Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Album recommendations?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album recommendations?  (Read 21189 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2006, 10:13:13 AM »

Well I was talking to both of you.. To say Down is a waste of money then you must be really dumb. They are a hell of a band and not to mention 2/4 of pantera is in the band so to say Down is shit and you like Pantera is pretty stupid.. I havent met one Pantera fan who didn't give props and respect to Down.

Flashnews I dont like pantera and I havent heard down (dont care really),  as for my previews post I was saying that the worst thing that happened to me was getting change my Rust in peace album with far beyond driven which Izzy said

No man can be my equal
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2006, 06:00:22 AM »

Ok, i'll add a few albums...

Clutch - Blast Tyrant

Key tracks: "The mob goes wild" and "Ghost".

This is a great album! The singer, Neil Fallon, has an incredible voice. One of the most underrated bands in rock history, IMO. One of my absolute favourite songs by Clutch is not from this album, it's "Open up the borders" from Pure Rock Fury, so check that one out as well.

At the drive in - Relationship of command

Key tracks: "One Armed Scissor" and "Rolodex Propaganda"(with Iggy Pop).

The roots of Mars Volta(also a great band, especially live...) I guess that either you love Cedric's voice or you hate it, i'm one of those who love it. I strongly recommend this album.

Machine Head - Burn my eyes

Key tracks: "Davidian" and "Old"

Machine head's debut and essentially their only solid album to date. The song "Davidian" is outstanding, just listen to Rob Flynn screaming "Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast..." and the guitars that follows it...

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2006, 05:34:17 AM »

How about something a little bit different here's some great bands that don't get much if any media coverage besides many of them being quite big acts in Asia & Europe.

Nightwish - Once.
Highlights - Dark Chest Of Wonders, Planet Hell, The Siren, Dead Gardens, Romanticide & Ghost Love Score
An absolutely awesome album comprising a mix of classic metal elements with some modern infuences thrown in. Big orchestral elements with a classicaly trained female opera singer on vocals(who has recently been sacked) no. With male vocals provided by the bassist on some tracks.

Edguy - Hellfire Club
Highlights - The Piper Never Dies, We Don't Need A Hero, Under The Moon, Rise Of The Morning Glory, & Navigator
This is a classic German power metal band. They don't take themselves to seriously, and this attitude comes through in their music. which at times can be quite hilarious(see their latest album Rocket Ride). They also put on a fantastic live show.
Seen them three times, each show was awesome. Their sound I would say is a mix between Helloween and Iron Maiden.
Tobias Sammet(singer) has an absolutely superb voice similiar to Bruce Dickinson.

Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
Highlights - Into The Storm, Nightfall, Mirror Mirror, Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill), Thorn & When Sorrow Sang
Another German power metal band. As the title suggest this album is based on the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien specifically The Silmarillion. If you like concept albums I'm sure you love this it is superb. It has many different elements and sounds all which work perfectly with the story.

Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands pt2 The Dark Secret
Highlights - Unholy Warcry, The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream, Sacred Power Of Raging Winds & Nightfall On The Grey Mountains
This is epic symphonic fantasy metal at it's absolute finest. No fake instruments here, all real violins among an assortment off classical instruments including a barouqe ensemble. Fans of Buckethead will love Luca Turilli's guitar work it's totally amazing at times.
This album is the first in a new saga. The last one, The Emerald Sword saga lasted five albums, and is also superb.

Gordi
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »

Try -

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited A known classic by one of the greatest artists ever. Folk Rock/Country

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Give It Back One Of the best albums by this very versatile band. Alternative

My Morning Jacket - Z Just thought I'd add it in becuase this brilliant album it didn't get the recognition it deserved. Folk/Psychedelic

Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell Staggeringly brilliant. Alt. Country/Rock/Folk
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:12:16 AM by Tea Swillin' Jack » Logged
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »

Ok here are some of mine:

NIN - The Fragile
NIN - Downward Spiral
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Pink Floyd    - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
Pink Floyd - Pulse
The Doors - The Doors
The Doors - An American Prayer
The Doors - L.A. Woman
Metallica - "Black Album"
Metallica - Master of Puppets
David Bowie - Greatest Hits
AC/DC - Live
Aerosmith - Greatest Hits (the first GH, the red one that contains the old ones)
Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Candlebox - Candlebox
Moist - Creature
Blind Melon - Blind Melon
Dream Teather - Images and Words
Marylin Manson - AntiChrist Super Star
M?tley Cr?e - Live: Entertainment Or Death
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
Rolling Stones - Stripped
Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babilon
Rollins Band - Weight
Joe Satriani - Time Machine