Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:09:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Album recommendations?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album recommendations?  (Read 21559 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2004, 04:32:18 PM »

if you like some great metal\anthems try Motley Crue- Shout At The Devil

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TJENZ
Opening Act

Funkytown

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »

Arcade Fire's debut album Funeral.  Without a doubt the best album released in 2004.  Also the best live show I saw in '04.
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2005, 04:47:07 PM »

Hmmm well i have kinda odd taste in music so if you do get any of these and you hate 'em please don't kill me!!!

The Clash - Clash on Broadway (this has 3 cds and has pretty much every clash song that you need, they are in my opinion one of the greatest bands to have ever existed and they had loadsa music)
Bob Geldof & the Boomtown Rats - Great Songs of Indifference (i don't actually own this album but i know most of the songs off it anyway and they're really great ad different. Some of the music has a hint of punk and erm... yeah it's really different. It's cool for summat different)
Green Day - Dookie (good for fast catchy punk-pop songs)
Green Day - International Superhits (a round-up of all their hits from over the years. They're a great band so i really recommend this one)
Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs (i love this album cos i think PJ perform really well live. i got this after i had only listened too Ten yet i still liked it, so i don't think you have to be a big fan to like it- just aslong as you like some of their music)
Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin (say what you like but i like her. If you like the singles then get it. If you don't then don't bother... simple as)
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks (i don't have it but i've heard most of the songs off it through my launch radio and the singles off it are great too so i recommend it even though i don't have it.... oh and i like their attitude)
Nirvana - Nirvana (good Nirvana album for someone who isn't a huge fan but likes the singles)

erm... i may edit if i think of any more

It's evolution, baby!
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

I seriously recommend News Of The World by Queen and The Game by Queen. And also Led Zep IV. Seriously get these 3 if you havent got them.

Key tracks.

News Of The World - Sheer Heart Attack, It's Late, Sleeping On The Sidewalk, My Melancholy Blues and Spread Your Wings.

The Game - Sail Away Sweet Sister, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Rock It (prime jive) and Save Me.

IV - Black Dog and Stairway.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »

A lot of the big, classic known albums have been mentioned, but if you can, seriously check this next album out.  You can even download the whole thing as a zip file - there are only 7 songs on there so it takes very little time. The album is called The Offering by a band called Animal Bag.  It's very clean and has an acoustic vibe to it (even though it isn't an acoustic album). It's pretty upbeat, atmospheric and has distinct vocals. I seriously urge you to listen to it.

Also, I recommend to start out with songs Wooden Ships, Last One, If I and Tom

Here's the link: http://www.animalbag.com/music/Offering.zip

If you don't want to DL the whole album, you can download the individual songs one at a time. Once again, I suggest getting the 4 songs I mentioned at first. The link for that is http://www.animalbag.com/music.cfm
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 11:06:46 PM by Captain Obvious » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2005, 01:59:50 AM »

Seether - Disclaimer

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Korn - Greatest Hits Vol. I? -? I usually don't recommend Greatest Hits compilations, but I'm so totally into their remakes of Word Up and Another Brick in the Wall

System of a Down - System of a Down

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Black Label Society - Stronger than Death

Faith No More - Angel Dust

Prince - Controversy

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

The Cars - Candy-O

Disturbed - The Sickness

those are my faves... after GNR of course.?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 02:15:24 AM by Tied-Up » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2005, 01:57:05 PM »

I seriously recommend News Of The World by Queen and The Game by Queen. And also Led Zep IV. Seriously get these 3 if you havent got them.

Key tracks.

News Of The World - Sheer Heart Attack, It's Late, Sleeping On The Sidewalk, My Melancholy Blues and Spread Your Wings.

The Game - Sail Away Sweet Sister, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Rock It (prime jive) and Save Me.

IV - Black Dog and Stairway.

You forgot Who needs You of News of The World which is an excellent song and doesn't fit into rock category is kinda odd song but it has to be heard.
The Game excellent choice on Rock it (prime jive)  ok

No man can be my equal
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »

Simple the album 16Stone by Bush

and The Science of things by Bush

Great albums.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Lithium
Headliner

You do it your way, I do it the Nor-way

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:23 AM »

... And Justice For All - Metallica
Unplugged In New York - Nirvana
Heroes - David Bowie
Killers-  Iron Maiden
Vol. 4 - Black Sabbath
London Calling - The Clash
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

"If it's illegal to rock 'n' roll, throw my ass in jail!"
- Kurt Donald Cobain, Nirvana
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2006, 02:48:51 PM »

Down - Nola
Down II

Go now and get your ass kicked.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2006, 03:04:22 PM »

Down - Nola
Down II

U could waste ur money on those or, if you like good music, try Pantera - Far Beyond Driven

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2006, 03:10:40 PM »

I rather hear Pantera - Cowboys from hell, some friend gave me Far beyond driven and I exchange it with Megadeth's rust in peace, that's the worst thing I've ever done  no

No man can be my equal
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »

Yeah I was waiting for those stupid responces.. Of course you can pick up a Pantera album. As I have them all.. Down is a DIFFERENT sound.. A very good low down gritty sound.. So please.. keep the dumbass comments to yourself.

Remember.. DIFFERENT SOUND. Different band.. Why bring up only Pantera? Cause Phil is involved? Why not bring up COC too?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »

Well I was talking to Izzy anyway, as for the cocophony stuff haven't heard but one album, I dont even know if they've done more  Tongue

No man can be my equal
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »

Well I was talking to both of you.. To say Down is a waste of money then you must be really dumb. They are a hell of a band and not to mention 2/4 of pantera is in the band so to say Down is shit and you like Pantera is pretty stupid.. I havent met one Pantera fan who didn't give props and respect to Down.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

I highly recommend Pink Martini - Sympathique.  http://www.pinkmartini.com/cd/pm_cd.html

It's a very diverse album -- the songs are in different languages and styles. It's well worth listening to. It's the kind of album you can listen to from start to finish without getting bored.

A little info on Pink Martini:

Somewhere between a 1930s Cuban dance orchestra, a classical chamber music ensemble, a Brasilian marching street band and Japanese film noir is the 12-piece Pink Martini.
Part language lesson, part Hollywood musical, the Portland, Oregon-based ?little orchestra? was created in 1994 in Portland, Oregon by Harvard graduate and classically trained pianist Thomas M. Lauderdale to play at political fundraisers for progressive causes such as civil rights, affordable housing, clean water, and public broadcasting. The group made its European debut at the Cannes Film Festival and in the years following went on to tour throughout Europe (including France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Monte Carlo), Greece, Turkey, Taiwan, Lebanon and the United States.

Pink Martini?s debut album, Sympathique, was released independently on the band?s own label, Heinz Records (after Lauderdale?s dog, Heinz) and has sold over 650,000 copies worldwide. Nominated for ?Song of the Year? and ?Best New Artist? in France?s Victoires de la Musique awards, Sympathique has gone Platinum in France and Gold in Greece.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2006, 08:48:38 PM »

Down - Nola
Down II

I agree, great albums beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »

You know what's a really fucking good band? Prunella Scales. I heard the album for the first time today, and it was pretty much, the best thing I've heard in centuries. I would describe it as experimental punk rock with guitar solos. And Rachel Bolan on vocals! kickass.
my reccomendation:

Prunella Scales - Dressing up the Idiot

robots.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2006, 04:32:08 AM »

Well I was talking to both of you.. To say Down is a waste of money then you must be really dumb. They are a hell of a band and not to mention 2/4 of pantera is in the band so to say Down is shit and you like Pantera is pretty stupid.. I havent met one Pantera fan who didn't give props and respect to Down.

Pantera is simply the last best Metal band ever, ageless, timeless! 
Down, is something else, is great i love it!!  i have both albums and is hard to decide wich one is better. Down is not a band just for anybody, u know, its underground and thats why we love it, and thats why Phil loves it!   Best stoner metal band ever!  For those who havent listened to Down, is like  listening to early Sabbath, st Vitus and shit, is awesome! Any if some guys here dont like Down, is their loss.
Dont forget Superjoint Ritual!, Agressive shit, love it too, u need that kinda music sometimes , u know,  its great.
And as i said before, Phil Anselmo is the "new" Metal GOD . whether u like it or not, He is!   Hail Satan!

If the world would end today... Wink
RichardNixon
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2006, 04:38:58 AM »

One album not to forget is:

LOVE- FOREVER CHANGES!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: