Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]  (Read 66008 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2006, 12:49:39 AM »

oh i totally agree there. we need an album release date ASAP or at the least a single so we will have a "goal" to look forward to........

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
RichardNixon
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2006, 12:59:37 AM »

If the album comes out in Nov/Dec, that's still six months away. No one put out a release date that far in advance.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2006, 01:00:55 AM »

Uhh.. I like that. Thank you very much for the review, Ignatius.

I'm going to be now cause it's 524 am and I'm tired. I'm just gonna add that I met Christos and Mean Machine. We couldn't get to do anything cause they were exhausted and had to catch a plane to Lisbon tomorrow

Just out of curiosity, was it Mean Machine or Mean Bone that you met?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2006, 01:06:53 AM »

I don't have time to go through the whole thread to see if someone's posted this, so I'm just gonna ask:

1) What time does it start?
2) Is anyone going to do the updates?

To answer your first question... check out the post directly above yours... (2200)

Lol, thanks. I went through the first 2 pages, didn't find anything so I clicked reply. But I'll delete that.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2006, 01:16:09 AM »

If the album comes out in Nov/Dec, that's still six months away. No one put out a release date that far in advance.

Even a PR indicating a single release date will generate excitement. 

Hell, two singles before the album drops would be awesome.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2006, 01:19:23 AM »

i don't get how some people are expecting the band to play all the new songs. then the album won't have anything surprising or new at all.  these days people can post recordings online in no time, its not like 1991 where they had more freedom to do that.

I think the fact that there is still no album, single, or release date on the horizon which drives most of the criticism, aside from the tardiness.

Jameslofton has said it a million times; to tour without that album release date engraved in stone will haunt this tour. They need something out there in many ways to make up from the hubris of 2002.

That being said, I am so happy that Axl is healthy and happy. The band seems tight and focused. Now they have to deliver to the marketplace.

While I think it would have made for a better concert/tour to have CD released before hand, the fact of the matter is its not.  If you can move past that, they are still playing new songs.  If you're not a die hard and didn't go to any of the shows in 01-02 then all of these would be new to you (and yes, there are PLENTY of people who fall into those categories):

The blues
CD
Madagascar
Better
TWAT
IRS

Thats 6 new songs.  Thats not too bad.  Considering how the new songs haven't generated half the excitement as the classics, I really don't understand why people keep saying we need MORE new songs.  The energy goes way down when the new songs are played, and thats even with the die hards singing along .......can you imagine if NOBODY knew the words to a new song?  You'd have a boring concert.  You guys have to realize that not everyone is on HTGTH or mygnr and on their computer downloading leaks and bootlegs.  Right now the band is concentrating on putting on a good concert, not about putting out new songs.  If the euro tour is as exciting as the NYC shows, nothing is going to haunt this tour.  The people who saw the Hammerstein shows are STILL talking about what they saw and heard.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2006, 01:22:14 AM »

A press release, single or release date isn't going to make for a better show though or pacify people if the band is going on "late" (and how anyone can go to a GNR show without expecting to maybe have to wait is just beyond me). 

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2006, 01:31:18 AM »

A press release, single or release date isn't going to make for a better show though or pacify people if the band is going on "late" (and how anyone can go to a GNR show without expecting to maybe have to wait is just beyond me). 

The crowd reaction is one element; the media interpretation of this tour is another. Bad reviews will hamstrung this tour, especially on the US leg, if there is no album in support. Axl must be aware of this and willing to take the criticism if it means getting these players the exposure they deserve and proving that they can tour without problems. I believe it is an acceptable risk but we should be ready for somewhat of the same brushback we felt in 2002.

Thats 6 new songs.  Thats not too bad.  Considering how the new songs haven't generated half the excitement as the classics, I really don't understand why people keep saying we need MORE new songs.  The energy goes way down when the new songs are played, and thats even with the die hards singing along ..

The crowd reaction is minimal because there is no album in support. If the new material is strong, the crowd will react to it.

I am not criticizing the band for embarking on this tour; I embrace it. But we cannot expect the public to fully embrace the new guys without something to judge their creative talents. There will be bad reviews, unfortunately. Many like we saw in 2002.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 01:35:33 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2006, 01:37:00 AM »

But thats my point...there IS no album in support.  So it'd be INSANE to play even MORE new songs......see what I'm saying?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2006, 01:38:25 AM »

But thats my point...there IS no album in support.  So it'd be INSANE to play even MORE new songs......see what I'm saying?

I wasn't in anyway arguing that they should play more new songs. I agree that they should not.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2006, 01:43:21 AM »

I wasn't in anyway arguing that they should play more new songs. I agree that they should not.

Cool - then we're on the same page Wink haha.  When I first wrote my thoughts I was more or less agreeing with what Chief wrote then what you had responded to him.

As for CD release date = a successful tour, I do disagree there.  How Axl sounds live and how the new guys play is whats going to drive it.  Any bad review that isn't focusing on the music is just a bad, "bad review".  All bias aside, I don't see how anyone wouldn't think the NYC shows were all huge successes.

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2006, 01:58:54 AM »

Great review, thanks for the info. People need to come to terms with the fact that they most likely aren't going to be debuting any more unheard songs. It sucks, but it also makes sense. Be happy they are playing as many new songs as they are, including There Was a Time. That doesn't explain why they won't drop in one or two from UYI, but I digress. And yeah, a release date would be really nice.

Hopefully Axl and the boys can blow some minds on Saturday night with another great show.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2006, 02:00:38 AM »

Cool - then we're on the same page Wink haha.  When I first wrote my thoughts I was more or less agreeing with what Chief wrote then what you had responded to him.

As for CD release date = a successful tour, I do disagree there.  How Axl sounds live and how the new guys play is whats going to drive it.  Any bad review that isn't focusing on the music is just a bad, "bad review".  All bias aside, I don't see how anyone wouldn't think the NYC shows were all huge successes.

The NYC shows were tremendous successes for this band. I was hoping for a carry over but these latest reviews were brutal reads.

The old songs will make the shows enjoyable for mainstream fans but only a strong album will keep this band relevant, of course.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2006, 02:09:02 AM »

The NYC shows were tremendous successes for this band. I was hoping for a carry over but these latest reviews were brutal reads.

The old songs will make the shows enjoyable for mainstream fans but only a strong album will keep this band relevant, of course.

Totally agree  ok   The album WILL come.  A new disc is def necessary for Axl to establish the 2006 GNR, absolutely, but for RIGHT NOW, I just hope they put on a kick ass show.

Where are the bad reviews - I've only read a few member ones and they seemed pretty positive.  I saw one link to a spanish site, but my High School espanol is a bit rusty Wink

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2006, 02:35:27 AM »

Well, just got back to my home city after an amazing night.
Ignatius' s review is just perfect, so there's not really much to add.....It was an amazing show by Axl, his voice was just perfect!!!. He was, as this has been the case lately, in a great great mood!!!. If feeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooddddddd, nananananaaaaaaaaaa.

In my opinion, the show could have been a bit more intense, casuse:

a) there were way too many solos in my opinion.

b) almost a third of the concert were new songs, which is great for us downloading motherfuckers but no so great for 95 % of the audience.

Anyway, it was really great to see Axl in such a good shape. I think his voice was better in this show than in the one I saw back in 93.

Enjoy Lisbon!!! beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2006, 02:37:23 AM »

i love it when people try to determine what will "haunt" guns... ungrateful pricks.

edit: now when nearly a third of the setlist is new songs without even having an album out, these so-called "fans" will find something new to complain about... guns is back and all these faggots do is complain. such a shame.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:39:38 AM by bumblerocks » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2006, 02:37:51 AM »

What's the big deal about them coming out at 12 at these shows?  They still played 2 and a half hours.  At NYC the show was announced as supposed to start at 9 but they didn't take the stage until after 11, but no one was complaining or threatening a riot
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:42 AM »

i love it when people try to determine what will "haunt" guns... ungrateful pricks.

edit: now when nearly a third of the setlist is new songs without even having an album out, these so-called "fans" will find something new to complain about... guns is back and all these faggots do is complain. such a shame.

Well, you will make alot of friends around here posting like that.  Roll Eyes

I suggest that you lighten your tone and allow discussion to proceed without insulting the community.

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2006, 02:49:28 AM »

Well, just got back to my home city after an amazing night.
Ignatius' s review is just perfect, so there's not really much to add.....It was an amazing show by Axl, his voice was just perfect!!!. He was, as this has been the case lately, in a great great mood!!!. If feeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooddddddd, nananananaaaaaaaaaa.

In my opinion, the show could have been a bit more intense, casuse:

a) there were way too many solos in my opinion.

b) almost a third of the concert were new songs, which is great for us downloading motherfuckers but no so great for 95 % of the audience.

Anyway, it was really great to see Axl in such a good shape. I think his voice was better in this show than in the one I saw back in 93.

Enjoy Lisbon!!! beer

I totally agree ?with your opinion. ? This band needs to stop playing the new songs until the album is released. ?They should only play 2 new songs a night( preferably "better , "CD" ?or the "Blues". ?The old band could get away with playing new music at concert because they were already an established band . ?Nobody knows this new band yet. People are going to these shows to hear the classics , nothing more. ? I also agree that they have to eliminate the solos completely, ?they are absolutely useless. ? If Axl wants to give his bandmates a moment in the spotlight during these shows ?than let them play a melody as a lead-in ? to one of the songs ( Like Slash used to do ). ? ?I really hope they change this for RiR or else it could get very boring. ?The only relaxing moment the crowd should have during ?this tour is "november rain" ? everything else should be a rocker.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »

Yeah... Speaking of other posters as 'faggots' and 'pricks' will not make your stay here longer. ?Stop doing it.

There are better ways to getting your point accross.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: