoe has four overtime touchdown passes, the most in NFL history.

Drew Bledsoe may have not had a stellar career, and though I don't believe he'll get in soon I do believe he deserves to someday make it into the NFL Hall Of Fame. Though that could just be the fan in me talking. I always liked football and the Patriots because of my grandfather. But I did not become a passionate fan until I saw him play for Washington State when I was 12, and when he was drafted to the Patriots, on that day, he single handly carried me over from a casual NFL fan to a die hard Patriots and NFL Fan. I enjoyed watching him play and will always remember his first 7 years, because during that time it truly felt like I was watching one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.?I followed his career after the Patriots, and though he was clearly not as good I always enjoyed watching him each and every time he walked on the field. I will miss Drew Bledsoe.? smoking

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:54:11 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:46:56 PM »

ummmmmmmmmmm NO

no way this guy even comes close.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 11:53:50 PM »

dude is a decent qb. could have been great but ....no dude isn't even close.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 10:26:16 PM »

He has hall of fame worthy stats, but no I don't think he'll get in.  And he does have a Super Bowl ring.  He was on the Pats for their first championship.  Brady was the starter, but Bledsoe did play in the AFC championship game when Brady went down early in the game.  He did not return and Bledsoe helped lead them to the Super Bowl.  He's a MAJOR reason the Patriots becamce a powerhouse in the NFL.  Before he got to New England they were pretty much laughable.  He was a great talent but he never seemed to get much better as his career progressed.  He still made a lot of stupid mistakes even in his 14th year in the NFL.  So no hall of fame, but a damn fine career.  And as a Patriot fan, I thank Drew for all he did.  People may not realize what a warrior he was.  I remember him leading the Patriots in a 4th quarter comeback once after he broke a finger on his throwing hand. 

Of course, with all that being said I also have to thank Mo Lewis of the NY Jets for knocking Drew out of the game back on Sept. 23rd, 2001 opening the door for All World QB Tom Brady.  Who knows what would've happened if that hit never occurred.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 12:20:32 AM »

Of course, with all that being said I also have to thank Mo Lewis of the NY Jets for knocking Drew out of the game back on Sept. 23rd, 2001 opening the door for All World QB Tom Brady.  Who knows what would've happened if that hit never occurred.

hard to believe something like that would actually help them so much in the long run. as much as i dislike the pats being a jets fan even i have to admit brady is a great quarterback.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »

Not a great career

Was well on his way early on with New England, but he ended up being just a decent player - nothing special

I would not want him in the HOF
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »

I don't think he deserves the HoF, despite his stats and some great years.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 11:16:51 PM »

def not HOF material

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 07:13:14 PM »

Drew was great. But he hurt him self after the 2001 season. Bills, Cowboys just was not good for him no I got in to football in 93 when he want to the Pats. I still have tons of rookie cards

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »

In my eyes I'd have to say close but no cigar.

However, I think because of the numbers, it's 50-50. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: