Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  a really strange dream i had...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a really strange dream i had...  (Read 1781 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« on: June 17, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »

i'm in the process of getting together with this girl i'm in love with. or at least i think i'm in love with her. i certainly adore this girl and i picture a future with her, we really get along great and she seems perfect for me. we have been dating for like four weeks without actually being a couple yet, but a dream i had two nights ago kind of made me question whether i'm really in love with her or if it's just infatuation. you see, i dreamt that i was at her house to meet her parents, and she and both of her parents were sitting at the table and i was standing in the middle of the room, and her father aggressively told her that i wasn't the right type for her, and to my surprise my reaction, in the dream, was indifference, and maybe even relief. i left the house without saying anything and not feeling sad at all, actually more like i was free to go, that "oh well, maybe it's for the better" feeling. could this be a sign? does it make sense at all that i have strong feelings for this girl when i'm awake but not when i'm dreaming? i don't want to read too much into this but maybe it's a sign that my feelings for her aren't as strong as i thought. what do you think? i was head over heels for her until i had that dream, and i sort of still am, but now i feel more uncertain about the whole thing.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »

If you "think" are in love, it is probably infatuation. "In love" takes  time  to develop. You need to see her  on her "off" days, the days she does not look great and is not all  made up, the days she is bitchy. If you still want to be  with her then, after seeing the bad side, it is love. Most of  all, you should just enjoy being with her and enjoy being together  as  a couple. It just feels  right. 

As for the dream, I not a psychologist, but I would be  interested  in what  emotions are expressed  in dreams. That  is, I wonder  if the full range of emotions  are expressed in dreams or  only a part  of the spectrum (anger, fear, lust,  etc). I  wonder  if "love," as a very complex  emotion, is expressed in a dream, or  even can be.

In short, I would not read  too much into the "indifference" expressed in  your dream. If you are  early in the relationship, the indifference may simply mean that the subconscience has not yet formed a definite emotion  to express  via  the dreams.

You are  welcome, you may send $150 to my paypal account for the expert advice.   hihi
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »

haha, thanks man, consultation fee is on its way hihi

well, i can tell you this much, from the day i met her i knew she was the kind of girl that i wanted to be with, and for the past 4 weeks i have spent time with her almost every day and i have seen her on her "off" days already, doesn't make me want to be with her any less at all, on the contrary. it all seemed to be going perfect until i started having these doubts because of that dream. it is probably ridicilous to put this much into a dream but it just really made me think. i don't know about feeling love in dreams, i'm not a psychologist, but i do know that i shouldn't feel relief when realizing that i can't have the girl i feel i'm in love with, even if it's in a dream nervous

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »

If everything  else is going great, then forget  the dreams. The mind plays  games, and no one, not even psychologists, have figured it all out. Just enjoy yourself  and hope she is the one. Don't let dreams  sabotage  what  may be something special.

Ok, your tab is now $300! rofl
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:21:16 PM »

Ok, your tab is now $300! rofl

DAMN!!! rofl
i'm broke man, love has its price and taking this girl out ain't cheap hihi

and you're probably right about the dream. screw it, i'll try to forget about it and just enjoy the ride peace thanks!

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: