Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 733935 times)
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2008, 04:03:48 AM »

I've seen NIN a few times.  It wouldn't take much for him to tour with them.  All he has to do is PRETEND to play the guitar.   The backing tapes do most of the work.  I don't think he would even need to learn the songs to play with that band.
Jesus, I can't believe I'm reading that.

There, read what Jerome Dillon said about Robin (sorry I can't post it 'cause it's copyrighted)... Hint: scroll down till you find a question regarding live drums  ok

http://www.thenitmustbetrue.com/dillon/dillon1.html

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:06:31 AM by Lori » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2008, 04:11:26 AM »

appears that within the span of a week Velvet Revolver lost a singer and Guns N' Roses lost the lead guitar player

*yawns* please stop suggesting bullshit like this.  no interest in that shit happening at all, i don't even want to read it.

what are you talking about
IM POINTING OUT THE FACTS
im not insinuating my opinions, thats the fact

go check out the vr boards, or read the entertainement news if you dont believe me, do some research before you suggest that im bullshitting

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2008, 04:29:55 AM »

jarmo... is this even confirmed yet?

this could be trent pulling a prank, he has done so in the past when it regards new gnr...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2008, 04:51:13 AM »

this could be trent pulling a prank
Unlikely to say the least....

GNR forever !!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:25 AM »

this could be trent pulling a prank
Unlikely to say the least....

And i thought it was unlikely that finck would be leaving....

who knows now what is going on...

time for new band managment to start earning their money and inform the bands "they care about so much"

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2008, 05:12:31 AM »

I can't believe that Robin would leave when the album's this close to release, so I can only guess that this is something to fill the time and is being done with Axl's blessing.  And, at this stage, I'm not prepared to give up on the hope that there's still a chance I may get to see GNR on stage again before the end of the year, to coincide with a pre-Christmas album release.

Either way, given Trent's comment about Robin back in 2005 (see link), I'm very surprised with this turn of events.  I guess that Robin's way more forgiving than I would be...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18209.0

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »

Stay with us Robin! Don't leave....  Embarrassed
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2008, 05:19:52 AM »

this could be trent pulling a prank, he has done so in the past when it regards new gnr...
I don't think he would have used youtube to spread fake news.  It's not like photoshopping pictures to put them on phantom websites, like he did to promote Year Zero.

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2008, 05:26:43 AM »

I can't believe that Robin would leave when the album's this close to release, so I can only guess that this is something to fill the time and is being done with Axl's blessing.  And, at this stage, I'm not prepared to give up on the hope that there's still a chance I may get to see GNR on stage again before the end of the year, to coincide with a pre-Christmas album release.

Either way, given Trent's comment about Robin back in 2005 (see link), I'm very surprised with this turn of events.  I guess that Robin's way more forgiving than I would be...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18209.0

Reznor said worse things than this. I think he was pissed off because Robin had turned him down so he decided to pretend he didn't give a shit about him. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing on Trent but this is typical of him to react this way when things don't fit his agenda. Robin has worked  for him on and off for years so he knows it's no big deal.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:50 AM »

It seems like the pattern continues - a couple of bits of good news, and then another major setback.

Well, maybe as some have said, Robin is just killing time with NIN while the GNR wagon gets rolling.

I hope Axl or Robin let's us know instead of leaving us to speculate.

And there goes the challenger...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2008, 05:47:33 AM »

Calm down everyone...

Don't know about Robin, and I hope there's nothing to worry about, but there are other GN'R members WHO ARE DEFINITELY NOT LEAVING THE BAND and they 're planning tours.

And for Robin, GN'R and NIN is TOTALLY DIFFERENT... With GN'R's new record he's part of the music, he'll be aknowledged for the music millions will listen to...

With NIN he's just performing the music someone else has written. He'll just be part of the live experience...

Don't you think he can tell the difference?

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2008, 05:53:52 AM »

to ease the pain for some.

1) Robin is doing the tour.
2) Chidem is done and now Axl and management are doing Business stuff. remember the article of letting music dudes and whatever listen to 6 tracks... pob means putting out a first single.
3) Gnr won't tour  in the summer so everyone is free to do what ever they want.
4) Rich/tom/brain/buck/bumle/frank/dizzy have all been doing solo stuff and stuff bit bigger then solo stuff.
5) no anouncement about this,  well robin is just playing.
6) Anouncement could be positive or negative but let's wait till that point.
7) dont assume he's gone.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2008, 05:55:46 AM »

Well put, Christos.

And Bim Job: very well said.   couldn't have put it any better.    Robin is the fucking man and he embodies what GnR is all about. Happy birthday  

- Nah, not my birthday, just me writing before I had my morning coffee.  What I meant was, that I grew up on GNR and that I'm 36 years old now (so one could do the math backwards to 1987). Been a fan of GNRs music and Axl as a vocalist, songwriter and performer ever since.

And I prefer Axl 2006 > Axl 1992.  Easily.

As for Robin. Luv the cat. Loved him back from he was in NIN, so when the bomb landed in 1997 (he'd joined Guns) I was in the seventh heaven.

I hope this is only for a change of pace or whatever.

We'll see. I'd say an announcement will be made concerning this soon because there's a LOT of GNR board movement on this one.  Robin and Tommy are GNR royalty, more than any of the new members since 1996.

Smiley

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:22 AM »

i just wanna say, if robin quits Gn'r, i give up on the band. Robin is the Lead guitar player. he's the New Slash. i can't really find a replacement for him.

But i think he's just touring cuz there's nothing else goin on with Gn'R and the guy is allowed to make money and hang out with friends and pursue other musical interests in his free time.

so, i think it's great his doing this with NIN. i bet he'll be back with Gn'r once there's something to promote

Chinese Democracy!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2008, 06:02:36 AM »

all eyes will be fixed on the gnr site now I bet....

hopefully some positive aspects will be extracted from the situation if this is true...

although cant see cd being released if robin is busy in his old band...

now my posts are being deleted? can I please have a pm to clarify this, I would just like some communication without
the mods just deleting at will...  Im not having a go, I just want to know what I can post?  Is my personal opinion on the robin matter
alright? or do I have to be a yes man...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:20:02 AM by gunns1 » Logged

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2008, 06:26:06 AM »

well there are 2 options

Axl and management release a statement and we are all happy
2) no anouncement will be made cause there isn't anything to say.

I think 2 is the better option to this.

we wine about nonsence.  Richard has done Nena and I consider that as a bigger thing then Solo work.
Tommy made a reccord or 2... no bigger thing then solo?
it is solo work.
RObin is doing the same. let him tour through september cause we already knew GNR wouldn't tour in the summer period.
Robin can leave NIN after september and join gnr again. it's not a big deal.

the only bad thing out of this is that we wine to much and Axl doesn't feel like giving a statement.
Zakk Wylde
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2008, 06:33:48 AM »

well it's a dog gone shame but I guess it's never too late to change....Jarmo

Jarmo be here (up and over)

Just reach out and call his name, his name

Lets wait for Jarmo to set the record straight eh?!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:09 AM »

if there's something to say we can see a statement coming this weekend. if there's nothin to say don't wait for it.

Brain has been out of the fold but is also still a gnr member and He will be back when CHinese democracy comes out. those were hs terms.
Robin can do the same. gnr wont tour till october/november while the business stuff is covering the entire spring/summer

I have 2 options for the last news.(axl let higher ups and music prep listen to 6 tracks)
1) Axl is ready to put it out and they were deciding wich song to put out as a single to we can assume there will be 6 major singles coming of CHidem in the future.
2) they are talking business stuff concerning proper promotion and have to choose a song for commercial stuff or something in the line of that.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2008, 06:41:41 AM »

if there's something to say we can see a statement coming this weekend. if there's nothin to say don't wait for it.

Brain has been out of the fold but is also still a gnr member and He will be back when CHinese democracy comes out. those were hs terms.
Robin can do the same. gnr wont tour till october/november while the business stuff is covering the entire spring/summer

I have 2 options for the last news.(axl let higher ups and music prep listen to 6 tracks)
1) Axl is ready to put it out and they were deciding wich song to put out as a single to we can assume there will be 6 major singles coming of CHidem in the future.
2) they are talking business stuff concerning proper promotion and have to choose a song for commercial stuff or something in the line of that.

I agree expect I don't think we will get six single on / off cd. Three at the most.

Hopefully thing go down  with Robin touring the NA part of the NIN tour. Then The Gunners get back together start plaining the tour and do all the promo stuff for the tour and album for an late 08/ early 09 drop date.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:44:37 AM by Timothy08 » Logged

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2008, 06:42:57 AM »

we'll

I can see

Better
The blues
madagascar
there was a time being played.
Chidem also as a smack in the face song.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: